Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YVR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:33 pm

7:30 pm Friday night before long weekend

Every stall in both Emerald and executive was populated with a vehicle

Too many vehicles for a full inventory, but there was a Volvo xc40, Buick enclave, a few Benz, bunch of Cadillacs including SUV in premier selection

I took the one Kia carnival minivan on the lot in the exec aisle and cancelled my backup minivan reservation and saved 90 bucks in the process
huskyflyer likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by crimsona

Too many vehicles for a full inventory, but there was a Volvo xc40, Buick enclave, a few Benz, bunch of Cadillacs including SUV in premier selection

I took the one Kia carnival minivan on the lot in the exec aisle and cancelled my backup minivan reservation and saved 90 bucks in the process
I picked up yesterday around 345pm.. and there was quite the mix at that time as well. There was even a Cadillac CT on the Emerald side.

Ron.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 5:58 pm

I wish I ended up making a reservation yesterday. I thought the selection would be only Malibus before a long weekend and now I regret it. Glad to see the, putting the XC40 on ES - last time I was there the XC40s were parked on the Enterprise side. Did you see any Caddy SUVs on ES? I am glad that CT5s are now more consistently put on ES as the last few times I was there they were PS cars
frankliu likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by huskyflyer
I wish I ended up making a reservation yesterday. I thought the selection would be only Malibus before a long weekend and now I regret it. Glad to see the, putting the XC40 on ES - last time I was there the XC40s were parked on the Enterprise side. Did you see any Caddy SUVs on ES? I am glad that CT5s are now more consistently put on ES as the last few times I was there they were PS cars
I think I only saw a Buick enclave, but I wasn't really paying attention as I was dead set on the minivan

My Kia carnival was a low end trim LX+ with 11k km on odometer with no adaptive cruise control and no sunroof and has cloth seats, but does have lane keep assist and wireless Android auto (higher trims with the other interface are wired only I think)

TBD fuel efficiency
frankliu likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 6:45 pm

I think I only saw a Buick enclave, but I wasn't really paying attention as I was dead set on the minivan

My Kia carnival was a low end trim LX+ with 11k km on odometer with no adaptive cruise control and no sunroof and has cloth seats, but does have lane keep assist and wireless Android auto (higher trims with the other interface are wired only I think)

TBD fuel efficiency
Drove the Kia carnival 940 km, filled up 82.2 liters, for 8.74 l per 100 km, although the car measured at 8.6l per 100 km

Upon return only 1 car in each aisle, Kia seltos in Emerald and Ford Edge in exec. 5 pm Monday afternoon

frankliu and huskyflyer like this.

Last edited by crimsona; Oct 2, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Old Oct 2, 2023, 8:25 pm

Drove the Kia carnival 940 km, filled up 82.2 liters, for 8.74 l per 100 km, although the car measured at 8.6l per 100 km

Upon return only 1 car in each aisle, Kia seltos in Emerald and Ford Edge in exec. 5 pm Monday afternoon

Wow I am surprised ES is so empty on the Monday of a long weekend. Would have expected ES to be filled with returns. Just curious because I have never driven a miivan before but was there a reason why you targeted the minivan over the Enclave (that I think is 7 seater too)? I have considered trying the Enclave next time I see on ES because it looks so comfortable.

That's really fuel efficient for a van - did you feel it was underpowered?
frankliu likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by huskyflyer
Wow I am surprised ES is so empty on the Monday of a long weekend. Would have expected ES to be filled with returns. Just curious because I have never driven a miivan before but was there a reason why you targeted the minivan over the Enclave (that I think is 7 seater too)? I have considered trying the Enclave next time I see on ES because it looks so comfortable.

That's really fuel efficient for a van - did you feel it was underpowered?
Border wait times were minimal, perhaps we came back earlier than everybody else. There were quite a few cars in the return lanes including a few Chrysler minivans along with other SUV

Traveled with a couple of seniors, from prior experience minivans are easier to get in and out of due to the lower side height and the sliding doors allowing easier entry (larger opening, no issues in crowded parking lots since we don't need to open the door wide on an SUV)

Was traveling mostly on smaller highways with one to two lanes each way so they were mostly 60 MPH speed limits anyways so the power thing wasn't really an issue for the most part

There's also substantial amount of luggage space despite using all 3 rows, which is not always the case with 7 passenger SUV (although I didn't check the dimensions of the enclave if it had 3 rows)
Old Oct 7, 2023, 2:53 pm

Friday Oct 6 before the Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend at around 8PM

EA: Malibus

ES: Maxima (but someone with an Enterprise reservation ended up taking this car after someone from Enterprise took the car keys out of the car and gave it to an Enterprise customer), A3, Edge, Wrangler, Camry , CT5

PS: VOlvo XC40(same model on ES last week from crimsona 's post - lol looks like they move cars between PS/ES pretty often), CT5, A4 (Alberta Plate).

