FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at PIT
Thread: Cars at PIT
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:29 pm
KJabs

Wednesday, August 10, 2022 approx 8PM local time.

It seemed like Emerald Aisle and Executive were combined. There wasn't much high-end to choose from.

Choices included:
- Ford Explorer Limited
- Ford Edge Titanium
- VW Passat
- Kia something sedan
- Nissan Altima
- Nissan Rogue
- Nissan Titan
- A couple of Chevy Malibus
- Tiny Chevy crossover, didn't look at model
- Toyota RAV4
- Chrysler Pacifica
- Jeep Cherokee Limited
- A couple of other things further at the end that I didn't go look at
- A Mazda 3 that an employee was just making available as we were leaving

And literally that was it. Maybe 20 cars total. No luxury nameplates to be seen.

I was hoping to find the most fully loaded VEHICLE (not caring about the nameplate - top trim Explorer or Tahoe will have more features than a base model Audi or BMW) and the place wasn't swarming, so I took my time. I was really looking for something with cooled/ventilated seats, given that it's summer and 60%+ humidity.

I took the Ford Explorer Limited, with ~11,500 miles, because it does indeed have ventilated seats. It also though unfortunately has the (for its size) highly underpowered 2.3L 4-cyl Ecoboost. I honestly forgot they put that engine in something this size. It really doesn't work. The rest of the features in the vehicle are pretty nice though, it seems like an upper model Limited, only missing the engine upgrade and sunroof. I agree with the comments above that the ride is very stiff over bumps, but I think it's pretty smooth otherwise. And yes, you can adjust the headrests by pulling them forward.

I'm not sure what engine the Edge Titanium had, but it didn't have cooled seats, so I didn't take it. I probably should've looked closer at the Passat, but I think it was a base model.

Last edited by KJabs; Aug 11, 2022 at 3:47 pm