Reload this Page >

2012 Fall Foliage Thread

2012 Fall Foliage Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:00 pm
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
2012 Fall Foliage Thread

I wanted to go ahead and start the discussion on Fall Foliage for 2012, as outside my house in Central Maine there are some leaves that are starting to change. We've had some really cool nights, but pretty warm/hot days, so I think we're still at least a week or two from prime color. But if you are in an area where you're starting to see noticeable foliage, please report here and let us know.

Adam/lo2e
NE Ambassador
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My go to website: http://www.maine.gov/doc/foliage/?ut...ineFoliage.com

It updates every Wednesday.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:18 am

according to this article, the foliage should be good this year. I'm already planning a couple apple orchard runs for pictures, apples, and fresh cider donuts!

*insert pic of Homer Simpson drooling*
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:50 am

Programs: Aadvantage, Marriott, Starwood, Southwest
Just starting to turn in NW CT... should be a nicer foliage season compared to last year. Last year's was ruined by the Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene. We are also hoping for no October snow-mageddon!!!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lo2e
I wanted to go ahead and start the discussion on Fall Foliage for 2012, as outside my house in Central Maine there are some leaves that are starting to change. .................... But if you are in an area where you're starting to see noticeable foliage, please report here and let us know.

Adam/lo2e
NE Ambassador
Thanks for starting this thread. Would also like to see some images of NE fall foliage with some caption of location.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by baglab
Just starting to turn in NW CT... should be a nicer foliage season compared to last year. Last year's was ruined by the Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene. We are also hoping for no October snow-mageddon!!!
Amen! ^
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:40 am
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

According to MaineFoliage.com - foliage currently in Maine is "very low" along the entire coast, Lewiston/Auburn, Augusta, Bangor areas, and in far Western Maine (Sunday River area, Oxford County, and Western Franklin County), "low" from Bangor to Calais and in the Moosehead Lake area, and "moderate" north/northeast of Bangor and Aroostook County.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I think it's going to pop soon. We've had some very cold nights over the past two weeks.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
today's drive to Bangor there weren't too many trees that were turning. However there were some maples that were at their peak. just getting some trees turning yellow now.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:47 am
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PresRDC
I think it's going to pop soon. We've had some very cold nights over the past two weeks.
Same here - starting to see a bit more color now in my area of Central Maine.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 3:43 am

Programs: Aadvantage, Marriott, Starwood, Southwest
Here is the CT link: www.ct.gov/deep/foliage. Per news reports, to be a good year!!!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Drove from Quebec to Boston yesterday through Vermont and NH. Beautiful drive but not much color south of the US border yet.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:34 pm
Ambassador, New England
Original Poster

The color in Central Maine is quite bright, about peak in Sagadahoc and Kennebec Counties in my opinion.

I also spent some time at the Fryeburg Fair this weekend, and there is a good amount of color in that area also.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
The first maple on my street turned bright red today! I think this weekend will be a good one to go out and explore.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:09 pm
Original Member

We just finished 1000 miles in a minivan from LGA up through CT and MA to Lebanon, NH. It was just pre-peak in the Upper Valley, with some sporadic peaking on the higher elevations. Brattleboro and south was definitely pre-peaking. Burlington and NW from there was quite nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.