FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at MCI (Kansas City, MO) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/824776-cars-mci-kansas-city-mo.html)

kxc262 Oct 2, 2021 9:46 am

10pm on 10/1

Good mix of midsize SUVs and sedans.
Notables. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Ford Bronco.

Snagged a 228i off Exec.

Upgrades - Buick Enclave.

Enterprise is taking over some of the Hertz space. Lot is under construction and rebranded with Enterprise.

Auto Enthusiast Oct 2, 2021 1:06 pm

A real Bronco, or a Bronco Sport?

kxc262 Oct 2, 2021 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast (Post 33613919)
A real Bronco, or a Bronco Sport?

Bronco Sport sadly. Wish we had a real Bronco

augkor Nov 25, 2021 8:31 am

I have a trip to MCI in a few weeks. I am EE and my reservation says pick up at counter instead of Aisle. For those that have rented at MCI recently, can I just go out the the aisle or do I actually have to stop by the counter? I have rented recently at DEN and have never had to stop at the counter.

iowatech Jan 23, 2022 3:03 pm

Can anyone provide an update on what the EE and EA fleet is looking like at MCI? Will be taking a trip in February and was curious - thanks!

rhholden Jul 21, 2022 11:49 pm

Selection was basic

One Audi for an additional $30 a day.

Everything else was a Nissan, Toyota, Ford, or something like that.

Fine cars. But not worth, uhh “speed walking” to get there ;)

Guy on the escalator in front of me, half way to the garage the duffle twisted off his roller board around to the side of imbalance. My dude kept his pace. Didn’t miss a step.

We’re all cool cats and kittens until we’re all pretending we’re not trying to out pace each other to get to that garage first.

Beckles Aug 12, 2022 10:04 pm

Early Friday evening, we're embarking on a 3,000 mile road trip and I wanted to get a spacious vehicle for the trip, had reservations on the Executive Aisle at National and President's Circle at Hertz. Spent way too much time lurking between the two lots waiting for something good. Started out with a Toyota Venza Hybrid Limited at Hertz, then switched to a 2020 Ford Explorer XLT at National (had Captain's chairs in the middle row and was decently optioned, 2 wheel drive).

National/Alamo/Enterprise seemed lightly staffed, very few clean cars, they were wheeling them out as fast as they could, putting most on the Executive Aisle and giving anyone with a reservation their choice. I saw a couple Audi Q5's, a BMW 330, Chrysler 300, Dodger Charger, Dodge Challenger, several pickup trucks of various varieties, Nissan Pathfinder, and GMC Terrain. I had settled on a 2020 Ford Explorer XLT, was decently optioned for an XLT (Captain's chairs in the middle row), only had 25,xxx miles on it. As we were about to finally leave they rolled out a 2022 Pacifica Plug-In Hybrid, we grabbed that. Well optioned, though the 120v charger does not work and it was given to us at <1% battery level (It did charge on a fast charger at the grocery store). Hopefully we can find chargers along the way to save a little on gas.

kxc262 Oct 27, 2022 6:36 pm

10/20 pick up around 1030am
Booked luxury (Lux SUV was sold out after I cancelled the reservation). Offered a 5 series with 50k miles or 60k miles. Bad tire whirl, but good for a one-way out of MCI into VPS

ES - good variety of vehicles. Notables - Challenger, Mustang convert, standard SUVs / sedans

Standard procedure - just walk out to the lot to pick your vehicle. National took over part of the Hertz canopy.

kxc262 Feb 8, 2023 11:48 pm

2/8 @ 11:30pm
National was fully sold out and the lot had no vehicles.
Exec - A5 (snagged by the guy in front of me), Mustang vert, Challenger, Charger, Tacoma, Ranger, 2 other pick up trucks, Camry, Maxima, Malibu, Gladiator
EA - nothing

Pretty much nothing on the lot, but took an Atlas with 10k miles. Great for the heavy rain.
Old EA aisle is now EE. EA aisle is now relocated to the Hertz side of the lot (not under canopy)

Viper22 May 4, 2023 10:04 pm

5/2 12:30pm - EE had 3 pickup trucks, a Durango and a Charger. Rest of the entire National lot was empty, line of people waiting for cars (non EE I assume)

We were going to grab the charger but an Audi A4 S Quattro rolled up so we grabbed that instead.

kxc262 May 11, 2023 8:24 am

5/10 @ 12:30am

No cars on the lot as National oversold their rentals. The guy in front of me booked luxury and was put into a Nissan Sentra. The family behind me booked a minivan and was given a Pacifica off EA Reserve.

I booked premium and was offered either a F150, Gladiator, or Ford Escape, which were the vehicles coming out of the wash.

Qwkynuf May 11, 2023 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262 (Post 35241637)
5/10 @ 12:30am

No cars on the lot as National oversold their rentals. The guy in front of me booked luxury and was put into a Nissan Sentra. The family behind me booked a minivan and was given a Pacifica off EA Reserve.

I booked premium and was offered either a F150, Gladiator, or Ford Escape, which were the vehicles coming out of the wash.

Seems to be their method of operation at that location. I have found a completely empty lot there at least 3 times, going back to pre-Covid, even.

kxc262 May 12, 2023 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf (Post 35242642)
Seems to be their method of operation at that location. I have found a completely empty lot there at least 3 times, going back to pre-Covid, even.

I agree. Tues/Wed are the worse days for pick up. Weekends - lots are always full.

kxc262 Jun 23, 2023 11:59 pm

6/22 @ 11:30pm
ES - Camry, Altima, Jeep Cherokee, Murano, Rav4, Ford Edge
EA - F150, random full size sedans

Upgrades - Q5.
Very few cars available on Wed night. 5 greeters though. Returns area closed ironically.

6/23 @ 11:30pm
ES had more vehicles - saw a CT5.
Returns closes early not, but they will back date your contract upon request if you get charged an extra day for the after hours return. Just take a picture of miles/fuel. The manager will send an email upon closing out the contract.

musicmansam Jan 12, 2024 4:00 pm

1/9/24 around 1030am. First big-ish snowstorm of the year went through the day and night before, so as expected, not many options. Choose your flavor and color of a RWD 2dr coupe :) Few challengers, few mustangs, and a single Toyota GR86 with Colorado plates which I took because hey, at least its different than normal. Snow still was not fun on the highways. Fun in the hotel parking lot though.

Returned 1/12/24 around 345pm. Didn't look close but seemed to be better selection between cars and SUVs. Did not see anything super special.

Car return line was completely full of vehicles though, so that was weird. Saw a Cherokee 4xe in the return line, and also a Land Rover Defender, which was kind of crazy.

Easy experience getting in and out, just sucks that they didn't have any FWD, AWD, or 4WD vehicles left but I also understand why.