Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Boston Logan connection time - is it enough?

Old Jun 5, 18, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Hello, we are looking at travelling Air Canada through Boston connecting with Aerlingus flight to Dublin. The layover time is 1h41 - is this enough time to get from one terminal to the other? We haven't booked our tickets yet, so I suspect it would be for getting from terminal B to C. In the past we have had 3+ hours.

We don't need to claim luggage as it would go straight through, just clear security.

Any help is most appreciated.

DD
Old Jun 5, 18, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
If you don't have to reclaim luggage, then this must be a single ticket. 1 hour, 41 minutes is enough time to make this connection on one ticket; the official minimum connection time is 1 hour, 15 minutes, which is a bit shorter than I'd be willing to try. You'll need to leave security when you get to Logan, go outside, and either walk or take the bus to terminal C, and then reclear security. The usual catch of course is if your inbound is late; I'd say you've only got about 20-30 minutes of leeway. But if your AC flight is on time, then you'll be just fine.
Old Jun 6, 18, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
I think the leeway is longer, but still itís all about whether your AC flight is on time or late. If on time, youíre fine.
Old Jun 6, 18, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks, our flights are booked as single tickets through AerLingus, so hopefully if our AC flight is late, we can get the later flight on AerLingus.
Old Jun 8, 18, 12:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The thread has been closed as the question was cross posted and answered in Information Desk.

NewbieRunner, senior moderator

Search this Thread
Search Engine: