Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Cars at MSY Emerald / Exec (New Orleans Airport)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MSY Emerald / Exec (New Orleans Airport)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Arrived on Dec 24, 2018. There were lots of choices when I got there in the Emerald Aisle.

The attendant said we could take anything in general on the lot with our intermediate rental, as long as it wasn't obviously a luxury type upgrade.

Drove away with a gray Dodge Challenger (2,026 miles)... and only because someone took the orange one moments sooner. The dodge challenger wasn't in the emerald aisle but they had no issues with us taking it.

10/10 recommend this location if you like choosing.

Emerald Aisle:
Ford Focus
Chevy Malibu
Dodge Ram pickup
Nissan Titan pickup
Bright Orange Dodge Challenger
Dodge Journey x2

Other Cars:
Chevy Impala
Joonydell likes this.

Last edited by SoroSuub1; Jan 2, 2019 at 12:49 pm
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:33 am

Recent New Orleans Emerald Aisle

Was there at the end of July, the selection was HORRIBLE!!!! I should have booked dual with Hertz. They had on large Ram pickup truck, a Nissan pickup truck, a large Chevy pickup truck, and that was it. Never have I seen such a poor or so few vehicle selection. I asked the attendant if that was it, and he responded, "yes, it is all about the trucks" -- well I hate to break it to him, but NO IT IS NOT, I needed an SUV or a car for my purpose. We took the Nissan Frontier, it was a pain to continually move the luggage from the truck bed to the back seat every time we stopped. Truck ran fine and was comfortable but was NOT what we needed or wanted. National will not be getting my business next time, or I will have to start dual booking...
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Picked up a car here on 10/29. Vast improvement since the last time I visited.

Executive was pretty much you name it, they had it. Probably 30+ cars to choose from. Charger, Altima, Ford Edge, Jeep Compass, Minivans, Durango, Camry. Took a new Compass Trailhawk.

Emerald still had very few cars. Mainly Elantra and Altima from what I saw.

Mid-size had a 4Runner there for some reason.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
12/6/19
With the new terminal opened, you have to take a bus to the rental garage that was previously walkable from the discontinued terminal. Is a real PIA!

Was not a whole lot to choose from. Only three SUV (Mitsubishi, Toyota RAV4 and an Infiniti QX60) available in the executive aisle. The QX60 was parked under the Upgrade sign on the EA. My wife has Executive status. Could we have chose the QX60 without having to pay for the upgrade? Ended up taking the RAV4. Was tight in the backseat with two rear facing car seats.

Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:15 pm

Stopped by Friday, 12/13 around 6:30pm while picking up from Hertz. I noticed a Ford Flex and a GMC Acadia SLT not much else notable. There was a Volvo SUV, Audi Q3, and 12-pax van parked in Executive near the booth, but the Volvo was locked (I didnt try the others) so I think those cars were upgrade only.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by juhlee
Stopped by Friday, 12/13 around 6:30pm while picking up from Hertz. I noticed a Ford Flex and a GMC Acadia SLT not much else notable. There was a Volvo SUV, Audi Q3, and 12-pax van parked in Executive near the booth, but the Volvo was locked (I didnt try the others) so I think those cars were upgrade only.
If it was a White Limited Ford Flex then my team picked it up Sunday night. Interesting car for sure.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Landed late Sunday night and the lot was almost completely bare. One SUV in Emerald aisle (2020 RAV4) and a few mid-size sedans in the Executive aisle. I took a Nissan Altima as it was the only vehicle with leather among a few Malibus, Elantras and some lower trim Altimas
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Bumping this thread. Recently grabbed a Lincoln Nautilus. I think the agent in the aisle felt bad at the lack of selection and let me take it for no upgrade charge.

Old Jun 12, 2020, 12:03 pm

Anybody rented from MSY recently? Have a reservation next week and hoping to get an idea of what to expect in the EA.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Pickup around 3:00 PM on Nov. 7

About 10 cars total, so not much.
Basically shown above plus another Jeep SUV, Malibu, and a Charger with no HEMI
Had a lone 330i in the Premium Upgrades that I got to take for no extra cost.
Must be because this makes it my 85th rental day :P
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 1:38 pm

Got there around 11:30am on Thursday December 10th.

More cars than my last visit but still pretty light.

Emerald had a Rav4, Kia Forte, Altima, Malibu, Compass
Executive had Journeys, Caravans, Malibu, Altima, Compass, and a Mazda CX5. A Grand Cherokee was brought up while I was looking around and I took that.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
Mid-April 2021, Wednesday around noon:

Emerald: 3 or so vehicles, I only remember a light blue Kona.

Executive had ~10 vehicles, of which I remember 2 Malibus, 1 Camry SE, a couple of Grand Cherokees (1 Limited, 1 Trailhawk), a couple of mid-trim Highlanders. There were a few more SUVs I didn't look at that closely.

I took the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Funny enough, it just had "TAG APPLIED FOR" on the back. ~3000 miles, and overall I liked it; gas mileage was OK but not great. High ground clearance excellent for some really crappy roads in MS.

Returned on Friday, nothing (later 1 vehicle) in Executive, long lines both inside and at the Enterprise booth.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:24 pm

Got there around 3:30pm on Tuesday June 2nd. Pretty light, not surprising at the moment.

Executive was pick your color Nissan Rogue, couple Altimas, a Grand Cherokee, Mazda CX5 and a Challenger, which I took. The Challenger was fun but someone had clearly used some newly legalized substances in it. I hate that this is becoming par for the course at some locations.

Emerald was empty. I don't recall seeing anything specific over there.
ChevyCruze and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Must have been my lucky day!

Cant brag enough about the staff! Amazing hospitality. As an EE, I reserved both a intermediate and full size SUV. Needed something large enough for four adults and three kids. The kiosk lady originally had a Ford Expedition brought up. After I thought about it, it wasnt going to fit our luggage AND stroller. Went back and asked if a suburban was feasible. She didnt blink an eye, made a call, and then went across the street to pull out a 2021 suburban with 17k miles. According to her today was the best inventory theyve had in weeks. And to top it off, the gate lady noticed I had multiple reservations and chose the cheapest reservation of the three. Fingers crossed it comes out correctly but needed every inch of space in the suburban with all our bags.

Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:19 pm

Picked up from MSY on Thursday afternoon (2/3). Executive had a couple Audi A3's, Audi Q5's (took this), Cadillac XT4, Nissan Titan, Dodge Challenger, Chrysler Pacifica, Nissan Pathfinder and a Mustang GT Convertible.

Emerald had your standard run of the mill sedans (Altima, Camry, etc.) a Jeep Cherokee and strangely a new Honda Ridgeline.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.