A week in the Boston area - advice please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A week in the Boston area - advice please

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

We're just back from our trip so thought I'd let everyone know how it went - may also help others who are planning something similar.

Day 1

Drove up from Plymouth stopped at the JFK memorial library - fascinating and well worth a visit. Beautifully presented exhibition in stunning surroundings.

Checked in to the Boston Doubletree North Shore for four nights. Hotel had a bit of a 'Conference Venue' feeling (like being back at work!) despite having a water park attached. Good location (for us) free parking. Room nicely appointed. Staff lovely - friendly and helpful - I cut myself shaving and just couldn't stop the bleeding despite the use of a styptic pencil, tissues, toilet paper and towels. Bathroom looked like a scene from Sweeny Todd! Phonecall to their CareLine and five minutes later knock on the door with a variety of Band Aids which saved the day in my moment of crisis!

Day 2

The weather - so hot - 96 degrees! Ruled out going into Boston and/or trip to Provincetown as needed the AC! Trip to Salem - excellent Witches Museum with very informative and knowledgeable staff.

Day 3

Weather still hot - 92 degrees! Nice drive up to Kittery ME, great shopping at the Outlet Mall followed by a yummy lobster roll for lunch.

Day 4

A bit cooler but temps still in the high 80's. Lovely drive up the coast: Manchester by the Sea, Gloucester and Rockport. Gorgeous views (some lovely houses!). Ice cream by the sea in Gloucester - even went for a paddle in the Atlantic.

Day 5

Lazy day - temperatures down in the 60's. Late check out of hotel and quick visit to a couple of Malls for last minute shopping before heading to Logan airport for our flight home.

We had a lovely time and thank everyone for their help and suggestions - we definitely plan on returning again at sometime in the future.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:07 am

Glad you had fun!
Old May 25, 2017, 9:28 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Glad to hear you had a good trip, and thanks for sharing your experiences!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.