Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCI (Kansas City, MO)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Any recent trip reports? Heading out here this weekend.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
2/8 @ 12 midnight.

Nothing spectacular.

EA - town and country, sienna. Sonata, pathfinder.

ES - 200, Arcadia, more minivans, couple of dodge journeys.

Upgrades - Audi Q5 ($75), expedition ($50), Escalade in return area.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:42 am

A very nice selection

2/14 @ 9am

Lots of cars returned back yesterday so returns was full. Saw an XTS and X5 in returns.

EA - the usual FCARS, couple of AWD small SUVs, Pathfinder
ES - Challenger, Impala LTZ/LT, Impala Limited, 300c

Found a Grand Cherokee Limited with 500 miles on the clock with AWD. Finally found one.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:34 am

A lot of cars in the return lot.

EA - Tons of baby Jeeps. 1 Renegade, lots of other Jeeps except for the GC. Lots of minivans.

ES - Nothing exciting. Pathfinder, Old Malibu LTZ, pickups, Traverse AWD. Notable standouts include 2x GC Limited ('15 with weird shifter) and '16 with trad shifter. 300C, Durango, Explorer Limited.

PS - Escalade, QX80 (both $75 each), XTS, 300C (no upgrade tag). BMW 3 in Alamo.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:06 am

3/20 @ 11am

Tons of cars - take anything you want that isn't luxury (they had none)

EA - Baby Jeeps, Sonatas, Impalas
ES - Saw a base 2015 Accord, 3x '16 Maximas (tempting), Impala LTZ, 300C AWD, Durangos, and a lot of Grand Cherokees (1x Larado and the rest Limited)

Greeters were awesome and found pulled a GC Limited for me out of the overflow lot. No XM

Funny how when they park cars into designated aisles - with Jeeps they just drive over the parking blocks instead of going all the way around.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: United, National
Large vehicles on a Friday night?

What are folks impressions on potential inventory of SUVs / minivans for a late Friday night pickup at Kansas City? I'm flying in June 17 with the family and would be nice to have more space than a regular full size.

For my 9 day rental, it will cost me over $800 more to confirm a minivan, so I'm willing to squeeze us into a full-size, but want to have an idea of potential upgrade to large vehicle.

thanks!
Old May 10, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
I don't see minivans that often, but small and midsize SUVs are common enough that I would risk it. ES usually has some SUVs with a third row.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:12 pm

For a late night arrival, you probably will get into a minivan. If not, come back on Sat morning or Sunday morning and their lots will be packed with returns.

Only exception is if there is an event in town. I personally have found MCI to be one of the biggest lots since they have a huge area of overflow cars where the greeters will pull a car from there if you ask.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Thursday 6/2 11 AM:

EA: Jeep Renegade, Malibus, Little SUV
ES: Camry, Minivans, 3 or 4 RAM and F150 pickups, Ford Transit Van, Tuscons galore and a 4 Runner which I took.

The one weekend I want a Camaro, Mustang or Challenger I get stuck with a big ponderous SUV.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:33 pm

Saturday at noon: EA and ES were both packed with the usual uninspiring selections. ES did have a LOT of Durangos this time. I did get a brand new Challenger this time. I do wish they'd washed it and cleaned off the window markings from the factory, but it was a perfectly fine car.

I double reserved hoping for something in Premium, but absolutely nothing at all when I picked up. When I returned this morning, a sole Infiniti SUV was all they had for anything special at all.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:02 pm

Picked up on Friday morning. Same as usual. Duragos, Malibus, Impalas, and other assorted boredom. I picked a Hemi Charger. Wanted a Mustang, but I figured a Hemi would be more fun than a 6 cyl Mustang.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:42 pm

Last few times it's been the same selection as always. EA lots of Elantras and Renegades, ES lots of Chargers and Durango/Grand Cherokees.

Got a 2017 Camaro next to last time, and asking for a Mustang coupe got me a convertible with no upcharge last time.

The MCI staff is close to the best I've ever had.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
Picked up on Wednesday morning.

ES:
Dodge Charger (only one, base level, I selected it)
Ford F-150 (one available)
mid-size run-of-the-mill SUVs (Dodge Durango, etc....many available)
minivans (many available)
Toyota Camry (many available)
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:23 pm

Picked up on Saturday morning (9/10). I was excited after reading all of the good news on here about the selection and service at MCI. I don't know if it was a bad day or what, but they were cleaned out (probably from the Chiefs/Chargers game Sunday and the Mizzou/whoever game Saturday). They had NO cars in EA or ES at all and no employees were to be found. There were a few SUVs: 2x Rogue 4WD, a Dodge Journey, and some pickup truck. I finally took a Rogue but I hated it. I complained at the gate and they said I could go pick from the full size area at Alamo but I was still not happy.

0/10 would not recommend lol
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:07 pm

MCI has a good fleet, pending that there are major events in town.
The aisle tends to have a ton of Jeep Compasses and ES has tons of premium cars usually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.