Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

National Reservation System Migration: Paper Contracts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: * A

I was at IAD last evening to pick up my rental to find out the entire National System is being migrated to the consolidated Enterprise system. We had to wait in line to get our credit card imprinted and then handed a paper contract (similar to the ones at Enterprise). It took over 30 minutes to get a rental car. I am about to head back to catch my flight back in a couple of hours, will update later on what happened on return. Good luck National customers this weekend!
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:22 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Forgive me for not recalling but are you EA / ES - if you are this is really bad , if you're not still not good but counter service can be slow sometimes.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Plat.
Originally Posted by noirpepper
I was at IAD last evening to pick up my rental to find out the entire National System is being migrated to the consolidated Enterprise system. We had to wait in line to get our credit card imprinted and then handed a paper contract (similar to the ones at Enterprise). It took over 30 minutes to get a rental car. I am about to head back to catch my flight back in a couple of hours, will update later on what happened on return. Good luck National customers this weekend!
Yes, the computers were down all of yesterday and part of today to merge the Enterprise fleet into the National/Alamo fleet. When you return your car (assuming the computers are still out) a manual check-in will be completed, but this should only take a minute or two.

The same thing happened at BWI and DCA I would assume. But the integration will hopefully provide our customers with better service and options. It surely was not fun working yesterday without the computers.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: * A
I am ES, the selection was lame w/ a few sonatas. However, it's good to know that the insiders r still here. It was a pain last night.

do you know what time the system comes back up today?

Last edited by noirpepper; Aug 9, 2009 at 12:46 pm
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: aeroplan,amex platinum,hilton honours, emerald club elite, priority club
Originally Posted by noirpepper
I am ES, the selection was lame w/ a few sonatas. However, it's good to know that the insiders r still here. It was a pain last night.

do you know what time the system comes back up today?
System was back up today around 1pm CST. Both Enterprise and National's system were down across North America since yesterday morning. Contrary to the thread title, this was not a merger of reservation systems. We were bridging the fleet system for both companies. Both National and Enterprise use 2 completely different systems, however the outage was necessary so a bridge could be built in order for fleet to be shared and viewed in either system. This only applied to fleet services. In other words Enterprise can now use a National vehicle and vice versa, as each others vehicle and fleet info is now accessible in either system. This doesnt mean that a National renter can drop at Enterprise or vice versa, only that fleet can be shared. The computer systems still remain seperate as National's is fundamentally better for the type of business we do, and Enterprise's is much more user friendly for the insurance replacement business that they are known for.

Hope this info helps.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: aeroplan,amex platinum,hilton honours, emerald club elite, priority club
Originally Posted by peteropny
Forgive me for not recalling but are you EA / ES - if you are this is really bad , if you're not still not good but counter service can be slow sometimes.
EA/ES should still have been able to by pass the counter. At the exit booth, they were only recording the members E/C# and handwriting the unit# on a log sheet and sending them on thier way.

This was the procedure put in place for all the airport locations in North America this weekend. Hopefully this was being followed here as well.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I just returned a free day rental in Vancouver. I didn't get a rental credit for this. Is this new? I've always gotten one in the past.

Ron.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by newfbc
I just returned a free day rental in Vancouver. I didn't get a rental credit for this. Is this new? I've always gotten one in the past.

Ron.
I've emailed National about this.. awaiting a response. No guesses as to why this happened, rentalguy?

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.