Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for Fullsize SUV in the DCA area

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Looking for Fullsize SUV in the DCA area

Planning to rent a Fullsize SUV (Chevrolet Tahoe or Flex) in the Washington DC area. Which airport has the best selection in terms of car options and low miles - DCA, IAD, or BWI? I will flying in on a Thurs evening. Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I've had equal luck at all of those. I'd choose whatever airport was most convenient for flight times/price/final destination and then take it from there.

BWI has a consolidated rental car facility that is not super close to the airport -- 5-7 minute bus ride. At IAD you'll board a National bus that will take you to the facility in 3-5 minutes. I've never rented at DCA from National.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by noah
I've had equal luck at all of those. I'd choose whatever airport was most convenient for flight times/price/final destination and then take it from there.

BWI has a consolidated rental car facility that is not super close to the airport -- 5-7 minute bus ride. At IAD you'll board a National bus that will take you to the facility in 3-5 minutes. I've never rented at DCA from National.
Thanks Noah. I always rented from DCA and they have a small section in their lot that holds "premium cars". These cars do not have keys in them so you need to reserve them before hand. Have you seen many Ford Flex in IAD or BWI? I never saw one at DCA. So I am thinking about going to BWI or IAD.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: Avis First, Hertz 5*, National EE, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat
I rent from DCA often, and while I don't usually rent SUVs, I have noticed that sometimes the SUV section is empty, sometimes it is full, and sometimes the SUVs are in the ES. That being said, Thursday night is generally a time when there is a large selection available, so you may be ok. DCA is certainly a lot faster to get in and out of than IAD, especially if you walk to the rental car garage (less than 5 mins) rather than wait for the shuttle.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:55 pm

I've never seen an Enclave/Flex/Traverse on the ES at DCA; maybe Premium, but not too often.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat.
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Planning to rent a Fullsize SUV (Chevrolet Tahoe or Flex) in the Washington DC area. Which airport has the best selection in terms of car options and low miles - DCA, IAD, or BWI? I will flying in on a Thurs evening. Thanks!
If you fly in to BWI, and depending on which Thursday, I'll get you a full-size SUV. If you want a Flex, I might be able to get you a Limited edition with GPS/DVD player installed.

At BWI we have quite a bit of these. Jeep Commander, Ford Flex, Chevy Tahoe/Traverse, Ford Expedition.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Student_Flyer
If you fly in to BWI, and depending on which Thursday, I'll get you a full-size SUV. If you want a Flex, I might be able to get you a Limited edition with GPS/DVD player installed.

At BWI we have quite a bit of these. Jeep Commander, Ford Flex, Chevy Tahoe/Traverse, Ford Expedition.

Thanks SF - I will be coming in on 8/19 evening. I will send you my conf #. Pls no Jeeps - am looking for 7 passager SUV and the Flex would be awesome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.