Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

[DEAL GONE] Extremely Insanely Hot National Deal Rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[DEAL GONE] Extremely Insanely Hot National Deal Rental

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:23 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Great find, thank you! ^

Saved me $40 off my best other 1 free w/e day deal at $102 a/i for a 4-day Thurs-Mon at MIA in Dec.

Scratch that - came to $89 a/i with EWEB. Where is that Rate Code from?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dstan
Great find, thank you! ^

Saved me $40 off my best other 1 free w/e day deal at $102 a/i for a 4-day Thurs-Mon at MIA in Dec.

Scratch that - came to $89 a/i with EWEB. Where is that Rate Code from?
EWEB is the standard rate code to give you additionally lower weekend rates. Doesn't work with all coupon codes however.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
$13.74 ( ^) for FLL from 22-24 December. Nice find!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Brought my rate next week (midweek) for 3 days at IND down from $152 to $97. Great pick up!!^
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:46 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Thanks to the OP, I just modified a ressie I have for a week in MCO later this month. It brought the AI total down from $176 to $155. ^

Thank you!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thanks to OP!

Brought a MSP 3 day weekend rental down from $155 to $85 (and from a SUV which was the cheapest to a midsize) and SW FLorida rental from $76 to $46.

Now, do I want a 3 day rental in SFO for the same price as a 1 day?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Is it possible to get banned from National for excessive coupon usage? There's a rumor floating around that they may not honor the price, charge you full price, then ban you?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:07 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
EWEB is the standard rate code to give you additionally lower weekend rates. Doesn't work with all coupon codes however.
Thanks, found it:

http://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?...ndRateSpecials
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dstan
Also, see my post here. I've worked out which other codes EWEB works with:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=33
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Thanks very, very, much OP. My $111 (Mid-size, TPA, Wed - Sun), which I was really happy with, dropped to $85. Thanks very much!!!

Edit: Went back and entered the CO code as the OP suggested and got it down to $80!

Last edited by soundgarden; Oct 1, 2008 at 1:41 pm
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
So I'm reading the T&C in Post #9 and noticed this..."Vehicle must not be picked up before weekend rates are available on Thursday; must not be returned before the immediately following Sunday".

Dumb question, but the codes worked perfectly well for my Wed. - Sun. reservation. Should I be worried? I'm still keeping my original reservation for $111 as a backup.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soundgarden
So I'm reading the T&C in Post #9 and noticed this..."Vehicle must not be picked up before weekend rates are available on Thursday; must not be returned before the immediately following Sunday".

Dumb question, but the codes worked perfectly well for my Wed. - Sun. reservation. Should I be worried? I'm still keeping my original reservation for $111 as a backup.
I'd say, keep your backup just in case.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Is it possible to get banned from National for excessive coupon usage? There's a rumor floating around that they may not honor the price, charge you full price, then ban you?
Well, it is a rate/coupon code that is published in tandem. Not as if we're stacking coupons.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

The deal was posted to slickdeals, so if you need to make a reservation, I suggest you hurry up and make one!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 4:38 pm

Programs: National Elite. that is all...
The deal was posted to slickdeals, so if you need to make a reservation, I suggest you hurry up and make one!
i aws coming in here to say just that hahaha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.