Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Additional driver with executive aisle

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
What happens if the additional driver is not present? I will be flying to MCO and will be added as an additional driver, but the other person arrives earlier in the day and will pick up the car. We are both Executives and during the reservation process the website said we were allowed up to 9 additional drivers for free.

Can I just stop by the National counter at my departure airport and be added to the contract?
Both the primary renter and the additional driver have to be present.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by m907
Both the primary renter and the additional driver have to be present.
Customer service actually told me I can go to the counter in my departure airport, even before the other person does the pickup. The other option is to stop by the counter when they come to pick me up at MCO later that day. I’ll try the first option just to see if it really works.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Customer service actually told me I can go to the counter in my departure airport, even before the other person does the pickup. The other option is to stop by the counter when they come to pick me up at MCO later that day. I’ll try the first option just to see if it really works.
That's a new one to me. Let us know if it actually works.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
So the person doing the pick up got his flight delayed and ended up waiting for me to arrive, could not do the test.
Ordpc, Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-EXP, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Gold, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Rented a car tonight with an additional driver in the reservation. I included all of their information requested in the initial reservation: DL info, contact info, etc. Chose my car, went to the booth, and wasn't asked for any kind of verification for the AD. Now I want to make sure they're actually on the rental record. Their name is listed on the email confirmation for the reservation, but I never got an email with the rental agreement after checking out of the lot. I looked for the agreement online, but it doesn't seem to be possible to get it on the website or app - my RA number is listed but with no details about the reservation. I've tried calling as well, but offices are closed.

Should I be concerned that the AD may not be covered even though they're on the confirmation? And how do you get a copy of your RA? Seems like this should be readily available in case you were to get pulled over, get in an accident, etc.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by daslax
Rented a car tonight with an additional driver in the reservation. I included all of their information requested in the initial reservation: DL info, contact info, etc. Chose my car, went to the booth, and wasn't asked for any kind of verification for the AD. Now I want to make sure they're actually on the rental record. Their name is listed on the email confirmation for the reservation, but I never got an email with the rental agreement after checking out of the lot. I looked for the agreement online, but it doesn't seem to be possible to get it on the website or app - my RA number is listed but with no details about the reservation. I've tried calling as well, but offices are closed.

Should I be concerned that the AD may not be covered even though they're on the confirmation? And how do you get a copy of your RA? Seems like this should be readily available in case you were to get pulled over, get in an accident, etc.
I don’t have specific experience on extra drivers but for your RA, at Toronto earlier this year at the booth on exit with an ES car I asked for a copy of my RA since I wanted to drive to NY and the border agents may want to see it. The agent at the booth told me these days it’s just on the National App but he gave me a print out too. I never get emails from National with my RA but always do with Enterprise even at branches where Natiobal and Enrerprise share the same fleet with the same staff.

however the new national app doesn’t really give details about your RA… but it does have the RA number.

I think if you called National with your RA number found on your app (or quote your emerald club member) you can ask them to verify if your additional drivers are added. You are supposed to have their DL at check out to be added, but I believe for spouses they don’t have to be on the RA and are still authorized to drive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.