Wiki Posts
Search

Woohoo! New PWM service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Woohoo! New PWM service

Not only is AA adding (AAdding?) a nonstop from PWM-ORD this summer, Frontier just announced it's adding nonstops between PWM and DEN, MCO, and RDU this summer too. Yay!!!

Frontier Airlines adding nonstop flights from Portland to Denver, Raleigh, Orlando | Mainebiz.biz
lo2e likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:00 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
What puzzles me a little bit is that I saw in a different article (can't find it now) that Frontier plans to stop the MCO service in November, right before what I would imagine is one of the most popular times to go to Florida from New England. Does anyone else find that a bit "odd" to say the least?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah, that's very weird. I hadn't heard that.

edit: their announcement doesn't mention end dates and refers to PWM as their "new home".
https://news.flyfrontier.com/portlan...-as-low-as-29/

I'd think that the cost of establishing service at a new airport would require they stuck around for more than three months. I really think you misread something.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:42 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Here we go: https://www.pressherald.com/2018/04/...e-in-portland/

The service is currently scheduled to end in November, but Tyri Squyres, the airline’s vice president of marketing, said a decision on whether to extend service, and when to resume flying next year, won’t be made until Frontier can gauge interest in the service.
So maybe a partial misunderstanding on my part, there is at least the option to extend beyond November, and frankly I would be surprised if they didn't take the option on that.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is it me or does it seem like a very odd way to run a business to commit to expanding into a new airport without apparently doing the market research needed to gauge demand?
Analise likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Is it me or does it seem like a very odd way to run a business to commit to expanding into a new airport without apparently doing the market research needed to gauge demand?
In this case they are trying to stimulate previously nonexistent traffic, not steal it from an incumbent. So the only way to gauge it is to try it.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:03 pm

Figures, I move away and that PWM-ORD route I've been wishing for finally happens!

I'll make this easy for you folks and will post here when we're moving back to Maine. At that point, you can expect these routes to discontinue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.