FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at PNS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/1922763-cars-pns.html)

aww3583 Jul 31, 2018 8:29 pm

Cars at PNS

This is a non-aisle location, but the counter staff is pretty flexible with offering you a selection of vehicles to pick from.

7/27:

Volkswagen Atlas
Audi Q7
Volvo XC40
Ford Edge Titanium x2
Jeep Compass x2
Nissan Altima
Nissan Maxima
Ford Fusion x2
Hyundai Elantra
Dodge Grand Caravan x2

aww3583 Aug 2, 2018 2:42 pm

8/2

Camry x2

Impala x4

A6

Infiniti Q60 x2

Pacifica/Caravan x3

Altima x4

Camaro

Challenger

Escape x2

Maxima SR

Cadillac XT5

aww3583 Mar 11, 2019 11:33 am

3/8/19:

Cadillac XTS
BMW 530i
Mazda MX5/Miata
Chevrolet Suburban
Audi Q3
Various Hyundai and Toyota sedans
Dodge Grand Caravan
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Ford Fusion Hybrid

bullsfan1227 Mar 11, 2019 11:36 am

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 30873651)
3/8/19:

Cadillac XTS
BMW 530i
Mazda MX5/Miata
Chevrolet Suburban
Audi Q3
Various Hyundai and Toyota sedans
Dodge Grand Caravan
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Ford Fusion Hybrid

Corvette stingray in the ES?!

aww3583 Mar 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by bullsfan1227 (Post 30873668)
Corvette stingray in the ES?!

PNS is a non-aisle location.

Upgrades are available, pricing varies depending on demand and who's working the counter. It's a great little location, but pricing/availability varies wildly.

Last week, I had a standard (don't know the acronym) reservation with 1-2-F days and got the 530i for $25/day as an Executive. Last year I had a standard reservation and they gave me a 740i as a "Merry Christmas".

bullsfan1227 Mar 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 30873854)
PNS is a non-aisle location.

Upgrades are available, pricing varies depending on demand and who's working the counter. It's a great little location, but pricing/availability varies wildly.

Last week, I had a standard (don't know the acronym) reservation with 1-2-F days and got the 530i for $25/day as an Executive. Last year I had a standard reservation and they gave me a 740i as a "Merry Christmas".

Ahh ok. From the list above, what did they offer you with no upcharge?

aww3583 Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by bullsfan1227 (Post 30874051)
Ahh ok. From the list above, what did they offer you with no upcharge?

I'm in there a ton and our company forces standard reservations, so it's tough to remember what true "upgrades" were given and what weren't.

I can remember a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 740i, and Charger SRT at no upcharge. These were the "wow" or "didn't expect that" type of free upgrades. I grabbed an XC60 once for $30/day which was underwhelming.

Most of the time, it's just higher level sedans (Fusion Hybrid, Camry, Maxima, LaCrosse).

There have been a few times where I get exactly what's booked. No big deal. Overall, PNS has treated me way above average.

chidoc85 Aug 21, 2019 4:37 pm

We were at PNS 8/10-8/17; Should have had emerald executive aisle through sapphire reserve, but somehow didn't - so that may have affected how things went down, but we booked a midsize, and although they had some capacity, they upcharged for minivans here $114. Total cost for the rental was just over $400, so better rate than other rentals were offering using a corp rental code. Just be aware of the "peak upcharge for minivans given it's the summer time". I had a similar experience at LAX as well with similar ~$15/day upcharge.

aww3583 Aug 22, 2019 6:30 am

Originally Posted by chidoc85 (Post 31441705)
We were at PNS 8/10-8/17; Should have had emerald executive aisle through sapphire reserve, but somehow didn't - so that may have affected how things went down, but we booked a midsize, and although they had some capacity, they upcharged for minivans here $114. Total cost for the rental was just over $400, so better rate than other rentals were offering using a corp rental code. Just be aware of the "peak upcharge for minivans given it's the summer time". I had a similar experience at LAX as well with similar ~$15/day upcharge.

There is no Emerald Aisle at PNS.

Just to be clear, you booked a midsize and paid to upgrade to a minivan? I wouldn't call that an upcharge, that's just how it works if you request a more premium vehicle.

Auto Enthusiast Aug 22, 2019 8:45 am

It sounds like an assumption that getting an upgrade to a minivan should be free, as it can be in an aisle facility.

aww3583 Feb 6, 2020 6:14 pm

Week of 2/3:

Land Rover Discovery (x2)
Nissan Altima (x3)
Jaguar F-Pace (x2)
Lincoln Navigator (x2)
BMW 740i
Ford Fusion
BMW 330i (x2)
Cadillac Escalade
Nissan Rogue (x2)
F150
Dodge Grand Caravan (x2)

Was given a 2020 Navigator with <1000 miles and XM radio on a midsize reservation. Such an impressive SUV.

aww3583 Apr 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Arrived to find an empty lot and a line of ticked off customers.

According to the desk agent, they lost 40-50 cars this weekend due to a severe thunderstorm with hail that came through. Baseball-sized hail totaled out many vehicles and decimated their fleet.

I'm a frequent renter there (and have EE status). They scrounged up a Toyota 4-Runner for me. It wasn't clean and had been in an accident (rear quarter panel creased with significant scratches, rear tail light housing severely cracked). Cloth seats, no keyless entry, no automatic tailgate and 12k miles on the clock. I needed a vehicle and appreciate their efforts. A colleague of mine came by a couple hours later and they still had zero vehicles.

Edit: There was an X7 in the return line. I asked about it but they couldn't let it out without being cleaned and going through an inspection.

wakesetter93 Sep 28, 2021 1:31 pm

Renting from here for a week starting 10/2. Any recent updates?

wakesetter93 Oct 3, 2021 9:15 am

Picked up yesterday and was initially offered a Dodge Challenger but refused that and the agent gave me a 2020 Land Rover Discovery with 37k on the odometer. So far, very happy with the car.

They had lots of new model Tahoe’s, Yukon’s, Suburbans for the beach goers with families. Didn’t see much in the way of cars here.

aww3583 Oct 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Lots of minivans and Nissan Maximas.

Had a luxury car reservation. Was offered a base spec BMW X2. I politely declined because they’re minuscule and under-featured.

Only other option was a paid upgrade to a Navigator for $100/day. Talked them down to $50/day. On the high end of what I’d consider reasonable.

Navigator has 40k miles on the clock, dents in both front doors, and the dash had been scrubbed with what appears to be steel wool. Scratches everywhere. Still very comfortable, but according to the sticker is 6k miles past an oil change.