Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at CVG

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 4:39 am

Pretty decent selection at 7am on a Monday. Lot was packed full. Don't know if it's new since January, but I discovered a third aisle of Executive vehicles - somewhat poorly marked near the exit.

EA - run of the mill - saw several Rogues and Mazdas.
ES a little more interesting:

2x Altimas (one brand new with temporary license plate)
2x Fusion Hybrid
1 Sonata
1 Impala (new style)
1 Mustang hard top
1 Challenger
1 Charger
5x assorted Jeep Cherokee/Compass
1 Ford Flex (fully loaded)
1 Traverse
2x Santa Fe
1 Journey
4x assorted minivans

Wanted to try out one of the Fusions, but I needed more trunk space so I grabbed the Flex.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
CVG Aug 13 2017 - 1pm

Returned a one-way Tahoe here. Took a quick browse...EA and ES were PACKED! Trucks, Vans, SUVs, Sedans, Coupes. Anything imaginable was there. I remember a Kia Sorrento because I thought I saw a Macan .

I did see a Suburban because I was trying to get that at BNA and settled for a Tahoe.

I did for sure see an X5, but not sure where it was placed.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Lucked out this last weekend and got a brand new Infiniti QX50 from the executive aisle with 180 miles on it. Think it was misplaced as there was a slight hold up at checkout since they kept asking for the premium tag.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:37 am

Any recent experience? I'm picking up Thursday night and hoping for SUV or minivan

Last edited by MJLMOMMY2006; Apr 16, 2018 at 8:38 am Reason: change
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:47 am

Picked up Thursday evening 4/19 @ 9:30 and there was a pretty good selection

EA
Small SUVs
Minivans
Fullsize pickups
Midsize and Full size cars

ES
Suburban (which we took)
Explorer
Challenger
other small SUVs
Old May 18, 2018, 9:40 am

Regular EA (not an Exec holder). Picked up on Saturday 4/28/18 at 9:30pm. Lots of Dodge Caravans, Mid-size SUV's and full size pickups of many differing makes. Could only find 2 sedans, Nissan Sentra and Ford Fusion. Was hoping to find a Camry, but opted for a Nissan Rogue with 2k on it. Returned on Wednesday morning to a very empty lot, more vans and mid-size SUV's from what I could see.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Picked up here today. Selection in the executive section was not very good. Only thing notable would be a bright orange Challenger which I passed on. Otherwise a blah Mitsubishi crossover, high mileage Pathfinder and Fusion, and some smaller compact/economy vehicles. Ended up taking a basic Altima with about 6000 miles. An F-150 was parked there as I was driving to the exit, I briefly considered switching but decided against it.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:46 pm

Picked up a car here back in April. Arrived late at night (past 10pm). Lot has several passenger vans - like vans used for carpooling, a sole Ford Explorer and a base Infiniti Q70 coupe. I ended up with the Infiniti. Decent pep for a V6 but not even have Carplay.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Picked up around 2PM today

EA was very average

ES had....
1 Ford Mustang convertible
1 Chevy Camaro Hardtop
1 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1 Jeep Wrangler (500 miles on it) (took this one)
1 Ford Ranger
1 Chevy Blazer (2 miles on it)
2 Kia minivans
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Had to rent with National at CVG today because Hertz was sold out. I'm only a general EA with National but the lot was bare. The general EA side of the lot only had 2 cars parked in it, both generic sedans with one having a large gash/scratch in the rear bumper and the other had high millage with a bad oder inside. I flagged down a lot worker and asked if there was anything else for EA members and she told me I could also pick anything out of ES if I wanted to due to the limited selection. ES had a few more selections but it was pretty limited to either a Highlander, Equinox, Ram 1500, or Silverado. I went with the Silverado which has 9K miles on it.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Had to rent with National at CVG today because Hertz was sold out. I'm only a general EA with National but the lot was bare. The general EA side of the lot only had 2 cars parked in it, both generic sedans with one having a large gash/scratch in the rear bumper and the other had high millage with a bad oder inside. I flagged down a lot worker and asked if there was anything else for EA members and she told me I could also pick anything out of ES if I wanted to due to the limited selection. ES had a few more selections but it was pretty limited to either a Highlander, Equinox, Ram 1500, or Silverado. I went with the Silverado which has 9K miles on it.
I was in Ohio, specifically CVG and CMH a couple weeks ago, I didn't rent from the airport on that trip, but in general in both cities and airports things still seemed very dead. I'm not really sure what it's like normally but they seemed like ghost towns to me. I'm guessing their business is still way down.
Auto Enthusiast and MCO Flyer like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
I was in Ohio, specifically CVG and CMH a couple weeks ago, I didn't rent from the airport on that trip, but in general in both cities and airports things still seemed very dead. I'm not really sure what it's like normally but they seemed like ghost towns to me. I'm guessing their business is still way down.
Yeah it was dead. Not sure why Hertz was sold out but I guess the rental-car shortage is affecting them as they probably are sending cars down to leisure destinations due to low business demand.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Yeah it was dead. Not sure why Hertz was sold out but I guess the rental-car shortage is affecting them as they probably are sending cars down to leisure destinations due to low business demand.
I ran into the same issue when I was there. Everything was sold out at the airport including National. Ended up
having to rent from an Avis downtown location. Let’s just say that was an interesting experience.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:12 pm

Rented 8/6/21. Executive had a couple Chargers, a couple Camrys, an Altima, some minivans, and a Chrysler 300S (which I took). Regular EA had a mini Cooper, which I almost took instead. Premium upgrades included a BMW 3er, Infiniti sedan, and Cadillac SUV.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: HH Dia, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Rental car area

Haven’t been to CVG in ages. Is the rental car garage a close by walk or is there a shuttle bus to an off site area? The latter takes more time, especially on return, and impacts my decision to rent vs. cab/Uber.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.