FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at MCI (Kansas City, MO) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/824776-cars-mci-kansas-city-mo.html)

DonCarpenter Sep 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Slim pickings today. ES was down to about 10 cars. 3 Impalas, and the rest Durango/Grand Cherokee and minivans. I took a Durango Limited.

One thing I've noticed about this location is that they don't clean the cars very well. Today's Durango still had mud on it and the interior is barely clean. They really need to work on that.

DonCarpenter Dec 2, 2016 8:33 pm

Another day with poor selection. Lots of minivans and mid sized SUVs in ES. Small SUVs and Elantras galore in EA. Took a Fusion hybrid as it was the best equipped thing on ES.

DonCarpenter Jan 3, 2017 7:44 pm

Same old same old. Picked up Friday morning and EA was Tucsons, Patriots and Elantras galore. ES was Chargers, Cherokees and Journeys galore. A couple of Impalas and an Explorer also in ES. I took the lone Maxima. Only took it because it was brand new. Still had the protective plastic on the dash and wheels. Pleasantly surprised. It was a great ride.

dsokolik Jan 29, 2017 9:01 pm

For the second time in as many visits, this location completely dropped the ball in regards to service. I arrived last Tuesday night at around 11pm to find ZERO cars on either the Exec or Emerald aisles. In fact, the only two cars on the entire lot were Nissan Versas. There was an Esclade parked by the doors, but the reps would not allow any customers to take it. There were several Exec members fighting over the last two Versas.....not a good situation for anyone. I was fortunate enough to get one of the Versas (was in line before the others) and the rep promised me some additional free nights which I have not seen in my account yet. A similar situation occured on my last visit here also. Treatment like this has me seriously questioning my loyalty to this brand.

Brandinho1 Jan 30, 2017 9:47 am

Originally Posted by DonCarpenter (Post 27700743)
Same old same old. Picked up Friday morning and EA was Tucsons, Patriots and Elantras galore. ES was Chargers, Cherokees and Journeys galore. A couple of Impalas and an Explorer also in ES. I took the lone Maxima. Only took it because it was brand new. Still had the protective plastic on the dash and wheels. Pleasantly surprised. It was a great ride.

Maxima's are my go to car as most locations tend to have them on the EA

DonCarpenter Feb 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1 (Post 27839128)
Maxima's are my go to car as most locations tend to have them on the EA

That's what I took today. Almost nothing but mid sized SUVs and Impalas otherwise. Upgrade area had a bunch of Audi Q5s and Q7s.

DonCarpenter Mar 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Same as always today...Impalas, Challenger, Ram 1500, Explorers, and one Cadillac XTS which I took. Sure it's just a fancy Impala, but it looks pretty darn cool.

And they must have had 200 cars just sitting waiting to be put on the aisles.

DonCarpenter Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Ever get the message that there are no cars available? Turns out that's (almost) the truth. When I booked, I wanted an 11:30 rental and couldn't get availability until 1:00. Figured I'd show up at 11:30 and have them adjust the times at the gate. When I got there, EA was completely empty, and ES had:

1 Dodge Journey
1 Impala
1 Taurus (that someone else beat me to)
2 Ram 1500 Hemis
1 Ford F 250 (first time I've seen a 250)
1 Suburban

I took the Suburban. It's actually quite nice. Very comfortable.

DonCarpenter Mar 29, 2017 6:56 pm

Ever get the message that there are no cars available? Turns out that's (almost) the truth. When I booked, I wanted an 11:30 rental and couldn't get availability until 1:00. Figured I'd show up at 11:30 and have them adjust the times at the gate. When I got there, EA was completely empty, and ES had:

1 Dodge Journey
1 Impala
1 Taurus (that someone else beat me to)
2 Ram 1500 Hemis
1 Ford F 250 (first time I've seen a 250)
1 Suburban

I took the Suburban. It's actually quite nice. Very comfortable.

DonCarpenter Jun 10, 2017 11:38 pm

So Thursday late morning, the ES was pretty thin as usual. A couple of pickups (including an F250), a Taurus, an Impala, a Hemi Charger, 6 cyl Mustang, and a Camaro SS. I took the Camaro. It's amazing.

Qwkynuf Jun 14, 2017 9:08 pm

I picked up a car June 13th at 7pm(ish). EE and ES were really sparse unless you wanted a minivan or a full sized pickup (I didn't). I walked back to the booth, but there was no one in it. After waiting a minute or two one of the attendants showed up and I asked him if this was it for the choices. He asked me what I was looking for, and I said "Something that I can drive to Manhattan and back (2 hours each way) without hating my life".

He looked out at the EE aisle, then turned around and looked at the Premium area & said "I could give you an Audi...?"

Drove off a few minutes later in an Audi Q3 Quattro with 4k on the odometer. I'm not much of a VAG fan, and there is some quirkiness to the way some things work, but it was a comfy ride.

AMHoff Aug 4, 2017 4:59 pm

Two weeks ago, snagged a 2017 Infiniti MX80 on the executive isle, 4k miles, leather everything, fully upgraded, working XM. Asked the booth guy if it was supposed to be there or if it was an accident and should be an PCAR upgrade, he said "Eh. It's Sunday." and opened the gate arm.

kxc262 Nov 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Heading here tomorrow. Any recent updates?

dabeags Nov 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262 (Post 29052854)
Heading here tomorrow. Any recent updates?

Nothing special the last few times I have rented there in the past few months. Think I grabbed a Limited Grand Cherokee once and a Durango GT the other time. The limited GC is my go to for ES unless something luxury has snuck in there, so I didn’t give it a thorough look.

kxc262 Nov 13, 2017 8:32 pm

EE was minivan city. Pick your color Caravan. 1 Pacifica. 2x Challengers, 1x Q50, Explorer, Expedition, Equinox, and random pickups from Silverado to F150.

Took a Maxima SV fully loaded.

X3 pulled off. XTS available for upgrade $25