Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Logan to consider building land-side train to replace shuttle buses

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Logan to consider building land-side train to replace shuttle buses

Per an article in the Boston Globe, Massport will conduct a feasibility study on building a train or monorail to connect the terminals and the rental car center.

Boston Globe article

In my opinion, it seems like an worthwhile thing to study but the billion-dollar price estimate certainly raises concerns. Perhaps building a third level of roadway would be a more viable option. You could have it only be for buses, which would include shuttle buses as well as hotel shuttles and Logan Express, etc.

Last edited by will2288; Apr 25, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:30 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I wish there was a way to "short" something like this
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:50 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
How about a post-security/airside train? Please? Pretty please?
Analise and radiowell like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:55 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
The "Logan 2000" plan (before it was shrunken and renamed the "Logan Modernization Project" to remove the implicit deadline) included an automated people mover from the T station to all the terminals. It didn't last long, IIRC, because as costs rose they had to drop something....
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
i can't imagine how they'd thread a monorail, etc. through the rat's nest of structures and access roads, landside or airside. Adding the EWR train was a walk in the park by comparison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.