Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

How to get a guarantee car? Or private airport car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know how to actually use the Executive Elite perks?

I have now experienced three occasions of not having a car despite taking reservations this past year. Its time to pull the status card and figure this out so I dont end up stranded at midnight again (being a diva, but it is annoying to have Uber back to the airport before your morning meetings to hope they have a car at that point!)

Also, there is a small airport much closer to my house than the big airport. Has anyone set up that perk?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:52 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

It would help to have some more details on the situations you refer to. What location(s) did this occur at? Were they completely out of vehicles? How soon before pickup did you make the reservation?

Also note sure what your are referring to here?

Also, there is a small airport much closer to my house than the big airport. Has anyone set up that perk?
​​​​​​​It would help to know what "perk" you mean?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
It would help to have some more details on the situations you refer to. What location(s) did this occur at? Were they completely out of vehicles? How soon before pickup did you make the reservation?

Also note sure what your are referring to here?

​​​​​​​It would help to know what "perk" you mean?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

My concern isnt about the past oversells (IND, OMA, and Fort Wayne). I want to know how to get a guaranteed car moving forward for all airports. I posted a screenshot above on the perks listed.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:42 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Do you have Emerald Exec Elite status with National? Did you book your reservation more than 24 hours ahead of time? If so, you should have had a guaranteed vehicle. If not, they you should have asked to speak with the location manager, and failing that, the regional manager responsible for that location to complain. They are supposed to hold a vehicle for EE Elites when booking more than 24 hours ahead of time. If not, they should compensate you in some form.

For the private airport deliver, see this page.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I'm exec elite. I literally have a car from them every single day. There was no car and the booking was made far in advance. I will reach out to them for an explanation. My last pick up I saw a car with someone's name on it so I was thinking that was the way they reserve it.

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Do you have Emerald Exec Elite status with National? Did you book your reservation more than 24 hours ahead of time? If so, you should have had a guaranteed vehicle. If not, they you should have asked to speak with the location manager, and failing that, the regional manager responsible for that location to complain. They are supposed to hold a vehicle for EE Elites when booking more than 24 hours ahead of time. If not, they should compensate you in some form.

For the private airport deliver, see this page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.