Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Extremely Insanely Hot National Deal Rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Extremely Insanely Hot National Deal Rental

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:09 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
This rocks for 12Free. I take back anything I may have inferred earlier in the thread. Great find! Works every day of the week!!!!

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Oct 1, 2008 at 11:41 pm
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:57 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Certain Sunday-Tuesday rentals are not working. The solution is to rent Sun noon -Mon 11:30pm then 12am Monday - Tuesday noon.

Very nice!!!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I'm holding 39 Reservations until the end of the year for here and will place a few more for certain vacations like Vegas ! ^

It also works for Canada by the way ^
Old Oct 2, 2008, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Certain Sunday-Tuesday rentals are not working. The solution is to rent Sun noon -Mon 11:30pm then 12am Monday - Tuesday noon.

Very nice!!!
I had no issue with reserving certain times ! And in the end it shouldnt matter anyways, they will just adjust the contract and set the return time back.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 1:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Argh. I've tried a few combinations and I've managed to get the virtually $0.00 people have talked about. Only problem is I'm on a first name basis with the local reps here so I'm sure they'd catch this if I tried. That and I don't have a Visa card...
Old Oct 2, 2008, 1:34 am

Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

you can rent with visa but pay cash at the end and keep the special
Old Oct 2, 2008, 1:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

you can rent with visa but pay cash at the end and keep the special
Hell, this might even be worthwhile to go to the bank tomorrow and see about applying for a Visa. I was thinking perhaps I could rent from some other locations I don't deal with often so as to avoid problems and up my rental count for keeping Elite status. God I love this forum!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 2:12 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Hell, this might even be worthwhile to go to the bank tomorrow and see about applying for a Visa. I was thinking perhaps I could rent from some other locations I don't deal with often so as to avoid problems and up my rental count for keeping Elite status. God I love this forum!
This works for those of us who live on Long Island, like me. Rent in JFK and return to ISP, or rent at ISP and return to JFK. :-) 0.13 for 2 days.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by joelfreak
This works for those of us who live on Long Island, like me. Rent in JFK and return to ISP, or rent at ISP and return to JFK. :-) 0.13 for 2 days.
I wish I was back in Toronto with 30 locations in the area. Unfortunately here in Edmonton there's 3 locations, 2 of which know me like family. I wonder how this shows up in their system, maybe they just think it's an EC Free Day?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
I already picked up my first car without issue. I have a VISA card to show if push comes to shove. My advice about paying cash was aimed to a previous poster.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just logged 3 rentals for LAS as well... just in case
Old Oct 2, 2008, 7:38 am

I already picked up my first car without issue. I have a VISA card to show if push comes to shove. My advice about paying cash was aimed to a previous poster.
Where did you pick up from? Did you use Exec/Emerald Aisle? Trying to decide if I am going to keep my ressie for later today in SAN.

Duds
Old Oct 2, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
I'm probably a bit extreme with the backups, but this is what I have....

1) Reservation at TPA (Wed-Sun, Midsize), Visa Promo Code + Continental Code, booked with a Visa, (~$77).

2) Reservation at TPA (Wed-Sun, Midsize), AmEx Free Day Code + Continental Code, booked with an AmEx, my preferred CC, (~$105). This is reserved for ~ 1 hour after Res. #1, in case the first one doesn't pan out as the Wed. start date goes against the T&C of the Visa deal.

I can get the same Visa promo rate ($77) using my AmEx to book, but am hesitant to book 3 reservations for around the same time. If all goes well, I'll just pay with the AmEx at the end.

Thanks again OP!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 8:29 am

appears as though the partee may be over @ MCO

initially worked when i 1st priced it out a few mins ago...when i went back in to actually book it didn't fly

picking up on Sat 10/18 & priced out returning Sun/Mon/or Tues...will not accept the coupon

Your coupon cannot be applied to this reservation

Old Oct 2, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gov't, Choice Gold
Got nothing....tried the codes and it keeps saying 'Your coupon cannot be applied to this reservation"

Any ideas? Initial problem was trying to rent for 8 days, but tried looking for ORD Nov 26-Dec 1 which should be a legal booking. When I get to the rate breakdown page it does show a discount of $7.50. What that goes to, not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.