Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OAK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by Blaga
Finally got around to uploading my photos, granted this was at 6am

Is there an Executive Selection aisle at OAK, in addition to an Emerald Club Aisle? Does an Executive Elite get to select any vehicle from "Premier Selection" if one has a full-size or higher (premium car) reservation and there are no (few) vehicles in EA/ES aisle?
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by arfaczar; Mar 14, 2022 at 6:25 pm
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: National Emerald Club/AAdvantage/Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by arfaczar
Is there an Executive Selection aisle at OAK, in addition to an Emerald Club Aisle? Does an Executive Elite get to select any vehicle from "Premier Selection" if one has a full-size or higher (premium car) reservation and there are no (few) vehicles in EA/ES aisle?
the second photo shows the Executive aisle…sign is above the cars
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Rented Monday Apr 4 around noon.
Had a full size elite reservation and was offered a Tesla Model S 75D, though a bit beat up.

They couldn't find the keys and I didn't feel like waiting around so given a Mercedes C300 at the regular full size rate. Exec had a couple pickups, Challenger, and SUVs
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:36 am

Aug 11 11pm
1x a3, 1x a5, bunch of q5 and glc in the premier selection (i thought they were part of executive aisle but the booth agent has keys to all of them)
ES has 1 Malibu, 1x subaru legacy 1x RAM 1500 classic

asked if they have any electric cars and was told they don't have any
Ordpc likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Morning of 11/21
EA
1 x corolla
1 x fusion (used with carmax sticker on trunk)

ES
2 x pacifica ( 1 x limited gas and 1 x touring L hybrid)
1 x grand cherokee (previous gen)
2 x altima
1 x camry
1 x A4
1 x A5

Premier Selection and reserved
Multiple GLC300
Multiple A3
1 Range Rover sport

Was looking for something with adaptive cruise control and one of the A3 caught my eye as it's looked loaded compared to others.
Asked agent about it and was given the key to that A3, the agent did ask why I didn't want the "nicer" A4/5 though.
It really is loaded with digital gauge cluster, sunroof, B & O sound, adaptive cruise control, and black optics package with 1500 miles on the clock.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
After hours return at OAK

Do the shuttle buses still operate 24/7 to/from the terminals? Anyone with recent experience on this? Don't want to be stuck at the rental car center at 4am.
Old May 6, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Swung by May 5 around 2pm to see if there was anything worth switching my current rental too.

Sparse, but great choices
Audi A4
2xAudi A5
2xAudi Q7
Audi A6
BMW X3
Alfa Giulia
A couple trucks
Ford Escape Titanium
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Any experience getting EE dropoff at the JSX FBO at OAK?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:56 am

Oct 2 10pm
1x wagoneer L
1x nissan frontier
Pick your SUV, minivan
Premier has x5, q5

When I exited the gate the agent told me to not get gas in Oakland and not leave anything in the car. I heard the second part many times but the don't get gas in Oakland is a first. They said there has been multiple customers that got smash-and-grab at gas stations.....
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:05 am

Anyone have experience on weekend late hours? The website shows they close at 10:30pm, unlike midnight on weekdays. Have a flight landing 11:02pm and not sure if they shut the gate at 10:30pm sharp.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by hourglass
Anyone have experience on weekend late hours? The website shows they close at 10:30pm, unlike midnight on weekdays. Have a flight landing 11:02pm and not sure if they shut the gate at 10:30pm sharp.
the flight ended up getting delayed and got to the rental car center at 00:30. Not sure if they are open at 11pm but sure is closed at 12:30AM /s
The shuttle bus driver also warned me of it when I boarded the bus but the lyft was cheaper out of rental car center and I wasn't in a hurry so ended up taking the bus ride before calling a lyft
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:20 pm

went on 2/16 around 3pm. context is that it's the Friday of a holiday weekend, so the lot was kinda empty. Looked through the ES and saw the normal Altimas/Camrys. ES also had 2 RAM 2500s, one of which had 46 miles on it, and 2 2023 Tundras. There was also an Audi A4 and a Volve V60. V60 had an electrical malfunction so I took A4. Was looking for an SUV with AWD but they were lacking. As I was leaving, I saw they had brought out a RAV4 Adventure trim, which I was sad I missed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.