FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at MCI (Kansas City, MO) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/824776-cars-mci-kansas-city-mo.html)

FlyinHawaiian May 2, 2010 9:37 am

Arrived at the EA at about 5 p.m. on a Friday evening. The Aisle was full of mid-size and full sized Jeeps and KIA SUVs, along with some Malibus and other sedans. I spotted a Buick Lucerne at the end and nabbed it. It was, by far, the best EA self-upgrade I've ever been able to get. The car was brand new, with only 310 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM.

I glanced at the Full Size area and saw only a few Impalas and a lonely Camry.

trainman74 Jul 5, 2010 5:44 pm

Picking up Wednesday 6/30/10 at about 10:30 A.M., the Executive aisle was almost full -- you could have a Charger or Malibu not only in your choice of color, but with your choice of state for the license plate. There were also a couple of Ford Edges. Almost all the way at the end of the aisle was a single Chrysler 300 Touring with 4,000 miles on the clock, which is what I took. Sorry, didn't get a chance to peek at any of the other aisles.

Auto Enthusiast Jul 5, 2010 6:11 pm

Sounds like they just got a bunch of one-ways. I'm kind of curious from where.

trainman74 Jul 5, 2010 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast (Post 14247933)
Sounds like they just got a bunch of one-ways. I'm kind of curious from where.

Okay, not all 50 were available. :D But it did seem to be every state within a few hundred miles of Kansas City: I remember seeing Iowa, Oklahoma, and Colorado.

dupontdude Jul 5, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks for the update, trainman. I'll be picking up from MCI this week, and I was curious to know what was out there. Last October, I was lucky enough to snag a brand new LaCrosse from the ES, and I'm hoping to score something similar this time. Judging by your comments, I'll may have to settle for the same ole, same ole. I'll post an update when possible.

harryhv Jul 7, 2010 12:11 am

Last time (May) had to look at 5 cars before I found one with a remote-control door lock on the keyring.

Admittedly this wasn't the "Emerald Aisle", just the usual row of "mid-size" cars.

dupontdude Jul 12, 2010 11:26 am

Originally Posted by dupontdude (Post 14248448)
Thanks for the update, trainman. I'll be picking up from MCI this week, and I was curious to know what was out there. Last October, I was lucky enough to snag a brand new LaCrosse from the ES, and I'm hoping to score something similar this time. Judging by your comments, I'll may have to settle for the same ole, same ole. I'll post an update when possible.

As promised, I wanted to provide an update on the Exec selection at MCI. Someone noted before that there were Chargers and Malibus as far as the eye can see; and that is still the case. They actually did have a few Camaros, an Explorer, a Traverse, and a Tahoe (which I took). Overall, I have yet to be disappointed with this location, and am looking forward to renting here again. Nice people on the lot too.

nevansm Sep 8, 2010 10:49 am

I'm renting from here next week. I'll provide some updates!

EDIT: Well that didn't pan out... but I AM heading there now! I'll report later tonight.

UCSBCHRIS2002 Jan 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Picked up on 1/15/11, I wanted to get some type of SUV, none in the Executive Aisle. The Executive Aisle was full with Malibu’s and 300’s. They had one black camaro, which is what I took.

xSTRIKEx6864 May 25, 2011 8:50 pm

5/20/2011

Chevy Malibu
Chevy Impala
Toyota Camry
Ford Escape
Dodge Charger

They had a LOT of Impalas... every other car was an Impala, I think.

ElmhurstNick Sep 19, 2011 5:07 am

Saturday afternoon, a desolate rental car center in a moderate rain, and maybe the strangest EA/ES I've ever seen:

ES: Two Durango Crews, a Ford Edge, a Ford F1500 (?) and an Impala
EA: Kia Sorrentos, Dodge Journeys, Ford Escapes, a Ford Flex, and at least four fullsize Chevy Silverado pickups, plus a couple of midsize sedans sprinkled around.

I was standing by one of the Durangos taking in the scene so I could make this post, and one of the supervisors came up to me and ask me if I needed any assistance. I said that I'd be taking one of the Durangos but was just looking to see if an Acadia was on the other side of the aisle.

"Oh, we have one over on the Alamo side. Let me get somebody to bring it over to you."

And darned if three minutes later, a navy GMC Acadia with 8k but sadly expired XM appeared. The gentleman who drove it over asked me to wait a second so he could go inside and get me an ES hangtag so they wouldn't give me a hassle at the gate.

As I told the very nice lady as we were standing under the canopy avoiding the rain, little gestures like that are a big reason why I give National over 95% of my rental business.

Mrgolfer21 Sep 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick (Post 17133526)
Saturday afternoon, a desolate rental car center in a moderate rain, and maybe the strangest EA/ES I've ever seen:

ES: Two Durango Crews, a Ford Edge, a Ford F1500 (?) and an Impala
EA: Kia Sorrentos, Dodge Journeys, Ford Escapes, a Ford Flex, and at least four fullsize Chevy Silverado pickups, plus a couple of midsize sedans sprinkled around.

I was standing by one of the Durangos taking in the scene so I could make this post, and one of the supervisors came up to me and ask me if I needed any assistance. I said that I'd be taking one of the Durangos but was just looking to see if an Acadia was on the other side of the aisle.

"Oh, we have one over on the Alamo side. Let me get somebody to bring it over to you."

And darned if three minutes later, a navy GMC Acadia with 8k but sadly expired XM appeared. The gentleman who drove it over asked me to wait a second so he could go inside and get me an ES hangtag so they wouldn't give me a hassle at the gate.

As I told the very nice lady as we were standing under the canopy avoiding the rain, little gestures like that are a big reason why I give National over 95% of my rental business.

I was just there on thursday to pick up a car, and while I am not Executive or anything, there wasn't hardly anything out there. Seabring convertible (no thanks, it was gonna rain all weekend), a couple of pickups and a mazda 5 van thing (not even sure what it was). That was in the EA aisle...ES has some pickups, a few larger SUV's (sorry, i didn't see what types, but nothing outstanding). It was a sad lot. I ended up with a Jeep compass, nice ride, but dang if you gotta fill up with gas every 225 miles (small tank and not that great of gas mileage). When i returned on Sunday, the lot was overflowing with cars. Next time, I'll ask for something from Alamo.

businesstraveller2 Oct 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Just rented from MCI this past weekend. Arrived Thur afternoon around 3. ES had an entire row of Impalas it looked like. I saw one 300 but they said it was a specialty car reserved for someone. There was one SUV - a Journey in burnt orange with fabric seats. I took it. It had sirius radio at least and I was going a couple hours west out into the prarie.

krwzz Nov 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Today was a good example of why I left Hertz for National earlier this year.

I walked into the lot at MCI around 1:00 and was greeted by the attendant. I asked him if he had anything good on the lot today; he asked if I was ES and if I would be returning the car to MCI; when I answered both questions with a "yes" he went and got me the the keys for a Mercedes 300C. They had a couple of them parked along the fence, it never hurts to ask politely.

Mrgolfer21 Feb 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Not a bad selection

ES selection was decent...quite a few camry's with NAV, couple of Maxima's, 3-4 Avalons, a CX-9, Enclave, and a Buick Lucerne (i think). They even had a suburban in the aisle. I took an Avalon with leather and 450 miles on it.