Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2023, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by IIDXias
Decided to book Luxury for a Saturday 10/28 one way rental (3 days) as it was the exact same price as the aisle. Anyone have any recent data points on Luxury selection here? I assume worst case I can just pick from the aisle still if I don’t like any of their selection (I’ve never actually booked a non-aisle category with National before!). I have EE if that makes any difference with a category booking like this.
if nothing has changed in the past ear, LAS is one of the few locations that actually have a functioning emerald reserve. There is a luxury section with around 10 spots and you pick one of the vehicles in there
In general I have saw mostly Q5/X3/GLC(UFAR) and sometimes BMW 2/3/4 series/Audi A4
Auto Enthusiast and IIDXias like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 10:38 am

Sept 30
11:00AM
1x grand Cherokee limited
1x Cadillac XT6
bunch of blazers, pacifica, Malibu, chargers
1x highlander

Luxury had X3, Lincoln Nautilus

11:30PM
1x CX90 base trim
1x highlander LE
1x Nissan frontier

Luxury had A4, Q3

Interesting now LAS requires passport for Canadian DL holders. They actually scan it and enter into the system. I offered Nexus card and the agent accepted (unlike one time in DFW where the agent insisted it has to be physical passport and not Nexus card and didn't seem to do anything other than a visual comparison)
huskyflyer likes this.

Last edited by hourglass; Oct 1, 2023 at 10:45 am
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by hourglass
Sept 30
11:00AM
1x grand Cherokee limited
1x Cadillac XT6
bunch of blazers, pacifica, Malibu, chargers
1x highlander

Luxury had X3, Lincoln Nautilus

11:30PM
1x CX90 base trim
1x highlander LE
1x Nissan frontier

Luxury had A4, Q3

Interesting now LAS requires passport for Canadian DL holders. They actually scan it and enter into the system. I offered Nexus card and the agent accepted (unlike one time in DFW where the agent insisted it has to be physical passport and not Nexus card and didn't seem to do anything other than a visual comparison)
Sweet! I wish there were more Lincolns up in Canada as I have always wanted to try one. I thought the passport rule is only for non-US/Canadian DL, and for non-US/Canadian DL, I think it is still at the agent's discretion if they want to see a passport. I didn't even know they had passport scanning machines. Good to know in case I ever end up entering the US on a Nexus and end up needing a car.

I have never seen Canadian agents asking American DLs for their passport here in Canada (and same for non US/Canadian DLs)
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by huskyflyer
Sweet! I wish there were more Lincolns up in Canada as I have always wanted to try one. I thought the passport rule is only for non-US/Canadian DL, and for non-US/Canadian DL, I think it is still at the agent's discretion if they want to see a passport. I didn't even know they had passport scanning machines. Good to know in case I ever end up entering the US on a Nexus and end up needing a car.

I have never seen Canadian agents asking American DLs for their passport here in Canada (and same for non US/Canadian DLs)
I have only had this passport requirement at LAS and Dallas(dfw and dal). Looking at the official rule it seems Canadian DLs don't need passport accompanied but since the LAS agents are scanning passports, I think it prob pops up a screen prompting them to enter passport information.

Rented last week at SFO and only DL was needed.
Last year at DFW one agent insisted to see the physical passport and not Nexus card, so I had to ask my co worker to get my passport from hotel which took one hour. Ironically after I got the passport the second agent at the gate didn't care at all....

Last edited by hourglass; Oct 1, 2023 at 6:32 pm
Old Oct 30, 2023, 9:55 pm

Picked up Saturday 10/28 and told them I had a Luxury reservation, agent took me right to an Audi A4 that looked like it was parked in ES. Told me that my only other option today was a Chrysler 300 so I took the Audi- it was a 2023 with about 12000 miles on it, runs good and seemed to have an upgraded speaker system because the sound in there is incredible (way better than the A4 I had last month in Chicago). Happy with the rental even though it was technically available to anyone who had ES- Luxury was basically the same price anyway.

They looked pretty slammed when I was there, as there were hardly any cars on either aisle. Looked like just your normal Camrys and stuff but I didn’t get a good look since she took me right to the A4. They didn’t even have a single vehicle in premier selection at the time.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
I was in Las Vegas November 17-21, which was the weekend when the Formula 1 race was going on. National, Enterprise, and Alamo all had plenty of cars available all three times that I was at the rental car center.

I booked an ES reservation last minute (while on the rental car shuttle) at about 10 PM on Friday night, which was the night of F1 qualifying. ES and EA were both pretty much full. The best large vehicle on ES was a high-end Toyota Highlander, there were many other SUVs on ES. Plenty of nice sedans on both EA and ES. We took an Audi A3 as it was the nicest sedan, and we didn't need a lot of room.

Our booking was originally just for one night, as we were spending time with friends who live in Las Vegas. But then they had a family emergency, so we extended our booking. After about 1.5 days, the A3 was showing a low tire pressure indicator, and we happened to be driving by the airport when that happened. So we doubled back and swapped out the car. At that point it was about 11 AM on Sunday, the morning after the F1 race. The lots for all three companies were just as full, if not not more full. But the vehicles available in ES were even better. There was a VW Atlas being picked up by a customer. There were some options for high end and top trim Japanese and Korean sedans and SUVs, and at least three more Audi A3s. As we were looking, they brought in both a Cadillac AT6 400 and a BMW X5 plug-in hybrid. We took the hybrid as we now had plans to drive our friends around, so something bigger (and nicer) than the A3 would be better. The X5 hybrid is a great vehicle with lots of luxurious features.

