Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Tahoe’s/Escalades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

xienon, Brandinho1, m907 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
So far I’m really liking the new Tahoe. Mine has bench seats in the back. The picture actually makes the screen look smaller unless I have a larger screen. It would be nice to have automatic cruise control and blind spot, however the mirrors are massive.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Put 1K miles on a Tahoe LT this week.

+ Drives great. Much less artificial and “floaty” than the last model.
+ Huge interior space and legroom.
+ Looks great on the outside.

- 18.2 mpg with 90% highway driving. With “sport” and “towing” modes available on a dial, why isn’t there an “eco” mode?
- Severely under featured. There is a sensor that watches traffic in front of you and warns you if they stop abruptly. However, there is no adaptive cruise control, no blind spot monitoring, etc.
- Instrument cluster is antiquated already. Infotainment is a nice mix of screens and knobs/buttons.

At $52k on the sticker, wouldn’t entertain the idea of a purchase. Great value on a $40/day reservation though!
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by aww3583
- Severely under featured.

At $52k on the sticker
You answered your own question. The absolute cheapest sticker you can get on a Tahoe appears to be $50k, going up well into the mid-$80k range. While I don't fault National for buying the cheaper models, Tahoes (and siblings) aren't cheap by any measure.
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
New Tahoes on the lot at DEN when I landed last night
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by aww3583
Put 1K miles on a Tahoe LT this week.

+ Drives great. Much less artificial and “floaty” than the last model.
+ Huge interior space and legroom.
+ Looks great on the outside.

- 18.2 mpg with 90% highway driving. With “sport” and “towing” modes available on a dial, why isn’t there an “eco” mode?
- Severely under featured. There is a sensor that watches traffic in front of you and warns you if they stop abruptly. However, there is no adaptive cruise control, no blind spot monitoring, etc.
- Instrument cluster is antiquated already. Infotainment is a nice mix of screens and knobs/buttons.

At $52k on the sticker, wouldn’t entertain the idea of a purchase. Great value on a $40/day reservation though!
Agree with some of this... as a renter, it’s nice to have more options for vehicles with a third row that can actually be used by adults. As an owner (Tahoe LTZ), it starts to blur the line with the Suburban, especially since the revamped design has lengthened it by a non-trivial amount.

Quieter and more comfortable ride, but yes, lacking on the driver assistance front.

I am sad they didn’t take the opportunity to do anything better with the instrument cluster. I also don’t love this trend of infotainment displays sticking up out of the dash.

The new exterior styling is downright horrendous, especially the Z71.
m907 and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.