Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:32 am

Just saw that someone else had a similar issue and posted on the main National/Emerald Club page.

htt**://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/1937710-your-reservation-not-eligible-emerald-checkout.html

Guess I'll just wait and see what happens.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by vbnyc
Hi. I've got an upcoming reservation in LAS for an ES vehicle. Got Executive status via my cc perk. I'm a first time National renter and National app user.
I noticed the app says , "Your reservation is not eligible for Emerald Checkout. Reminder: Emerald Checkout opens at 12am. Upon arrival, please proceed to the Executive area to choose your vehicle."
My pickup time is scheduled for 10:30 pm. I thought Emerald Checkout was 24/7.
Has anyone ever encountered this before or know why a reservation would be ineligible for Emerald Checkout?
They have to verifiy your Drivers License and Credit Card the first time you rent. Emerald check out is from your phone. You will need to go to the gate and checkout this one time, then you can use your app to check out going forward. Still get to go pick your own car and all that jazz, but take a little longer at the gate instead of your Emerald Checkout app.
vbnyc likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by khigbee
They have to verifiy your Drivers License and Credit Card the first time you rent. Emerald check out is from your phone. You will need to go to the gate and checkout this one time, then you can use your app to check out going forward. Still get to go pick your own car and all that jazz, but take a little longer at the gate instead of your Emerald Checkout app.
Thanks for the reply.
Makes sense. Had to go through a similar quick and painless verification process with Silvercar on the first rental.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by khigbee
SEMA show in town. (Special Equipment manufacture Association, IE all the aftermarket parts for cars). Over 800,000 people expected. And they are car people, so they all get rentals. Gets bigger every year and I try to avoid at ALL cost. Ends November 2nd.

800000 people for a conference/show?! That's insane. CES last year had a total of 182000 including attendees, exhibitors and media.

Ron.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The total attendance at the 2017 SEMA Show was over 160,000.

https://www.semashow.com/domestic-bin
ginmqi likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The total attendance at the 2017 SEMA Show was over 160,000.

https://www.semashow.com/domestic-bin
Yeah....don't think a show like SEMA can attract 800k.....might get close to 200k but it is still a very niche type of conference...aftermarket parts for cars.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:06 am

Any recent updates on Executive Aisle?

I’m renting as a Executivr Elite member. If the lot is pretty sparse at our next Tuesday mid morning rental, have people been allowed to take a car from the Premium selection (I have a full size rental).
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Depends on the lot attendant, but mid morning the ones there seem more stict and will probably just tell you to choose from the aisles or point you to the selection of that size in Alamo.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Premier Selection

What vehicles have you seen in the premier selection at LAS?
Curious if I’m better off going national where I am EE or Hertz where I am presidents circle and can use the ultimate choice.

Thoughts?

thanks
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:06 am

Haha same dilemma, how did it go?

I’m thinking National will have better premier upgrades available, but I guess the day and time will be a factor too. I am renting this Saturday late morning at LAS. I reserved both just in case, thankfully price is almost the same in this instance 😊
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by bcard519
What vehicles have you seen in the premier selection at LAS?
Curious if I’m better off going national where I am EE or Hertz where I am presidents circle and can use the ultimate choice.

Thoughts?

thanks
President's circle w/ Hertz, in my experience, has much better upgrades than Executive at National. This is from about 10X hertz and 30X national rentals at this property over the past few years.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Slim pickings for the holidays. 11AM.

Sentras Camry. Managed to snag a Maxima. Somebody else got an XT5. Luxury got you into a QX30, Q3, or C300
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:47 am

01/02 10:00PM. Slim pickings on EE and nothing really on EA. Pretty much random ICARs in both aisles and choose 1 of 5 pick-up trucks in EE. I talked an agent into giving me a charger from Alamo, since technically I did have a FCAR reserved and that was about the only FCAR between the two lots other than a Malibu, also in Alamo.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:22 pm

1/1/19 – Appx 2:00pm. Not a single car was ready at National when I got out to the lot (one truck was sitting there). There was a small group of people waiting for specialty cars, then another larger line waiting for any sort of regular car. Apparently an employee from Alamo had sent a bunch of people over to National to wait for cars, so there was a bunch of people with Alamo reservations there….it was mass confusion everywhere, very little communication or direction from employees. Took about 45 minutes - 1 hour to get a car. Having status and being able to pick from the Aisle with National doesn’t help too much when there are zero cars available. Lesson learned for if I ever need to rent a car again at the beginning of the new year in LAS! Also, I only needed the car for a single day. When I went to return it on Jan 2 around noon-ish, the line of people waiting in the empty lot was even longer outside than the day before, plus there was a huge line inside as well.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Around 4pm today EA and ES we're basically the same. Very well stocked with sedans. No SUV's on either aisle and lot attendants were telling everyone "no one gets an SUV without a $75 upgrade charge." Apparently they had alot of reservations for them.

EA had Malibus, Jetta's, Sentra's, Elantra's, Sonata's, old Altima's.

ES had the same as well as pick your color Impala, Dodge Challenger, Mini Cooper convertible, 3 Nissan Frontier, 1 RAM 1500

Premier upgrade section had 3 Infiniti QX80, 2019 GMC Terrain, and a Ford Flex all for a $75 upgrade charge.

I had a luxury reservation. Was offered a QX80 but didn't want something that big. Luxury had a CTS, an SRX, or a beat up Q50. I asked if they had any Mercedes or BMW and they brought me a CLA250 with 10000 miles.

SUV section on Alamo side was nearly empty as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.