Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Executive Selection booking via Chase Ultimate Rewards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Selection booking via Chase Ultimate Rewards?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Eh yeah kinda sucks. But hopefully shouldn't be too long of a wait. I'll add my EC# at the counter and then go to the EA/ES to get my pick of car!
Just go to ES and pick a car. Your Emerald Coub number is attached to your drivers license, so when they enter it at the booth, it will attach.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
Just go to ES and pick a car. Your Emerald Coub number is attached to your drivers license, so when they enter it at the booth, it will attach.
Ahhh....great!!! I'll do that then!

^
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
An update for those following. This is the correct answer.

I stopped at the counter at LAS just to make sure and the agent scanned my DL and said I can go ahead and pick any car from the aisle and when I leave with the car and getting checked out, the reservation will be attached at that time due to my DL already having the EC# on there.

So that's exactly what I did and it was easy as pie.
motoridersd and aSiAnRiCk like this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ginmqi
An update for those following. This is the correct answer.

I stopped at the counter at LAS just to make sure and the agent scanned my DL and said I can go ahead and pick any car from the aisle and when I leave with the car and getting checked out, the reservation will be attached at that time due to my DL already having the EC# on there.

So that's exactly what I did and it was easy as pie.
Thanks for reporting back! I just booked a car through UR for AUS and will be doing the same.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by motoridersd
Thanks for reporting back! I just booked a car through UR for AUS and will be doing the same.
Have fun bro!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Thanks for the above responses. I searched all over the web (apparently not quite) and couldn't find a straight answer from someone who actually booked using Chase UR on National and was able to pick from the ES aisle.

My car is reserved for tomorrow at BWI. I booked partially using Chase UR points but mostly charged on my CSR. I will share my experience on here.
And I forgot, please send me a pm
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I forgot to post an update. I tried to leave the parking lot at AUS with just my license and they couldn't pull up my reservation. I had to go back to the executive desk and they added my number to the reservation and I was then able to drive out in my chosen car.

It wasn't too much of a hassle and was definitely worth it. Luckily no one asked any questions, they just thought it was odd that my number hadn't been included in the reservation.

Good luck!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:23 am

FWIW, I've dealt with this in two cases. In the first case at YYC (Calgary), the rental desk stated they saw my reservation, I picked up a car, and after a long time of fiddling at the exit, I was able to drive off with a car from EA. In the second case at MSP, the rental desk claimed that I wasn't eligible for Executive selection because my UR rental was considered "prepaid", but permitted me to use EA as a courtesy to me.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:20 pm

Just want to update you on my experience at BWI last weekend.

I stopped by the desk and the agent said since I used points, I was not eligible for ES selection. Good thing I paid a bit extra for the full size reservation, just in case this issue arise.

At the lot, I approached a different agent and asked her why can't I use the ES aisle. She looked up my reservation and she said the same thing, I was not eligible because of a third party booking.

I walked over to the Full size car aisle and found me a Kia Optima with low miles. Then I noticed the branch manager walked by so I inquired my issue with him. He looked at my contact and right away he said it's because I used points, I'm not eligible for ES ... BUT as a one time courtesy, he said I can go ahead and pick a car from the ES aisle. He said to tell the gate attendant that he gave me permission to do so.

I pulled up to the gate, showed my contact and didn't say anything. The gate attendant actually noticed my full size car reservation (I was in an Acadia) and asked me to back up to exchange to a full size car to which I said the manager gave the okay. She went as far as calling him on the walkie to confirm.
Before I drove off, I asked what was the big deal and she said their branch policy doesn't allow ES / EA selections when using points / Hotwire / Priceline, etc.

I guess if I'm going to use Chase UR points, I'll stick to Alamo. Otherwise, back to Costco / National website for me.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:11 pm

BWI is not the friendliest branch I've experienced, except for the branch manager...
aSiAnRiCk likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Just want to update you on my experience at BWI last weekend.

He looked at my contact and right away he said it's because I used points, I'm not eligible for ES ... BUT as a one time courtesy, he said I can go ahead and pick a car from the ES aisle.
That's literally word for word what they told me in MSP. I get the feeling that this is slowly going to become a problem for those of us who use points for our bookings. FWIW, I like the idea of using the aisle, but I don't know if I'd want to pay real prices for it.
aSiAnRiCk likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:49 pm

If I reserve Luxury at Alamo, do I have chance to choose what car to pick or they give whatever they have?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by hchang2017
If I reserve Luxury at Alamo, do I have chance to choose what car to pick or they give whatever they have?
You can choose from the Luxury section.

SFO Alamo varies from Chrysler 300, Toyota Avalon, Mercedes GLK, Audi A4, BMW X3, Cadillac XTS and Volvo S60.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
You can choose from the Luxury section.

SFO Alamo varies from Chrysler 300, Toyota Avalon, Mercedes GLK, Audi A4, BMW X3, Cadillac XTS and Volvo S60.
so i can still make reservation with costco?
anyone been to Alamo in Honolulu?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by hchang2017
so i can still make reservation with costco?
You can book thru Chase travel portal or Costco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.