Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status above Executive Elite?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Status above Executive Elite?

I rented a car 257 days last year for work. Is there a status above Elite? As an AMEX Platinum cardholder which grants Executive status, not sure what the "Elite" qualification actually gives you. I know the one less credit per rental day, but at my levels that doesn't really make a huge difference.

Are there any airports with an Elite aisle separate than an Executive aisle?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:37 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

There is the VIP level, but it's invite-only and typically reserved for C-level executives or travel coordinators for large companies that have contracts with National. Elite is the highest level for mere mortals like us.

I am not aware of any dedicated Elite aisles.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:28 pm

Yeah saw a few black large premium SUV marked "VIP" in the return lane a few times in HNL.

I also rented 200+ days last year and will get probably 300+ days of rental this year....I'm not expecting any VIP invites anytime soon, lol. As you said...we are mere mortals.

Be nice to be a C-level exec though....
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:16 pm

You also get the better free day redemption with Elite (any class other than trucks/exotic)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:49 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by ginmqi
As you said...we are mere mortals.
Actually, you're a mere mortal. That's better than us...we're dead to them. They really don't like us infringing on their attempts to charge people too much for their rental cars...
ginmqi likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Actually, you're a mere mortal. That's better than us...we're dead to them. They really don't like us infringing on their attempts to charge people too much for their rental cars...

Heh...yeah, thank goodness for company paid travel perks!

Although after having horrible discount rental car experiences in the past, I would also now be more likely to do a higher level brand than before even if I were just doing lot of personal rentals out of pocket.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
There is the VIP level, but it's invite-only and typically reserved for C-level executives or travel coordinators for large companies that have contracts with National. Elite is the highest level for mere mortals like us.

Asked a NA guy I once saw holding a VIP sign, pretty much said the same. Have the be the decision maker on travel arrangements for a company.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Asked a NA guy I once saw holding a VIP sign, pretty much said the same. Have the be the decision maker on travel arrangements for a company.
or like Avis Chairman’s and some of the others. Buy a Jetcard.
https://portal.jetlinx.com/?page_id=133
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:56 am

Twice I've seen some strange cars reserved for VIP's before though. One was a Altima & the other time it was a Santa Fe. My only thoughts were that people had requested those types specifically, because there were way better cars on the aisle.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Twice I've seen some strange cars reserved for VIP's before though. One was a Altima & the other time it was a Santa Fe. My only thoughts were that people had requested those types specifically, because there were way better cars on the aisle.

Well better is subjective. Had a friend who stated she wanted a car with less horsepower and not for fuel economy or anything.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:22 am

Another possibility is that I know of one person (not though National) who has a disability and requires a left gas pedal and right brake pedal.... Maybe
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:57 pm

Indeed. As one of the select few non- "mere mortals", I can confirm that this level exists. There are other perks aside from specified car requests, such as vehicle delivery - regardless of proximity to location, And better redemption ratios and car classes for free days.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
I have been a 200 - 300 day renter each year for many years, no selection for VIP

Have heard similar to the above, be a documented C-suite executive or be FoT (Friend of Taylors)
jackal and ginmqi like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
I have been a 200 - 300 day renter each year for many years, no selection for VIP

Have heard similar to the above, be a documented C-suite executive or be FoT (Friend of Taylors)
Taylors? I assume this is the family/person that founded EHI?

If that's the case, then I think FoT can also probably apply to Family of Taylors...
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ginmqi
Taylors? I assume this is the family/person that founded EHI?

If that's the case, then I think FoT can also probably apply to Family of Taylors...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_C._Taylor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_C._Taylor
https://www.forbes.com/profile/jack-taylor/ (and https://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/54...mily_Q8FL.html)

Family of Taylors already get better-than-VIP status...whenever anyone even remotely connected to the Taylor family arrives at an Enterprise location, they're treated with a level of worship usually reserved for deities.
ginmqi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.