Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PIT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2021, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by kelmarino
Flying in next Thursday - late afternoon --- any recent updates on what has been appearing on the aisles? I have a back up reservation, but am hoping to score an SUV of some sort on the EE.

Thanks.
As before, finding an SUV on EE is a safe bet at PIT. I've never seen them without one on the aisle except for when they're sold out.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:55 am

Pretty Bare

Arrived at 430pm on Thursday - EE was pretty bare. Asked an agent what was available and was told a 4Runner. Asked if there was anything else larger mentioning I was an EE, and he said he thought he might have an Armada or Expedition in back. I said an Expedition would be perfect and he drove up a fully loaded one which is perfect for our needs.

​​
Old Sep 4, 2021, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by kelmarino
Arrived at 430pm on Thursday - EE was pretty bare. Asked an agent what was available and was told a 4Runner. Asked if there was anything else larger mentioning I was an EE, and he said he thought he might have an Armada or Expedition in back. I said an Expedition would be perfect and he drove up a fully loaded one which is perfect for our needs.

​​
Make sure to send a message to customer service with the employee's name thanking him for helping you.
kelmarino likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
I was there on Wednesday at 6pm and EE had a Wrangler, multiple Dodge Chargers, multiple Nissan, multiple Toyotas, multiple Hyundais, and a Q5. Took the Q5 only had 1000 miles and enjoyed it for the 2 day trip. Was the first time driving a car with active lane assist. Staff at PIT were great both to and from, fast and efficient.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM ★G, DL Silver, Amtrak ES, Hilton Diamond,Nexus

Nothing

everyone waiting for a car
Old Nov 30, 2021, 10:10 pm

The selection at PIT was thin but interesting on Tuesday night.

1x GMC Yukon SLT (new model)
1x Ford F-150 Lariat (old model)
1x Nissan Armada
1x RAM 1500 Rebel
1x Ford Escape SEL

plus a couple other nondescript cars.

I also spotted a Jeep Wagoneer but it wasn't on EA/ES.
joepa26, Ordpc and missingcolours like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: PC Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive, AAdvantage Gold, Midwest Miles
My recent rentals at PIT from the ES so far this year:
Ford Edge, fully loaded. Probably my favorite of these
Chrysler 300S
Mini Countryman
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport (Sadly, this was for a 10 day rental, the rest were 3 each. Only AWD/4WD on the aisle in a bad weather week)

Seeing lots of Camrys and Altimas lately. No shocker there.

Check your gas when you check out, the 300 had half a tank and I didn't realize till I was on the road. They believed me when I returned it half full but I assumed I would be on the hook.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:12 pm

PIT was mostly empty on Tuesday night. There were several Chrysler Pacifica Hybrids and regular V6s, a new model Ford Escape, new model Nissan Pathfinder, a base trim Camaro convertible, and not much else.
joepa26, Sicariis and Ordpc like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Thursday at PIT at 8pm. Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford Escapes, Ford Explorer, A bunch of Corola's, Altimas, 1 300C. Ended up taking the 7 seat Explorer with 2000 miles, the ride was pretty stiff and probably wouldn't take agin, also the angled headrests are quite uncomfortable, but worked well for running some family farm errands around southwest PA.

Super easy pickup and drop-off as always at PIT, never a wait.
joepa26, m907 and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by Sicariis; Jun 21, 2022 at 1:26 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sicariis
the angled headrests are quite uncomfortable
These are adjustable. Just pull the headrest forward (or backwards - I can't remember) all the way and it should reset its positioning.
Sicariis, m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:29 pm

Wednesday, August 10, 2022 approx 8PM local time.

It seemed like Emerald Aisle and Executive were combined. There wasn't much high-end to choose from.

Choices included:
- Ford Explorer Limited
- Ford Edge Titanium
- VW Passat
- Kia something sedan
- Nissan Altima
- Nissan Rogue
- Nissan Titan
- A couple of Chevy Malibus
- Tiny Chevy crossover, didn't look at model
- Toyota RAV4
- Chrysler Pacifica
- Jeep Cherokee Limited
- A couple of other things further at the end that I didn't go look at
- A Mazda 3 that an employee was just making available as we were leaving

And literally that was it. Maybe 20 cars total. No luxury nameplates to be seen.

I was hoping to find the most fully loaded VEHICLE (not caring about the nameplate - top trim Explorer or Tahoe will have more features than a base model Audi or BMW) and the place wasn't swarming, so I took my time. I was really looking for something with cooled/ventilated seats, given that it's summer and 60%+ humidity.

I took the Ford Explorer Limited, with ~11,500 miles, because it does indeed have ventilated seats. It also though unfortunately has the (for its size) highly underpowered 2.3L 4-cyl Ecoboost. I honestly forgot they put that engine in something this size. It really doesn't work. The rest of the features in the vehicle are pretty nice though, it seems like an upper model Limited, only missing the engine upgrade and sunroof. I agree with the comments above that the ride is very stiff over bumps, but I think it's pretty smooth otherwise. And yes, you can adjust the headrests by pulling them forward.

I'm not sure what engine the Edge Titanium had, but it didn't have cooled seats, so I didn't take it. I probably should've looked closer at the Passat, but I think it was a base model.
joepa26, funnyfarm299 and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by KJabs; Aug 11, 2022 at 3:47 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by KJabs
And literally that was it. Maybe 20 cars total. No luxury nameplates to be seen.

I was hoping to find the most fully loaded VEHICLE (not caring about the nameplate - top trim Explorer or Tahoe will have more features than a base model Audi or BMW) and the place wasn't swarming, so I took my time.
That list is nothing to complain about - it looks like a great selection for a Wednesday night, when rental lots are at their emptiest.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by m907
That list is nothing to complain about - it looks like a great selection for a Wednesday night, when rental lots are at their emptiest.
True. If my post came off as a complaint, perhaps I wrote it in a way that wasn't intended. It was more of a surprise, than anything. Again, except for the engine being too small, I was perfectly happy with a loaded Ford Explorer and would choose it again.

However, the surprise was because of:
  • There's (I think three, but definitely at least two) rows of space for National, and they weren't even using one full row.
  • Executive area didn't exist
  • No luxury nameplates to be found, and only two upscale non-luxury models
Of note, when I checked back in on Thursday (8 days after my pickup) a Cadillac XT5 was being returned, a Chevy Suburban was being returned, and a few other nice things were in the row. Didn't have time to get a full inventory though, as I had a flight to catch.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by KJabs
True. If my post came off as a complaint, perhaps I wrote it in a way that wasn't intended. It was more of a surprise, than anything. Again, except for the engine being too small, I was perfectly happy with a loaded Ford Explorer and would choose it again.

However, the surprise was because of:
  • There's (I think three, but definitely at least two) rows of space for National, and they weren't even using one full row.
  • Executive area didn't exist
  • No luxury nameplates to be found, and only two upscale non-luxury models
Of note, when I checked back in on Thursday (8 days after my pickup) a Cadillac XT5 was being returned, a Chevy Suburban was being returned, and a few other nice things were in the row. Didn't have time to get a full inventory though, as I had a flight to catch.
I understand you're not complaining, but this is normal for a Wednesday night.
joepa26 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:25 pm

Rented 12/12/22 around 4:15. Executive was full of junk (trucks and Pacificas). Saw an Atlas, but someone was already in it. Grabbed a 4Runner at the very end of the aisle with 7000 miles on it. Base trim and 2WD, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.