Wiki Posts
Search

Tight connection in BOS: opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Tight connection in BOS: opinions wanted

Hi All,

Just booked a few flights not realizing the tight connection time on the last leg from BOS. I fly in to BOS from EWR on CO metal at 4pm July 12, then booked to fly out on Cape Air to PVC at 4:45pm. Carry on luggage only. Can I make it?

C
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ckl73golf
Hi All,

Just booked a few flights not realizing the tight connection time on the last leg from BOS. I fly in to BOS from EWR on CO metal at 4pm July 12, then booked to fly out on Cape Air to PVC at 4:45pm. Carry on luggage only. Can I make it?

C
I think you are likely to have an issue if you're coming in on Continental to Terminal A; need to exit, go a fair distance to get to Terminal C and then re-clear security. If you can undo it, I would. If somehow, you're flying in on United into Terminal C, then you'd be fine.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I think you are likely to have an issue if you're coming in on Continental to Terminal A; need to exit, go a fair distance to get to Terminal C and then re-clear security. If you can undo it, I would. If somehow, you're flying in on United into Terminal C, then you'd be fine.
Well I am in 1A coming from EWR. Carry on luggage. And hopefully CO will be able to issue my 9K ticket in EWR, so I think I may have a chance if I catch whatever bus I see when coming out to the curb (i.e. rental car bus).
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Well I am in 1A coming from EWR. Carry on luggage. And hopefully CO will be able to issue my 9K ticket in EWR, so I think I may have a chance if I catch whatever bus I see when coming out to the curb (i.e. rental car bus).
Best bet is to take the Massport Bus #11 or #66. This will be much faster than walking through Central Parking. Its tight but doable.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Best bet is to take the Massport Bus #11 or #66. This will be much faster than walking through Central Parking. Its tight but doable.
Bet bet is to take the first bus that comes -- whether it's MassPort or a car rental or hotel bus (other than the MassPort #22 bus, which does not stop at Terminal C).
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
Bet bet is to take the first bus that comes -- whether it's MassPort or a car rental or hotel bus (other than the MassPort #22 bus, which does not stop at Terminal C).
If the OP isn't staying at a hotel or intends to rent a car he/she shouldn't use their shuttle.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Rush hour in mid-summer will have a lengthy security line and you are flying a carrier without access to premium line. I would be surprised if this is doable because I would plan on a minimum of 30 mins. for TSA. As noted, grab the first bus, whether MTA, shuttle, etc. that you can to minimize.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
If the OP isn't staying at a hotel or intends to rent a car he/she shouldn't use their shuttle.
Disagree. Nothing wrong with saying to the Hertz guy, "Hey, do you mind giving me a lift over to Terminal C?"

Originally Posted by Often1
Rush hour in mid-summer will have a lengthy security line and you are flying a carrier without access to premium line. I would be surprised if this is doable because I would plan on a minimum of 30 mins. for TSA. As noted, grab the first bus, whether MTA, shuttle, etc. that you can to minimize.
I would predict a 10 minute security line at most. I've certainly seen longer lines for those gates, but that's usually early in the morning.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:26 am
Original Poster

So I have decided to book the 7:01 9K flight to PVC as there were only two seat left so that guarantees a seat on the last flight out. However, I think I will still try to make the 4:45pm flight. Thanks all for your insights.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Often1
Wasn't aware there was a premium line at Terminal C security for the 9K gates.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
So I have decided to book the 7:01 9K flight to PVC as there were only two seat left so that guarantees a seat on the last flight out. However, I think I will still try to make the 4:45pm flight. Thanks all for your insights.
As far as I know all 9K tickets are flexible so they should be able to put you on the next flight if space is available. They've done that with me when flying to ACK, my BA flight from LHR was very short and I had enough time to get the earlier flight which had at least one no show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.