Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO vs. OAK for ES

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:19 am
Original Poster

SFO vs. OAK for ES

I will be renting for a week during the xmas holiday this year. Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience between ES at OAK vs. SFO?

I read the thread on SFO rental selections, and it seems like that will be impalas and if lucky a prius, anyone have experience with OAK?

The BART is only a 30 min ride and is under 10 bucks (at least as I understand it). So for a week having a decent car is worth the extra hassle.

Last edited by freqtrav53; Dec 7, 2008 at 9:31 am
Old Dec 7, 2008, 1:05 pm

I flew into OAK on Wednesday morning. There was VERY limited availability. OAK is a small location; there was only one car in EA (Impala) and nothing in ES.

When I flew out this morning (Sun AM) there was a G6 as the lone EA car and four vehicles in ES (Impala, 2 Malibu, one Grand Prix.)

I ended up renting with a competitor for the same price and drove a small Jeep for the weekend. The Impala was just too big for the small SF streets!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:18 pm

OAK is unusual in that National, Alamo and Enterprise all share one set of cars.

Last time I was there it Seemed like all non-executive National and all Alamo customers got to pick off of the EA.

Enterprise customers got the leftovers that (at other airports) go to Alamo and non-status National customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.