Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong rental rate issues with National

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Wrong rental rate issues with National

Just curious if anyone else has run into issues with surprise rental costs with National lately? I had two reservations this month via our corporate rate and I had to talk to an agent about both rentals as they were 2x and 4x as expensive as they were supposed to be. It was quickly and easily resolved both times and both agents were great but I've never had that issue before. Granted my rentals are way down these days so just wondering if this is a new normal
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:51 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, someone else jus reported this recently:

Charged over 2X reserved rate
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Yes, someone else jus reported this recently:

Ah I read that wrong. I read the part about updating the rental and thought that was a different situation but now I see it was only the card on file
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Yes, someone else just reported this recently:

FYI, I just completed another rental and the same thing happened as in my thread. This time we noticed it as we were picking up the car. Exit agent couldn't fix it. Went to Twitter again and they had local agent fix it. Bill was correct when we returned the car. Last time was at DFW this time at MSP. Same corporate code (for personal use).
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by mangoMan
FYI, I just completed another rental and the same thing happened as in my thread. This time we noticed it as we were picking up the car. Exit agent couldn't fix it. Went to Twitter again and they had local agent fix it. Bill was correct when we returned the car. Last time was at DFW this time at MSP. Same corporate code (for personal use).
I just noticed after my rental that I was charged $84 instead of $36 that was on my reservation. It was a leisure rate but for a college I admit I'm not connected to. I just tested it out on a new reservation and it doesn't seem to currently provide any discount. So maybe the contract didn't get renegotiated, but still it's an unwelcome surprise. When the rep fixed the error, did you need to provide any additional verification for the contract? If every rental is going to be $80-100 I'll probably just avoid National and renting cars all together and plan to use more Uber and public transport while traveling.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:29 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Peridot83
I just noticed after my rental that I was charged $84 instead of $36 that was on my reservation. It was a leisure rate but for a college I admit I'm not connected to. I just tested it out on a new reservation and it doesn't seem to currently provide any discount. So maybe the contract didn't get renegotiated, but still it's an unwelcome surprise. When the rep fixed the error, did you need to provide any additional verification for the contract? If every rental is going to be $80-100 I'll probably just avoid National and renting cars all together and plan to use more Uber and public transport while traveling.
We hate to state the obvious, but if you use a discount code you're not eligible for, these are the types of issues you might run into. It comes with the territory. Of course, there is an easier way--just request a quote from AutoSlash. We only apply discounts and coupons folks are eligible for, and we stand behind the deals we provide. In the rare instance, you are ever charged more than our quoted rate, we'll either get it adjusted or make up the difference ourselves.

Uber and public transport certainly have their place, but when a car rental is the most convenient option, AutoSlash will help to get you the best deal--without the worry of whether your rate will be honored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.