Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Cars at MSY Emerald / Exec (New Orleans Airport)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec

Recently picked up again from here. Lot was stocked with sedans, trucks, and SUVs.

Ended up taking the 2014 Suburban with 1,800 mi and DVD player. Will be good for the 800 mile drive in it.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
lsu,

Driving to TPA for the bowl game??
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:09 pm

I did! Back in BTR now with the W!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
I did! Back in BTR now with the W!
Congrats, must be nice to have a team that wins bowl games. My squad, Georgia Tech, not so much ...

How was the Suburban on gas?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:59 am

20 mpg with the cruise on 73 and 17mpg with the cruise on 79.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Arrived morning of 2/18. ES had every large vehicle known to man - Huge SUVs, full size pickups, minivans. Probably 30 vehicles total. EA had a couple Nissan Cubes but nothing worth driving. Headed to the quarter so didn't want anything huge (though, where is this selection when I fly the family into Tampa or Orlando?). After some prodding, the zone agent called down for some sedans, and I rolled out in a brand new (4 miles) stripper Altima S. It's fine...but basic...but better than a Tahoe for this trip's purposes.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:35 am

NBA All-Star Game just ended, so I'm sure they loaded down the lot with large SUV's for the media crews, etc. that would need them. I bring my truck down to the quarter rather frequently. No issues parking in any of the garages, surface lots, or valet. Street parking would be the issue with a larger SUV or Truck.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Terrible day for both the ES and the Aisle at about 3:00 PM. I was holding a PCAR reservation.

ES had one Chrysler 300 (not C), a Camaro (SSAR), Challenger (SSAR - one of the poorly equipped, slow V-6s with nothing more than an AM/FM/CD player), and a Lacrosse.

Aisle had a Camaro, also an SSAR.

Seas of minivans.

The agents were unwilling to budge at all on posted prices for the Premium Selection. $75 for Navigator, BMW, $50 for Lincoln MKX, etc. My experience at other locations is they will knock down the upcharge a bit for Executives/Executive Elites.

I drove off in a Camaro.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I am trying to book a luxury car at MSY but they don't appear to even give the option. They don't have them? Only sell as a special upsell?

I am trying to grab one one-way (with free days) but even when I dummy book as a round trip it won't give the option.

I booked a PCAR to set my chances as high as possible.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: Emerald Club
dmodemd,
I've been to MSY twice in the last few months, and it seems the only way to get into a luxury car is to pay the upcharge. Tha last time I was there, they had a Camaro SS, a BMW X5, and a Cadillac ATS (I think) available for $50/day extra. I have seen Buick Lucerne's in the ES, if that is luxury enough for you.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
For whatever reason this location always seems to have the largest vehicles of any station I frequent. Including a ton of full-size pickups and minivans. Picked up yesterday, and there was even a Suburban on the ES. I grabbed a GMC Acadia with leather and 11k on the clock.

Since many of the renters at this location are probably headed to the narrow streets of the French Quarter, it's always surprising to me that there are so many huge vehicles on the lot. Get these large vehicles over to FL for all the vacationing families flying in
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:43 pm

For whatever reason this location always seems to have the largest vehicles of any station I frequent. Including a ton of full-size pickups and minivans. Picked up yesterday, and there was even a Suburban on the ES. I grabbed a GMC Acadia with leather and 11k on the clock.
for every tourist or convention-goer going to the Quarter or CBD, there's 2 or 3 needing them for the film industry or O&G.

You also really don't want a car on New Orleans roads...SUV handles them much better.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
Picked up from here yesterday, Thursday night at around 11:30 PM.

EA and ES were both well stocked.

Among other I saw at least 1 of each of the following:

- Toyota Tundra
- Silverado
- Several Dodge ram trucks, 1 was a 4x4 some were hemi/ big horn
- Ford F150
- Ford explorer with leather
- Chrysler 300
- Chrysler 200
- Ford Fusion
- Pathfinder
- Camry
- Nissan Frontier
- Malibu LTZ
- Challenger 2015
- Camaro
- Charger 2015
- Several other cars/ smaller SUV's

- 2015 Impala LTZ 9000mi and Illinois plates
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:25 am

4 October 2015, Sunday : 1530

2 x Equinox
1 x Town & Country
1 x Impala 2LT - ('16 : White, 581 mi., LA plates)
3 x Traverse
1 x Fusion
3 x Journey
1 x Cherokee
1 x Grand Cherokee
1 x Patriot
1 x Terrain
1 x Santa Fe
1 x Tucson
1 x Sorento

...sticker on checkout booth advertising SiriusXM - no upsell from attendant.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:16 pm

Picked up this morning at 8:30 am. Lot practically bare.

EA
1 x Jeep Laredo
1 x Chevy Equinox
1 x VW Jetta

ES
1 x Dodge Ram
1 x Dodge Challenger
1 x Town & Country
1 x Chevy Malibu Ltz
1 x Toyota Highlander
2 x Hyundai Tucson's
1 x Jeep Cherokee
1 x Kia Sorento

PS

1 x Infiniti QX70

Manager brought a 2015 Expedition XLT EL Ecoboost after asking if any large Suv's were available. ^

Unfortunately it was lacking some features. No power folding seats, power recline, navigation, memory seat settings and small touchscreen. 24,000 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.