Boston: Getting to Legal Sea Foods from Logan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Legal is average at best. The 2nd floor at Harborside is actually enticing however.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum

Love the sausage and garlic pizza at Santarp's (well done) but would be tough for anyone sitting next to you on the flight. In general, though, the simpler the better for pizza there, including plain cheese.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
As noted, you can hit up Legal Sea Foods without leaving the airport.

I've always been pleased with the Test Kitchen at Terminal A.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:31 pm

I am not sure the OP wouldn't have plenty of time to eat, depending on what time of day he is going. Using a taxi might be the better choice.

The OP mentioned the Legal on State Street, not the 'flagship' location in the Seaport District. However, I would say the Seaport location would be the best choice. At non-rush hour time, a taxi ride back to Logan is barely more than 5 minutes. An UberX would cost $15ish.

Personally, I don't get the appeal of Santarpio's, but it does seem to have a lot of fans.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Santarpio's is aces - a Boston institution, as is the host ("Shorty"?) who greets customers at the door, even as he grills the meats. Thin, cracker crust pizzas. Remember this: It's cash - not even debit cards - only.

I think the Legal's venues in the Seaport District are surprisingly easy and fast to get to on the Silver Line from the airport. And the Legal's Harborside at Liberty Wharf (the other name for this Seaport District cluster of restaurants) has the better view, by far. Also of the planes taking off across the harbor.

The Silver Line buses go to all terminals, speed through the Ted Williams Tunnel, and then you get off at the World Trade Center station and walk a block toward the water. I think there's one station between the terminals and the WTC. They're free - free - inbound - into town - and $2.50 back out to the airport. A cab to there will be faster, without having to wait for the bus, but I'd still suggest that going there is at least as fast as getting to the Legal's by the aquarium, whatever the m.o. And it's much bigger, so there's less likely a wait when you get there.

Now, having said that, this would be the most fun: Take the Massport Ferry bus from your terminal to the Massport Ferry next to the airport Hyatt, and the ferry across the harbor to the wharf very near the Legal's at the aquarium. But the Massport Ferry doesn't run very often. (Google for their schedule.) And you'd also have the wait at that Legal's. But depending on how much time you have. . .
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:01 am

Are the Legal's at BOS fairly similar in quality as the ones in the city? If so, that's what the OP should do. Nobody makes better stuffed shrimp than Legal's.

Never tried Legal's at BOS, but I've always enjoyed their suburb locations (specifically Chestnut Hill and Natick) more than the more urban ones in Cambridge, near the Boston Commons and inside Copley. But overall I've personally always enjoyed the food at Legal's, no matter what they say. So much better than places like Atlantic Fish Co or Turners Fisheries. But that is just my opinion.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Quick Update

FWIW, I was able to get to Santarpio's very easily from Logan and I made it back to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

I took one of the airport buses to the Airport T station, from which I walked through the East Boston Memorial Park to Santarpio's. It was excellent!

Thanks for y'all's help!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:31 pm

Meh, I like Legal, and I think the airport locations are pretty good too. I don't order lobster or anything because that's cheap and plentiful at home, but their crab cakes, stuffed shrimp and cioppino are decent. Oysters are hard to mess up (and they don't).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.