Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at CVG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by traveling bijorn
Haven’t been to CVG in ages. Is the rental car garage a close by walk or is there a shuttle bus to an off site area? The latter takes more time, especially on return, and impacts my decision to rent vs. cab/Uber.
Shuttle bus, but all rental companies here are shuttles.
traveling bijorn likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Picked up here 8/9 6:30 PM

Slim but good pickings.
Ea
2x Wrangler
Some other small suv

EE
2x Atlas
1 Dodge Minivan

We’re bringing cars up as there was 6 of us on the Bus

Alamo side had many including Caddy and BMW suvs and A 3 series as well as other normal cars.

1 took a 2021 white VW Atlas
Nicely equipped with adaptive cruise and XM active. Wireless car play is good because it only has USB-C ports and I did not bring a USB-C to lightning cable.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: HH Dia, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by funnyfarm299
Shuttle bus, but all rental companies here are shuttles.
thanks, appreciate the info!
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by traveling bijorn
thanks, appreciate the info!
for what it’s worth, they are getting close on the completion of a rental car garage attached to the terminal. When I was there yesterday they had some signs up including signs like thank you for renting with us and things like that. No idea when it’ll be open though. The story says sometime this year

https://www.cvgairport.com/about/CVG...l-car-facility
Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:42 pm

10/23 (New Rental Garage Is Now Open as of 10/20)

EA: RAV4, 2 Kicks, Trax, Atlas, Corolla, 2 or 3 Rogue Sports, 2 Challengers, Equinox
Executive: Mini Countryman, Traverse, Camry, 2 Maxima, Malibu, Ram, 2 Compass, Kia Soul

Overall kind of an underwhelming selection, I took the RAV4 first but the inside was gross including cigarette burn on the seat and it was making a clicking noise, when I exchanged it, all that was really left was either a Kicks, Rogue Sport or Trax. I took the Rogue Sport. Tons of cars in return lane.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:07 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Anyone ever have a very late arrival at CVG (11:50pm scheduled) and pick up at National? I know there is a shuttle, and wondering how late this location waits for the customer.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by wunderpit
Anyone ever have a very late arrival at CVG (11:50pm scheduled) and pick up at National? I know there is a shuttle, and wondering how late this location waits for the customer.
No more shuttle. Rental Garage is now attached to Terminal

https://www.cvgairport.com/terminal/...rminal-updates

No idea on Hours though. Good Luck...
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:25 pm
formerly wunderpit

Originally Posted by AZwldcats
No more shuttle. Rental Garage is now attached to Terminal

https://www.cvgairport.com/terminal/...rminal-updates

No idea on Hours though. Good Luck...
That is amazing news, thanks! Yea right...I usually get in pretty late coming from west coast and you never know with these places (they are taking 11:30pm bookings). If I look at this correctly, the new garage is the opposite direction of the old shuttle depot?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by wunderpit
That is amazing news, thanks! Yea right...I usually get in pretty late coming from west coast and you never know with these places (they are taking 11:30pm bookings). If I look at this correctly, the new garage is the opposite direction of the old shuttle depot?
Yup
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:48 pm
formerly wunderpit

Originally Posted by AZwldcats
Yup
FYI, I usually use National. Straight from the horse's mouth, they will stay on site for up to 2 hours past rental time. We can all hope...
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Picked up this evening around 8pm

EE - Good mix of everything like Camry, midsize SUVs, Rams / pick ups, Highlander
EA - Similar section but smaller sedans like the Corolla
PS - Mustang, S60, BMW X2

Took an Audi A5 with 2700 miles on the clock off Exec. App says this is an exotic sport.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
3/13 in the evening
Didn't look too closely at EA but I saw several full size trucks, Ram 1500 and F150, a couple of Pacificas, as well as a Corolla

Exec was about 2/3s full spread across their spaces. Several Charger V6s, Malibus, F150s and Ram 1500s, a few CX-5s with at least one turbo, Explorer XLT and a few other Kia/Hyundai SUVs. Notables included a 430i convertible (tempting but not when it's 20 out), Challenger R/T, Mini Countryman S, Miata, Pathfinder Platinum, Cadillac XT5, Honda Ridgeline, and a GMC Sierra 1500 that had a ton of options and dark wheels.

Upgrade had a Volvo S60 and Cadillac CT4
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by oftech
3/13 in the evening
Didn't look too closely at EA but I saw several full size trucks, Ram 1500 and F150, a couple of Pacificas, as well as a Corolla

Exec was about 2/3s full spread across their spaces. Several Charger V6s, Malibus, F150s and Ram 1500s, a few CX-5s with at least one turbo, Explorer XLT and a few other Kia/Hyundai SUVs. Notables included a 430i convertible (tempting but not when it's 20 out), Challenger R/T, Mini Countryman S, Miata, Pathfinder Platinum, Cadillac XT5, Honda Ridgeline, and a GMC Sierra 1500 that had a ton of options and dark wheels.

Upgrade had a Volvo S60 and Cadillac CT4
The upgrades always make me chuckle. A roll of the dice for either of those to be in regular exec. I've rented an S60 before out of exec and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I could find it 😁That, the Giulia, and A6 have built in nav which is great up in the mountains I often have to drive to.
oftech likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Picked up 3/15 early evening.

Exec had about 30 vehicles -- mostly SUVS with a smattering of sedans and pickups. Audi A3, Dodge Durango, Toyota Tacoma, Dodge RAM, Dodge Challengers in multiple colors, 1 Pacifica, Honda Pilot, Jeep Gladiator.

The National agent steered me hard toward the Challenger -- "You should check out the HEMI in that car, really fun to drive". So, I took it and after a day brought it back for a sawp (for an Audi Q5) -- I found it obnoxiously loud and the handling was rough. Was it fun to burn rubber by putting the pedal to the floor? Sure -- but I prefer a more refined ride. Hopefully somebody else was psyched to take this off the aisle this morning.

Old Jul 9, 2023, 7:36 pm

Rented 7/9/23 around 4 PM. Executive was chock-full of SUVs this afternoon. Toyota Highlanders and RAV4s, Hyundai Tuscons and Santa Fes, Nissan Rogues, VW Atlas, couple of Jeeps, Chevy Traverse, etc. I think the only sedans I saw were a Camry and an A3.

I took a 2023 Highlander XLE AWD with 6500 miles.
oftech likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.