When I returned the car on Monday night, there were still plenty of vehicles available, although I didn't look to see the selection.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
I was in Las Vegas November 17-21, which was the weekend when the Formula 1 race was going on. National, Enterprise, and Alamo all had plenty of cars available all three times that I was at the rental car center.

I booked an ES reservation last minute (while on the rental car shuttle) at about 10 PM on Friday night, which was the night of F1 qualifying. ES and EA were both pretty much full. The best large vehicle on ES was a high-end Toyota Highlander, there were many other SUVs on ES. Plenty of nice sedans on both EA and ES. We took an Audi A3 as it was the nicest sedan, and we didn't need a lot of room.

Our booking was originally just for one night, as we were spending time with friends who live in Las Vegas. But then they had a family emergency, so we extended our booking. After about 1.5 days, the A3 was showing a low tire pressure indicator, and we happened to be driving by the airport when that happened. So we doubled back and swapped out the car. At that point it was about 11 AM on Sunday, the morning after the F1 race. The lots for all three companies were just as full, if not not more full. But the vehicles available in ES were even better. There was a VW Atlas being picked up by a customer. There were some options for high end and top trim Japanese and Korean sedans and SUVs, and at least three more Audi A3s. As we were looking, they brought in both a Cadillac AT6 400 and a BMW X5 plug-in hybrid. We took the hybrid as we now had plans to drive our friends around, so something bigger (and nicer) than the A3 would be better. The X5 hybrid is a great vehicle with lots of luxurious features.

When I returned the car on Monday night, there were still plenty of vehicles available, although I didn't look to see the selection.
The X5 PHEV is a great car, especially if you stay at hotels with free charging. I rented one for 11 days earlier this year and averaged 29 MPG. Was yours equipped with adaptive cruise control?
Old Nov 28, 2023, 12:12 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by funnyfarm299
The X5 PHEV is a great car, especially if you stay at hotels with free charging. I rented one for 11 days earlier this year and averaged 29 MPG. Was yours equipped with adaptive cruise control?
We were staying with friends and they have a Tesla wall charger installed by their previous tenants, but of course it isn't compatible with the X5's J-1772 port. But we did manage to charge at free charging stations for about an hour twice while out and about one day, saving some gas. Overall I got about 28 mpg average. If we could have charged at our friends' house, I may not have needed to fuel up the car at all.

I believe it was equipped with adaptive cruise control, but I didn't use it. We didn't do a lot of freeway driving, and very little in congested traffic.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
12/17 10am

ES aisle quite boring selections with generic sedans, SUV and a few pick ups. Saw Ford Explorer, Nissan Rogue, Honda Accords, Buick.. etc. Asked for a locked 228i GC in the corner with temp tag and was given, brand new 70 miles on odometer.

seawolf, xienon and AppleBoy97 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I reserved a 4 door Wrangler for 12/28. What trims do they usually have there? Can I expect a Rubicon or even a 4xe? I would also be OK with a 2 door Wrangler, but that wasn't an option to reserve. Does National even rent those anymore? Can I expect to find the Wrangler on the Aisle?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Putnik
I reserved a 4 door Wrangler for 12/28. What trims do they usually have there? Can I expect a Rubicon or even a 4xe? I would also be OK with a 2 door Wrangler, but that wasn't an option to reserve. Does National even rent those anymore? Can I expect to find the Wrangler on the Aisle?
When I picked up on Dec 19, there was a 4xE in the ES.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
We were staying with friends and they have a Tesla wall charger installed by their previous tenants, but of course it isn't compatible with the X5's J-1772 port. But we did manage to charge at free charging stations for about an hour twice while out and about one day, saving some gas. Overall I got about 28 mpg average. If we could have charged at our friends' house, I may not have needed to fuel up the car at all.

I believe it was equipped with adaptive cruise control, but I didn't use it. We didn't do a lot of freeway driving, and very little in congested traffic.
Originally Posted by funnyfarm299
Rented one Jeep Grand Cherokee PHEV (or 4xe as they call it), awesome car equipped with ACC and lane keep, drove for about 500 miles and averaged 26.3 MPG with no charging at all.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Picked up today, 4pm, in the Emerald LOTS of Compact SUV, Nissan Rouges, RAV-4, Niro's, Camry;s and Altimas
The executive had loads of Mid-Size SUV

I took a 2024 Nisan Rouge, which has 500 miles on it.
Phillbsb1979 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Picked up today, 4pm, in the Emerald LOTS of Compact SUV, Nissan Rouges, RAV-4, Niro's, Camry;s and Altimas
The executive had loads of Mid-Size SUV

how’s the rouge? I see it all the time but have never tried it, but I loved the Maxima’s zero gravity seats the one time I tried it. Are they well equipped?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
...Nissan Rouges...

Originally Posted by huskyflyer
how’s the rouge? I see it all the time but have never tried it...
Nissan Rogue. There is no Nissan Rouge Even if it's painted red, it's a Nissan Rogue.

Good thing we don't live in the UK, where some models are named the Qashquai

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.