Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

What happens to Terminal A after United moves?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens to Terminal A after United moves?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Air Canada for example. I assume they'd want to be near United but who knows?
According a poster on the United forum who went on the Massport tour of the new terminal a few weeks ago, Air Canada wants to stay in Terminal B but move to a set of gates that is contiguous to United (as opposed to their current set of Terminal B gates, which are far off to one end of the terminal).
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Firewind
Well, "C" is going to be all-JetBlue. Does JetBlue have lounges anywhere? I suggest that if they do or ever will, then they will have one at BOS. Likewise, the converse. It would take very little for JetBlue to introduce the idea here (just money). United's Terminal "C" United Club is modern and just needs new furniture. It would seem that with B6 introducing their new premium service, the pressure is on. And occupying the whole terminal, they won't be able to contract with anyone else to compete on this account.
No JetBlue-operated lounges but there is a 3rd party one at JFK T5. It is used mostly by Aer Lingus for their business class passengers. Last I checked JetBlue has not arranged access to that lounge for their Mint passengers and they did not seem inclined to. Plus they're not bringing Mint to Boston in the immediate future.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:24 am

Any word on whether Massport is actually able to attract any new int'l routes? BOS is ridiculously competitive on domestic 1-stop fares compared to pretty much any major city, but International leaves a lot to be desired. Service is pretty good to Europe, but I'd always take a cheaper fare. It'd be incredible if a Middle Eastern carrier moved in and flew a fifth freedom route.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Any word on whether Massport is actually able to attract any new int'l routes? BOS is ridiculously competitive on domestic 1-stop fares compared to pretty much any major city, but International leaves a lot to be desired. Service is pretty good to Europe, but I'd always take a cheaper fare. It'd be incredible if a Middle Eastern carrier moved in and flew a fifth freedom route.
Recently BOS has added:

- Copa Airlines service to Panama City, Panama
- Japan Airlines service to Tokyo
- Emirates service to Dubai, UAE

and will soon add:

- Turkish Airlines service to Istanbul
- Hainan Ailrines service to Beijing, China

There aren't that many European airlines that fly to North America and don't fly to Boston. Logan has service to about 14 cities in Europe, depending how you count. Not bad for the 10th largest metro area in the US and an airport that doesn't have a hub (B6 and 9K excluded), but being so far north east certainly helps.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: EXP/5.2mm
Here are a few that would be in the "nice to have" category:

Milan (Alitalia)
Manchester (BA)
Brussels (Brussels Airlines?)
Barcelona (Iberia)
Berlin (Lufthansa)
Geneva (Swiss)
Oslo (SAS)
Stockholm (SAS)

This doesn't include all the Eastern European capitals, like Warsaw, Prague, Budapest, Vienna, etc., or big Russian cities like St. Petersburg or Moscow.

In Asia, there's Seoul (Korean Air), Osaka (JAL), and other cities in China (as a start).
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:14 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lhl12
Brussels (Brussels Airlines?)
Sabena used to have a BOS-BRU flight, so this would be a logical pseudo-resumption of that service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.