Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at Portland / PDX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by noah
Sunday evening, 8pm.

Both EA and ES in effect, though not a huge selection on either.

EA was mostly sedans and pickup trucks.
ES was minivans, a cross section of sedans (Camry, Altima, Impala, Jetta), crossovers (Dodge Journey, Chevy Traverse), Pickups (Quad cab Nissan, Ram 1500) and one full size SUV -- a 2015 Tahoe LT that I snagged.
I rented from Avis at PDX this weekend because it was half the price of National. I got a low mileage Subaru Outback, and my husband commented on how much a nicer, newer car it was than when we normally rent from National. I have to say, it was nice to not be driving a stripped Sonata...
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:32 am

Very grim last night at PDX. Despite the manager of this station having assured me a few months ago that the Executive area should never be used for storage, half of the Exec area last night was being used for storage, and there were only 6 vehicles available. Emerald Aisle was closed as well, so that meant 6 vehicles for ALL renters. 3 of them weren't even full size - 2 200s and a Jetta. The other 3 weren't cars - there was a Dodge Ram and 2 Suburbans.

I had a Premium reservation and there were no Premium cars. I ended up with an Acura RDX. The agent even commented on how "the good manager wasn't on duty today," so my suspicion that this station goes way downhill on Fridays when the main manager is off duty is probably correct.
Old May 30, 2015, 8:08 am

Bad night again at PDX. Emerald Aisle closed, only around 6 cars in the Executive area, with only 1 actual car, a Kia Optima. 3 Nissan Rogues, 1 Chevy Suburban, 1 Dodge Grand Caravan, 1 Kia Sedona. None of the cars looked like they had been properly washed. I ended up with a dirty Nissan Rogue.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Literally night and day differences between Buster's experiences and mine, once again.

Daytime (seems to make all the difference). Saturday morning 9am.

ES and EA in effect.
Didn't look at EA
Premium area had a Ford Expedition, Suburban LTZ, Impala LTZ, Navigator and Avalon among other things.
ES had a little bit of everything. Camry, Altima, Impala sedans; small SUV and crossovers like Ford Escape, Ford Edge, Nissan Rogue, Chevy Tracker; Larger SUVs like Ford Explorer, Buick Enclave. Dodge and Nissan pickups. One thing it didn't have were any minivans -- my desired vehicle for this weekend trip -- but the Explorer with 3rd row seats will do just fine as an alternative.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold (soon to be Plat), National Exec, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi all, will be arriving at PDX on Friday, 7/17. I have a premium car reservation and Exec Elite status (status matched from Avis PC). I was wondering for those who pass through more frequently, how likely it would be for me to find a Tahoe or other 7 pass SUV in the Exec Selection? We are 5 adults traveling together and could use the extra room. Thanks!

P.S. - I did try to book one outright, but they were not available. Today, I did see a Buick Enclave that was reservable but it was 5x the cost for the weekend.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Originally Posted by kky2003
Hi all, will be arriving at PDX on Friday, 7/17. I have a premium car reservation and Exec Elite status (status matched from Avis PC). I was wondering for those who pass through more frequently, how likely it would be for me to find a Tahoe or other 7 pass SUV in the Exec Selection? We are 5 adults traveling together and could use the extra room. Thanks!

P.S. - I did try to book one outright, but they were not available. Today, I did see a Buick Enclave that was reservable but it was 5x the cost for the weekend.
Doubt you see one in the Exec area but they probably have them off to the side of the booth. I have pretty good luck asking nicely for one when I arrive. Note they have been moving their GM SUVs thru the recall program so inventory is low. They do have Navigators in the PDX fleet as well.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:32 pm

You don't say what time on Friday you're arriving, but I usually see large SUVs out there in the Exec area. Since you have a premium reservation, you'll need go to the booth by the aisle anyway - there's no premium row at PDX. They may be able to help you.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold (soon to be Plat), National Exec, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Buster
You don't say what time on Friday you're arriving, but I usually see large SUVs out there in the Exec area. Since you have a premium reservation, you'll need go to the booth by the aisle anyway - there's no premium row at PDX. They may be able to help you.
I'm arriving around 1pm. Hopefully there will be a tahoe or suburban!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I'm arriving around 1pm. Hopefully there will be a tahoe or suburban!
I think there is a reasonable chance; if not and if you have a bit of time to wait around, it may be worth it because Friday afternoon turnover is pretty high (business/week long travelers leaving Portland, weekend visitors coming in).
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:28 pm

Arrived and no suburbans or tahoes available. However, was offered a Buick Enclave for $15/day upgrade fee. Content!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:09 pm

Rented middle of july from PDX, Emerald Aisle had a brand spanking new Ford Focus, rolled off the lot and straight into my hands lol. Check out the odometer reading info from my rental receipt

Odometer Mileage/Kilometers

Starting: 3.0 Ending: 543.0

Total: 540.0
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:59 pm

I arrived Monday, a little after noon, and there was a line of 20 at the Emerald Aisle. Apparently there were no cars. How often does this happen? Hertz had plenty of cars (because you have to walk past them to get to National).
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I arrived Monday, a little after noon, and there was a line of 20 at the Emerald Aisle. Apparently there were no cars. How often does this happen? Hertz had plenty of cars (because you have to walk past them to get to National).
I've never seen it with no cars - very few cars is normal there.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Happens occasionally at PDX, but if National is out it will also mean Alamo and Enterprise are also out, they share the same inventory. Hertz may look like they have cars but they all may be reserved and waiting for pickup. Couple weeks ago all the majors were 30-40min wait to get a car, even with reservations.

PDX for whatever reason is a pretty big tourist location in the summer.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Monday at 9pm - 10 people lined up, no cars, not good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.