Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at OAK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:49 pm
JCN

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec
I rent from OAK at least once or twice a month. The selection varies dramatically. I've been blessed with Ford Explorers and (just two weeks ago) an Infiniti QX50 in the exec aisle.

At all times you can find a few camrys and dodge chargers/challengers. Anything else is a crap shoot.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:30 am

Recent Alamo Experience at OAK

Usually rent from National, but Alamo was 1/3 the price. Reserved a mid-size and given a hard sell to a full-size or suv. I declined and Alamo basically had no cars and the Emerald Aisle had a Transit Connect and a Cruze. There wasn't a midsize anywhere to be seen in the Alamo area. Was offered the choice of a Rogue or a Malibu. Took the Malibu with Utah plates with licensee written on all the barcodes and key chain. Buyer beware of upgrade offers at Oakland. There was not a single car in the Alamo section other than my Malibu, loads of Journeys and Santa Fes.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:21 pm

EA 8/28

This morning there was a Patriot, a Cruze, a Sonata and a Malibu.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Sipre Elite, Marriott Gold, Oneworld Sapphire
Any recent data points? booked a rental in May to Yosemite, wish I could get Ford Explorer or at least a SUV.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
OAK is great if you rent upper tiers.

Reserved a Luxury vehicle at OAK last week. Arrived around 15:00. They take care of Executive Elite customers there. The guy asked which one I wanted of three vehicles: A BMW 430 Conv, MB C300 Conv, and an Infinity Q60. Took the MB and was not sorry. After days in the 100's, I had a stay with highs in the low 80s. If you are traveling for leisure, check out the difference between Luxury and Premium or Full Size when you are making your reservation. Sometimes the Luxury is actually LESS and always it's, at the most, $10/day more.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:48 pm

EA/ES 10/5

Got to the lot at about 8:30pm this past Thursday. Decent selection but nothing special.

EA

Didn't pay a whole lot of attention, saw several midsizes of various makes and what looked like a Camry. There was a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 that I believe was there by mistake. I saw an agent moving it to the ES aisle as we were leaving.

ES

Silverado
2x Impala
Camry
300c (17k miles, fully loaded)
Several minivans

PS
3x XTS
A couple of larger SUVs, possibly Suburbans

Overall, I was pretty happy with the 300c. It's a large car, but handles fairly well for it's size. The balance and weight transfer were well engineered.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:45 am

Any recent reports from this location? Will be picking up on a Friday afternoon in the not too distant future.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
12/23 6:30pm
booked lux. Offered Q60. No Caddy and empty lot. QX60 was an additional $20 per day. No SUVs available. Greeter said I could take anything from Alamo but they has nothing in luxury.

ES had Impalas, 1 Challenger, Camry, nothing interesting

They had a Maserati Levante - asked for that but it was booked for an Enterprise Exotic reservation.
Old May 9, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM
First time ever renting at national. Was able to select a QX80 from the EA! Sweet ride, I’ll be back!
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:13 pm

Picked up around 9pm on Friday, 11/1. Both aisles were nearly empty, and were stocked almost entirely with midsize sedans (Altimas, Camrys, etc.). A couple of the Altimas did have leather at least. I told the lot attendant I had a Premium reservation (was same price as fullsize) and after looking around for a bit he gave me a loaded Lincoln Continental with around 14K. I would never want one as my daily driver, but it was fun for a weekend (and actually had a moonroof!).

When I returned around 4pm on Sunday, 11/3, the aisles were much fuller but nothing too exciting. On ES, I spotted fullsize pickups, minivans, Chargers, midsize SUVs (RAV4, Escape, Equinox, etc.), a Challenger, miscellaneous midsize sedans, etc.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by juhlee
Picked up around 9pm on Friday, 11/1. Both aisles were nearly empty, and were stocked almost entirely with midsize sedans (Altimas, Camrys, etc.). A couple of the Altimas did have leather at least. I told the lot attendant I had a Premium reservation (was same price as fullsize) and after looking around for a bit he gave me a loaded Lincoln Continental with around 14K. I would never want one as my daily driver, but it was fun for a weekend (and actually had a moonroof!).

When I returned around 4pm on Sunday, 11/3, the aisles were much fuller but nothing too exciting. On ES, I spotted fullsize pickups, minivans, Chargers, midsize SUVs (RAV4, Escape, Equinox, etc.), a Challenger, miscellaneous midsize sedans, etc.
I rented a Continental last year in LGB. It is without a doubt the most comfortable car I have ever sat in. It really changed my mind about Lincoln.

-J.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I rented a Continental last year in LGB. It is without a doubt the most comfortable car I have ever sat in. It really changed my mind about Lincoln.

-J.
Agreed on comfort! Great for long road trips.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:33 am

Was there on 12/24 and both aisles were totally full... of terrible and uninspiring cars. Mostly Altimas, Malibus and the like - no SUVs of any size. I think there was a small pickup at the end of the row.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:59 pm

Arrived to the rental car facility in Oakland at around 5pm on 12/28. We had 2 reservations for 11 people and their luggage. I was livid upon seeing only trucks in the aisle. Had to ask the attendants if anything else was available and nothing was. Even checked Avis and Hertz and both were pretty much empty. Ended up taking 2 full size trucks with crew cabs to get us all in with luggage in rear. Luckily the rain had subsided and we made it work.

I have never seen a car rental facility at the airport that empty in my life.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Have a trip here end of the month, anyone been here lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.