Wiki Posts
Search

short rant - "Get one from over there"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
short rant - "Get one from over there"

ok.. Short rant.. rent about 40+ times from National.. but it doesn't matter at all sometimes. Arrived late in the afternoon on Sunday 8/1 at SFO.. looked around on the exec selection for a bit.. climbed in and out of three cars that smelled awful.. smoke and or the spray.. they only had a few up.. went and asked the nice gentlemen walking around if they were bringing anything else up.. he asked why and I explained. He looked at me and said.. "get one from over there" pointing at the Emerald selection. I explained that I paid for full size.. would like full size. He just shrugged and walked off. Nice..

end of rant / vent.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

You can also grab a car off the "regular" Full Size area. SFO is a bizarre location - sometimes amazingly good service sometimes downright rude.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I actually managed to speak to a manager at SFO a few visits ago, and she apologized for the lack of selection on the ES and expressed her frustration about the stock they had -- apparently Corporate had been reducing their fleet just as reservations were climbing. Not to justify the staffer's attitude, but it seems lately that they really don't have much better to offer, much of the time.

I have actually been renting from Hertz in SFO recently, much better run operation.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
just to be clear.. there are some fantastic people that work at national.. I see several on a regular basis with my travel patterns. Just this one sort of hit me the wrong way.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
sounds familiar...can you describe the staffer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.