Cars at PNS

Old Jul 31, 18, 9:29 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,532
Cars at PNS

This is a non-aisle location, but the counter staff is pretty flexible with offering you a selection of vehicles to pick from.

7/27:

Volkswagen Atlas
Audi Q7
Volvo XC40
Ford Edge Titanium x2
Jeep Compass x2
Nissan Altima
Nissan Maxima
Ford Fusion x2
Hyundai Elantra
Dodge Grand Caravan x2

Last edited by aww3583; Aug 1, 18 at 7:13 am
aww3583 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 18, 3:42 pm
  #2  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,532
8/2

Camry x2

Impala x4

A6

Infiniti Q60 x2

Pacifica/Caravan x3

Altima x4

Camaro

Challenger

Escape x2

Maxima SR

Cadillac XT5


aww3583 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 19, 12:33 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,532
3/8/19:

Cadillac XTS
BMW 530i
Mazda MX5/Miata
Chevrolet Suburban
Audi Q3
Various Hyundai and Toyota sedans
Dodge Grand Caravan
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Ford Fusion Hybrid
aww3583 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 19, 12:36 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
3/8/19:

Cadillac XTS
BMW 530i
Mazda MX5/Miata
Chevrolet Suburban
Audi Q3
Various Hyundai and Toyota sedans
Dodge Grand Caravan
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Corvette stingray in the ES?!
bullsfan1227 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 19, 1:20 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,532
Originally Posted by bullsfan1227 View Post
Corvette stingray in the ES?!
PNS is a non-aisle location.

Upgrades are available, pricing varies depending on demand and who's working the counter. It's a great little location, but pricing/availability varies wildly.

Last week, I had a standard (don't know the acronym) reservation with 1-2-F days and got the 530i for $25/day as an Executive. Last year I had a standard reservation and they gave me a 740i as a "Merry Christmas".
aww3583 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 19, 2:06 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
PNS is a non-aisle location.

Upgrades are available, pricing varies depending on demand and who's working the counter. It's a great little location, but pricing/availability varies wildly.

Last week, I had a standard (don't know the acronym) reservation with 1-2-F days and got the 530i for $25/day as an Executive. Last year I had a standard reservation and they gave me a 740i as a "Merry Christmas".
Ahh ok. From the list above, what did they offer you with no upcharge?
bullsfan1227 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 19, 2:16 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,532
Originally Posted by bullsfan1227 View Post
Ahh ok. From the list above, what did they offer you with no upcharge?
I'm in there a ton and our company forces standard reservations, so it's tough to remember what true "upgrades" were given and what weren't.

I can remember a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 740i, and Charger SRT at no upcharge. These were the "wow" or "didn't expect that" type of free upgrades. I grabbed an XC60 once for $30/day which was underwhelming.

Most of the time, it's just higher level sedans (Fusion Hybrid, Camry, Maxima, LaCrosse).

There have been a few times where I get exactly what's booked. No big deal. Overall, PNS has treated me way above average.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:37 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: AA, UA, Hilton
Posts: 4
We were at PNS 8/10-8/17; Should have had emerald executive aisle through sapphire reserve, but somehow didn't - so that may have affected how things went down, but we booked a midsize, and although they had some capacity, they upcharged for minivans here $114. Total cost for the rental was just over $400, so better rate than other rentals were offering using a corp rental code. Just be aware of the "peak upcharge for minivans given it's the summer time". I had a similar experience at LAX as well with similar ~$15/day upcharge.
chidoc85 is offline  
Old Aug 22, 19, 7:30 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,532
Originally Posted by chidoc85 View Post
We were at PNS 8/10-8/17; Should have had emerald executive aisle through sapphire reserve, but somehow didn't - so that may have affected how things went down, but we booked a midsize, and although they had some capacity, they upcharged for minivans here $114. Total cost for the rental was just over $400, so better rate than other rentals were offering using a corp rental code. Just be aware of the "peak upcharge for minivans given it's the summer time". I had a similar experience at LAX as well with similar ~$15/day upcharge.
There is no Emerald Aisle at PNS.

Just to be clear, you booked a midsize and paid to upgrade to a minivan? I wouldn't call that an upcharge, that's just how it works if you request a more premium vehicle.
aww3583 is offline  
Old Aug 22, 19, 9:45 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York suburbs
Posts: 3,680
It sounds like an assumption that getting an upgrade to a minivan should be free, as it can be in an aisle facility.
Auto Enthusiast is offline  
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:14 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,532
Week of 2/3:

Land Rover Discovery (x2)
Nissan Altima (x3)
Jaguar F-Pace (x2)
Lincoln Navigator (x2)
BMW 740i
Ford Fusion
BMW 330i (x2)
Cadillac Escalade
Nissan Rogue (x2)
F150
Dodge Grand Caravan (x2)

Was given a 2020 Navigator with <1000 miles and XM radio on a midsize reservation. Such an impressive SUV.
aww3583 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: