Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DEN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
I can agree with the management at DEN being one of the best; maybe THE best in my experience. When I had a customer in Fort Collins years back I can recall grabbing BMW 430’s, a Range Rover Sport, and large SUV’s with no issues. Hope I can get back out to DEN soon.
DEN management is great, the only place I've had that's better is at MSY, and that's because I was flying in every week for 9 months and was on a first name basis with the guy in the booth.
Brandinho1, btonkid12345 and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:08 am

delete
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Technically, if it parked in Executive, it is fair game for an aisle reservation with the appropriate status though? I wouldn’t have backed up.

Also, the management at DEN is one of the best, usually offering EEs Premier Selection cars without an up charge. So disappointed to hear this; when was this?
Last month (admittedly it was forecast to snow the following two days) at DEN I arrived to find almost a dozen Mustangs (some convertibles), an SUV with the hood up (flat tire), and a couple of Camrys. I asked at the booth if more cars were coming up. He asked if I was EE and said well I have this BMW I could offer you. I said great. He asked for my details, then said "Sorry, not on this rate." I have a corporate for personal use code that gets me aisle for about $32 a day.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:13 pm

Any recent updates from DEN? Heading out middle of next month, know it’s kinda the tail end of ski season and the beginning of the summer season. Just trying to figure out what to expect. TIA!
Old May 8, 2021, 2:06 am

The executive lot was about half full Friday night but there were lots of good choices. Noteworthy cars:

Ford F-250 King Ranch (first I've seen on a National lot)
Volvo S60 T6
Ford Expedition Max
Jeep Wrangler
GMC Yukon (2021)
Mazda CX-5
Toyota Highlander
And about a dozen Chrysler Pacificas, some of them fully loaded '21 models.
Old May 10, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by m907
The executive lot was about half full Friday night but there were lots of good choices. Noteworthy cars:

Volvo S60 T6
Ford Expedition Max
Jeep Wrangler
GMC Yukon (2021)
Mazda CX-5
Toyota Highlander
This is very surprising. Only thing I've seen that even came close to this was a 2020 F150 Platinum I picked up at DAL pre-Covid.
Old May 10, 2021, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
This is very surprising. Only thing I've seen that even came close to this was a 2020 F150 Platinum I picked up at DAL pre-Covid.
I had an F250 from the aisle in DEN back in March of 2019 during that crazy "Bomb Cyclone". I can't remember if it was the KR trim. I remember that I was annoyed when I took it, because I didn't need anything that humongous to drive around for 2 days - but I sure did appreciate it when that thing managed to get me to a hotel, and later to the airport through 80mph winds and snow blowing sideways. As I recall, there were over 1500 flights canceled that day. I was delayed about 24 hours getting home - but I never got stuck in the snow!
Old May 10, 2021, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I had an F250 from the aisle in DEN back in March of 2019 during that crazy "Bomb Cyclone". I can't remember if it was the KR trim. I remember that I was annoyed when I took it, because I didn't need anything that humongous to drive around for 2 days - but I sure did appreciate it when that thing managed to get me to a hotel, and later to the airport through 80mph winds and snow blowing sideways. As I recall, there were over 1500 flights canceled that day. I was delayed about 24 hours getting home - but I never got stuck in the snow!
If it had dark tan/brown seats/accents there's a good chance it was a KR. Any other color and it definitely wasn't a King Ranch
Old May 10, 2021, 5:26 pm

If it had dark tan/brown seats/accents there's a good chance it was a KR. Any other color and it definitely wasn't a King Ranch
Yep, I know what the difference is, I just can't remember the specifics of a rental from 2+ years ago.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:42 am

I think the Platinum trim is actually higher than King Ranch. Trucks with nice interiors are definitely uncommon. I've seen an F-150 Lariat a couple times and a couple RAM 1500 Rebels and that's it.
Old May 12, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by m907

Volvo S60 T6
Ford Expedition Max
Jeep Wrangler
GMC Yukon (2021)
Mazda CX-5
Toyota Highlander
Wow!! An F250? That is noteworthy.
Old May 13, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Wow!! An F250? That is noteworthy.
I've seen them once in awhile, but never a King Ranch.
Old May 19, 2021, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond; National-EE; Hertz-PC; WN-A* List
Was at DEN last Thursday. Pretty decent selection I executive compared to any other airport I’ve been to this past year. I saw two F250s, the closest one was for sure the KR trim, didn’t get close enough to the second one. The also has multiple Nissan Armadas including several of the prior model year. I saw several expedition max limiteds, Yukon Denali, Tahoe LT, a couple 4 runners, one Infiniti QX80, a couple smaller SUVs that I didn’t look at.

When I returned on Tuesday there was a smaller selection but definitely a few larger SUVs, they also had some sedans, looked to be chargers and camrys when I returned.
symbols, m907, Ordpc and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:38 pm

Just had a buddy arrive at DEN with a minivan reservation and he said there were 0 cars in the emerald aisle, executive aisle, or minivan area. They asked the person working and they pointed at an Expedition Max pulling in from being cleaned and gave them that. I arrive tomorrow around 6pm so I will update with a picture when I pick up.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Duane Haas
Just had a buddy arrive at DEN with a minivan reservation and he said there were 0 cars in the emerald aisle, executive aisle, or minivan area. They asked the person working and they pointed at an Expedition Max pulling in from being cleaned and gave them that. I arrive tomorrow around 6pm so I will update with a picture when I pick up.
Was able to get a reservation with exec status july 15-21. Rented a full size. What can/should i expect? Hoping to score an suv with 4wd on the aisle.... Is this an absolute pipe dream?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.