Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Boston hotels? Which Priceline zones or don't bother?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston hotels? Which Priceline zones or don't bother?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:48 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cwerdna
Ok, I moved my trip around so I'm in Boston 11/1 to 11/6 after doing a whole bunch more unsuccesfull bidding in the earlier recommended zones, Boston airport (Priceline's zone 10) and South Boston (zone 11). I think I went as high as $97 in airport and South Boston zones, to no avail.

I finally ended up with Courtyard By Marriott South Boston (3* zone 11) and it was only $75/night + tax/fees. Total is $441.10 for 5 nights. It looks like hotel has decent T access.

I didn't know how much I'd have to go to win w/my earlier dates, but that difference already is pretty big when one is staying 5 nights.
That's a decent price - but you'll also be pretty removed from the Boston scene (i.e. you won't be able to walk downtown nor will you really get a "city feel" from the hotel). Thankfully, you'll be able to take the T from Andrew pretty easily. I haven't lived around there before, but personally, that's not an area where I'd try to wander around at night unless you're just hitting one of the chain restaurants in the shopping plaza.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JY1024
That's a decent price - but you'll also be pretty removed from the Boston scene (i.e. you won't be able to walk downtown nor will you really get a "city feel" from the hotel). Thankfully, you'll be able to take the T from Andrew pretty easily. I haven't lived around there before, but personally, that's not an area where I'd try to wander around at night unless you're just hitting one of the chain restaurants in the shopping plaza.
I think I'm ok with that.

Side note: When I checked on Expedia and Marriott's web site last night, they wanted both $199/night for the same hotel. Yay for Priceline! ^
Old Oct 13, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I know I am too late for the OP, but in case someone digs this up later...

When I stay in Boston I go for Copley or the Airport zones only. Copley is self explanatory- very good hotels, a central location, and great T access.

If you bid for 3.5* at the airport you will get the Hyatt or Hilton, both are very accessible to Boston. Lower star bids bring in the hotels that are north of the airport and are generally less desirable and have poor access to the city. The Hilton is attached to the terminals (very handy in winter) and the Hyatt has a shuttle which can also take you to the T. The Hyatt also has a water taxi stop out back so you can ride a boat into Boston for $10 or so. More expensive than the T but a great ride and it will drop you right at the aquarium which is where you want to be as a tourist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.