Wiki Posts
Search

question about change in reservation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1 Million Miler, CX Gold
question about change in reservation

I made the reservation to pick up my car at DFW on 2/23/2011 at 6:30 p.m. last month. Due to a sudden change in my work schedule, I tried to modify the pickup time to 1:30 p.m. on the same day. However, I got the message that no car would be available on that day so I could not make the change.

Will I still able to pick up my car at 1:30 p.m. on that day although my schedule pick-up time is 6:30 p.m.? Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:42 pm

Yes, you will not have a problem getting the car early. I do this almost every week...
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Your reservation is good for 12 hours either way, so it's not a problem to pick up a few hours early.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
If it is a very busy day, may be based on the OP, you may have to wait a few minutes and take a wet one if you seek a specific preference. Otherwise, it should not be a problem. And I have found that the whole city of Dallas, DAL and DFW with no cars anywhere, sell out more often than you may think. I moved my loyalty to National because the company I was using ran out of cars and assumed they could just send me to another agency. No one anywhere in the whole city had a car available. If it had not been late at night, I would have rented a small U-Haul truck. So keep the original and do not take the risk.

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Feb 22, 2011 at 7:34 am
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1 Million Miler, CX Gold
Thanks for the input! I rent from National at DFW many times a year. Every time I am there, I see a lot of cars parking at the spaces. I cannot imagine how they can sell out all their cars on 2/23/2011.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
If there's a convention in town, that can do it. I've seen sell-out situations in Dallas before. But it shouldn't be a problem since you have a reservation. The only time it would be a problem during the week is if you tried to pick up a weekend rental on a Thursday and went before 9am (or maybe it's 9:30) which is when the weekend rates often start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.