As I pulled out right as the gate booth took my DL and credit card, I noticed a XT5 that got parked into ES.

PS (The CT5 on ES had almost the same plates so I am guessing they were registered right after each other)

ES on the left, EA on the right. The Maxima was given to Enterprise.
(I may have otherwise seriously considered taking the XT5 to try a Caddy SUV since I have driven the CTs before. However, I am loving the CT (and sedans in general)
jizen and frankliu like this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 7:14 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Saturday Oct 7 @ 930. Executive has a couple CT5s, a Buick SUV and a Corolla (?) which someone took. I was getting a full sized SUV. Was first offered an Armada but requested a Tahoe (saw a red RST go out as I arrived) but was given a white LT from the Enterprise side.

1/2 the people I meet think I am RCMP.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 12:37 pm

Saturday Oct 7 at around 9pm

Not sure what happened - bunch of pick up trucks suddenly on ES and EA (and they all looked pretty basic). Not sure why they even have this many pick up trucks in their fleet.

ES: Ford Escape, lots of pick up trucks, Chrysler 300, Mustang

EA: Pick up trucks and not much else

PS: XT5

The Ford pick up closest to me is EA and the other side is ES. Not really much cars yesterday on ES beyond some pickups and a Mustang

Returned this stunning car to them. I hope EHI buys more of these as the Chrysler 300 is phased out.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 5:39 pm

They have so many pickup trucks because they probably got a deal, and many customers are not specifically reserving them, let alone choosing them on the aisle,

It's not just National and not just YVR, or Canada. Budget at EWR had all their "manager's specials" the day I was there be pickup trucks, even for a one-way. Sure enough, they had quite a bit outside. F150s, Tacomas, and Frontiers.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I picked up Saturday at 2pm.. not much to choose from, Chrysler Pacifica on ES and a few assorted Kia models on EA and a Corolla Hybrid sedan that I took. I actually like the Corolla Hybrid for running around town doing errands.. has all the safety features - assisted cruise, lane keep, etc. and gets great gas mileage. I averaged 4.2l/100km.

Ron.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 5:28 pm

For those curious, it seems like they recently got some new Volvo cars that are really nice. This was a Volvo S60 that was just registered last month, and it is classed as GXAR (same as the BMW 3 Series). It was the mid-level Plus Dark Trim. It has Volvo's Pilot Assist (adaptive cruise control) and overall it had more tech than the German premium cars. I saw a Volvo XC40 with the same car plate registration series, suggesting they were probably bought and registered one after the other since in BC the car plates are sequential. I wonder if we will see more Volvos in the fleet in the future? I feel like over the last year, BMW has lost its dominance for the "Elite Car Class" in the Vancouver fleet.

The steering may feel a bit too light, especially in the car park at low speeds, for some drivers even in the firmest setting.

Volvo S60 Plus Dark Trim (the airport in the background is not YVR - it is the Boeing Factory)

Really nice looking at night
jizen likes this.

Last edited by huskyflyer; Oct 21, 2023 at 5:44 pm
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:40 pm

Friday Evening at around 730pm on Nov 3

Awesome selections!

ES: Mercedes A Class (someone took it right before me), Volvo XC 40 (I took), Caddy CT4, and two Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible! Other than these, were the usual Chrysler 300s, Malibus, Maximas and Camrys

EA: The usual Kia sedans, Kona, Malibu, a compact Buick SUV that looked really nice

PS: Mercedes A Class, Audi A4 and XT5.

As I was entering the lot, someone just pulled out with another XC40 that I think was from ES. I was going to take the CT4, but I wanted to try the Volvo and the Volvo was newer.

I think EHI Vancouver recently must have bought a bunch of Volvos while a few months ago it was Caddys. A few weeks ago, I got a S60

Volvo XC 40 B5 AWD on ES!

EA

ES - the Mustang at the end was a 5.0L GT version

ES

PS
jizen likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:10 pm

It was like Christmas! I have never seen ES being so good last Saturday afternoon. I was returning a car and I was so tempted to take out the app and book another ICAR for these cars

I noticed they have Volvo XC 60s now too. I think EHI recently bought a lot of cars from Volvos as they seem to be everywhere now. They also have the S60 and XC40.

ES:
Mustang GT Convertibles, BMW X3 , Audi A3, Audi Q3, Wranglers

EA: The usual Malibus, Konas, etc but there was a Buick Enclave (with leather interior)

PS: XC 60 , XC 40, CT 5 (not sure why anyone would use PS when you can get an X3 or Q3 on the aisle)

ES - Mustang GT, Q3, A3 (at the very end)

ES - Mustang GTs and an A3 at the end

ES X3 and an XT5 (yup - not PS!)

PS XC40, XC60 and a CT5

Returned this XC40 for a quick one day rental. This SUV handles really well despite its proportion and is a really decent car. I hope EHI gets more of these XC40s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.