Wiki Posts
Search

Frustrating status match attempts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Frustrating status match attempts

I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get National to match my Hertz Presidents Circle. I just topped 40 hertz rentals for the year and fancied trying another brand.

I have submitted the following form a couple of times with copies of my hertz status.

https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/

They respond with a stock email that I need to provide more info but nobody is actually personally answering my emails to explain what they need.

Very frustrating. You have to wonder what risk they have to match a status, if you don't use it they don't lose much do they.

I would prefer a "No" instead of these annoying requests for more info but with no details.

Anyone have a better way in? I promised myself 48 hours and then I will move on. Maybe this just means it isn't worth it.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Take some pointers from this guy, perhaps?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:13 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
You may want to check this recent thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...rald-club.html
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plagwate
Take some pointers from this guy, perhaps?
Thanks for the link. Seems to be par for the course with National. Best if I let this first bad impression move me on to another vendor me thinks!

Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by repcool
Thanks for the link. Seems to be par for the course with National. Best if I let this first bad impression move me on to another vendor me thinks!

Thanks.
Knock yourself out. More premium upgrades for the rest of us.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:29 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
LOL. And the OP in that thread persevered and got the status match too. But plagwate's right, if you aren't interested in expending a couple minutes' worth of time to achieve the match, maybe your efforts are better spent pursuing other vendors.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though. What did you submit to achieve the match?

Last edited by dwbf11; Aug 26, 2013 at 11:37 am
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM
I did a status match - I just printed (to pdf) the main hertz gold plus rewards page with the 'my account' dropdown showing (which shows your current status, your name your YTD rentals, and your points).

Was upgraded about a week later with no problems whatsoever.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwbf11
LOL. And the OP in that thread persevered and got the status match too. But plagwate's right, if you aren't interested in expending a couple minutes' worth of time to achieve the match, maybe your efforts are better spent pursuing other vendors. Let us know how it works out.

The point is a status match is an opportunity for a vendor to make a great first impression to a potential new customer.

I also matched my 1K to Frontier last week and it went just great. Is there a good reason a car agency should be a lot more complex or unable to communicate? If they can't offer a good impression on day one what chance is there months from now when I am in a bind?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
The point is a status match is an opportunity for a vendor to make a great first impression to a potential new customer.

I also matched my 1K to Frontier last week and it went just great. Is there a good reason a car agency should be a lot more complex or unable to communicate? If they can't offer a good impression on day one what chance is there months from now when I am in a bind?
I'm not going to lie, I have often found National's corporate customer service to be very slow to respond -- though ultimately they've solved the problems I've brought to them. Most of the time, if there is an issue, the local branch will solve it.

However, in eight years of renting frequently from National (Exec or EE every year) I have had to contact them approximately three times. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to wait for a car, and I have very rarely ended up with a car I was unhappy with.

If you are the type of renter who likes to complain, National may not be for you. I am the sort that likes to not have a reason to complain, and I am happy with National.

The website you link to is very clear about what constitutes proof of status (including file format) -- have you followed those rules exactly?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dtremit
I'm not going to lie, I have often found National's corporate customer service to be very slow to respond -- though ultimately they've solved the problems I've brought to them. Most of the time, if there is an issue, the local branch will solve it.

However, in eight years of renting frequently from National (Exec or EE every year) I have had to contact them approximately three times. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to wait for a car, and I have very rarely ended up with a car I was unhappy with.

If you are the type of renter who likes to complain, National may not be for you. I am the sort that likes to not have a reason to complain, and I am happy with National.

The website you link to is very clear about what constitutes proof of status (including file format) -- have you followed those rules exactly?
Yes.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:34 am
Original Poster

I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get National to match my Hertz Presidents Circle. I just topped 40 hertz rentals for the year and fancied trying another brand.

I have submitted the following form a couple of times with copies of my hertz status.

https://statusmatch.emeraldclub.com/

They respond with a stock email that I need to provide more info but nobody is actually personally answering my emails to explain what they need.

Very frustrating. You have to wonder what risk they have to match a status, if you don't use it they don't lose much do they.

I would prefer a "No" instead of these annoying requests for more info but with no details.

Anyone have a better way in? I promised myself 48 hours and then I will move on. Maybe this just means it isn't worth it.

Finally matched. A very sterile process without anybody ever communicating with me. I pretty much threw screenshots and photos of my hertz website and that seemed to do the trick. maybe they just gave up on me.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite - Avis First - Choice Diamond - HH Gold
If you think you will get better service with Dollar, Thrifty, Avis etc, good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.