Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Free Days and Returning Early?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Using Free Days and Returning Early?

Question,

I'm looking at a 4 day rental where I would use 4 free day coupons (regular ones, not 1-2-free). What would happen if say I brought the car back after 3 days, is the unused credit just returned into my account?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 2:38 pm

Location: A place where I have just enough status to want more, but can't afford it!
Programs: National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Nope, my guess is that National will not return the 4th free day credit automatically. You may be able to call reservations and tell them you want to return your car one day early, can they adjust the reservation and give you credit. But once the car is checked out, it's in their hands.

My preference would be just book a 3 day rental, then if you need a 4th day, call reservations and ask if you can add one more day. I've been able to extend my rentals using free days from my account. Worse comes to worse, book another car for one day 24 hours in advance and you're gaurenteed to get a car. Good luck.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:44 am

Can you actually use 4 in one rental? For some reason, I thought the limit was 3...
Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by jakesmama
Can you actually use 4 in one rental? For some reason, I thought the limit was 3...
The limit is 3 for 1-2-Free/Rent Rent Reward coupons, as there's only 3 coupon slots on the booking page. Regular Emerald Club days can be combined up to 7 iirc. The 3+1 trick wouldn't work as we'll be out on the road at the time we'd have to extend. It's a lot more likely to be a 4 day rental than a 3 so I'm probably just going to leave it at that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.