2012 Fall Foliage Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Fall Foliage Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

So how is the foliage at the Public Garden and Boston Common this week?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:05 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Can't speak for the Common or the Garden, but I've got quite a few leaves down, if anyone wants a bucolic New England experience and help me rake them up!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Live View from Amherst, MA

https://www.amherst.edu/aboutamherst.../amhcams/range = 1000 words

(Camera located at Amherst, College, MA, aimed southward at the Mt Holyoke range. It will give a rough idea of where the 'turn' is progressing in Western Massachusetts)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Can't speak for the Common or the Garden, but I've got quite a few leaves down, if anyone wants a bucolic New England experience and help me rake them up!
Boston Common foliage is no different from Central Park. I thought there would be more color. What a great day in Boston.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:02 am

I rode the Minuteman Bikeway yesterday, and I can't say that the colors were especially vibrant. Still, it's one of the better routes for foliage-enjoying inside of 128.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:01 pm

It seems to me that Boston, and the other towns that are right on the ocean, have an odd foliage season. The leaves change at widely different times, so there never really seems to be a "peak".
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by mareh
It seems to me that Boston, and the other towns that are right on the ocean, have an odd foliage season. The leaves change at widely different times, so there never really seems to be a "peak".
Yeah - what I see on leaves in Cambridge doesn't seem to bear a relationship to stuff outside the city, and I'm sure it's different in Western MA too.

FWIW, in Cambridge, I think we hit peak last weekend.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I think last weekend was peak in Central CT. A little too warm, but a nice weekend.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Probably goes without saying, but Sandy pretty much put an end to the foilage season in Southern New England. It was past peak, but there still were decent patches of color. Now, there is very little left.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:52 am

Parts of northeastern MA still have a lot of bright spots. My backyard is very colorful. We didn't lose many leaves, surprisingly.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:53 am
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Probably goes without saying, but Sandy pretty much put an end to the foilage season in Southern New England. It was past peak, but there still were decent patches of color. Now, there is very little left.
Agreed - not many leaves at all left on the trees here. So from the date I started this thread, the season here in Maine went about a month or more. Not too shabby!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.