Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DEN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by KevinMD
During peak ski season? Odds of winning the powerball.
If I reserve a full size suv can I guarantee it will be awd?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:26 pm

not guaranteed, you have to book the class ending with AWD such as Standard SUV AWD
Auto Enthusiast and kxc262 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:06 am

In the winter I've seen RWD Ford Expeditions with Florida plates on the aisle.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 1:10 am

Arrived Feb 11 around 11am. Full buses, nearly everyone heading to the mountains. We got off the bus to a very scarce ES.

ES:
- 2x Infinity QX60
- 1x Ford Expedition Max Limited (2WD)
- 2x KIA Niro EV
- 1x Jeep Grand Cherokee (2021) Limited
- 1x Jeep Grand Cherokee (2021) TrailHawk
- 1x Chrysler 300
- 1x Buick SUV
- Couple pickups

Premier:
- 1x Audi Q5

I sprung for the expedition off the bus since I was heading skiing myself. My partner talked me down on the gas consumption, and we opted for the Jeep. TrailHawk got taken, but a Limited was pulled up shortly after and I got that. It was the right move; having the 4x4 was very much needed as we drove through a storm that had I70 at a standstill to Breckenridge. The expedition was grabbed immediately after I parked it back in the spot, and they (group of 5+ all going skiing) needed the space much more than me.

It was neat to see the EVs on the aisle. They had a sign that they do not need to be returned at 100% charge, even though they are rented out near 100%.

Greeter was nice per usual, though he was slightly annoyed I was driving the expedition around the lot to look at the remaining selection for a few minutes. He said if I drove it too long he'd have to get it re-cleaned. Valid point.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
I am a EE and have a ES reservation. We have a group of 6 for a 1-day trip, followed by group of 4 for 3 more days. We will be arriving mid day Wednesday in late April/early May.

What are my chances of getting a 7-seater from the DEN ES? How accommodating are the folks at DEN?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite
Was there Thursday at 11am. Lots of cars in exec aisle and premier selection. Unfortunately the quality was horrible. Outsides looked fine but so many high mileage, 30 and 40 thousand mile vehicles. I walked away from 4 BMW vehicles that smelled terrible inside. Vw hard a burning smell. Highlander had a hole in the driver floorboard under the gas peddle. Mercedes paint was peeling. The infinity I took needed an oil change from the interior warning and burning smell. That was the best option I found! They need to focus on some maintenance instead of just giving the car a quick wash and putting it back out to rent.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Case1096
They need to focus on some maintenance instead of just giving the car a quick wash and putting it back out to rent.
It's ski season. They'll get to the maintenance in April
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Friday 8PM.Another loaded aisle. PS was mostly Audi SUV's and cars. Did see a BMW SUV as well, but didn't want to pay 93 octane prices. The ES had just about anything you could think of. The standard cars were there, Camry, Altima, KIA Jetta. Smaller SUV's Kona AWD, Compass Limited 4WD, Quite a few of the standard SUV's, many with AWD, Murano, Terrain, Equinox. Quite a few 7 pass SUV's Journey, Traverse, Atlas, Enclave, 4Runner. At least 7 Pacifica's and a Voyager. Quite a few trucks as well, Titan, Ram, Silverado and Colorado. Finally a few sporty cars, Charger, Challenger, Maxima and even a Mustang with a flat tire. Took the Maxima SV with 17k on the clock

Funny thing is until that afternoon, my reservation was at Hertz. I kept checking National and they were $100 more for the weekend. That afternoon they were both at the same price, so I booked National and cancelled Hertz. When we were leaving we were driving past the Hertz lot and my wife commented that they were picked pretty clean. Didn't get a good look, but nowhere near the selection that National had.
Auto Enthusiast, joepa26 and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:17 pm

Thanks for the update! I’m headed to Denver in a couple weeks and get in Friday at 8. Sounds like there will be plenty of choices.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:53 pm

Premium?

Premium is like only $4 more per day than Executive.
Is it worth paying that extra amount to book Premium rather than Full-size (ie, Executive)?

I never understood this Premium thing, esp at this location.
I booked Premium last time, and the guy told me I can take this or that or anything from here (pointing at the Executive Aisle). Obviously the Executive aisle has far more selections than just those couple extra cars that he pointed me to, and so I just went with something from the Executive area.
Is Premium basically like Executive selection, plus maybe just a couple more cars? If so, I'd rather not waste the $20 extra for the 4-day rental.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
I noticed that as well when I made my booking. At Denver I wouldn't pay it. Most of the premium cars will already be on the aisle. I found a Maxima and saw a 300 on the aisle.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by KevinMD
I noticed that as well when I made my booking. At Denver I wouldn't pay it. Most of the premium cars will already be on the aisle. I found a Maxima and saw a 300 on the aisle.
I kept my Premium booking (saw your post afterwards).
I have a feeling the experience differs each time. But this particular time I'm glad I did the premium. One thing that worked in my favor is that the Emerald guy actually remembered me as I was just there 2 months prior. He was really friendly and tried to hook me up. He pointed to a small BMW SUV and a mid-size VW SUV and said I could have either one of those. I don't think the Executive aisle had anything like a BMW. The BMW was a bit too small, though, and wasn't going to work out... the cargo space was as small as Rogue if not smaller. I was loading up the VW when the friendly guy came up to me again and offered a Mazda SUV that had just pulled in. I jumped on it, and that was really awesome as this Mazda had 3 rows and was very luxurious with leather seats. I think it is called CX-9... if so, the MSRP is $35k, far more expensive than any car I've owned. That thing flew up that steep I-70 west of Denver, the same road that previous couple rental cars struggled on.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:00 am

Went 4/12 at 10:30 pm and all aisles were fully stocked. Almost all sections had a choose your color of base trim F150, Ram Classic, and Pacificas. It was very SUV/truck heavy, less than 5 or so sedans total. Very few of the vehicles had heated seats unless you wanted a very fuel inefficient SUV.

ES had a few Yukons, Armadas, and a mix of the above. They also had 2 F250’s surprisingly.

There was some random one offs throughout such as a top trim level RAV4, a Camry, a QX80, a Wrangler, Ranger, and an Off Road Tacoma.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:04 am

Wrong thread please delete....
Old May 19, 2022, 2:20 am

Picked up a car last night, selection wasn’t as great as previous times. About 20+ Pacificas, outside of that there was a Malibu, a CX-9, and some other run of the mill SUVs that weren’t too exciting. There were zero trucks this time around which was surprisingly as it is usually fairly truck heavy and only 1-2 sedans to select from.

They were holding off all of the decent cars for the upgrade section which had an X3, 220i, Q3, Q7, and a base model Camaro.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.