Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DAL (Love Field)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 4:40 pm
RJ1

A little late with this update, but I rented at DAL on December 12, and there was a bright yellow VW Bettle in the ES aisle.
Old May 6, 2017, 6:17 pm
RJ1

Just completed a 4 day rental from the Executive Aisle at DAL... Cadillac XT5. Nice.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:14 pm
RJ1

Most recent rental at DAL was August 1, mid afternoon arrival.

Zero cars on both the ES and EA. Line of 6 customers waiting. As I was waiting, the first vehicle they drove up was a mini-van, then after that a pick-up truck. Several customers passed on these two. I finally got an Altima.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:31 pm

Arrived on 8/31 in the afternoon. Both aisles were full and being quickly filled in as cars were taken.

I was looking for a minivan or large SUV as there were 5 of us. They said most of the larger vehicles had been sent down towards Houston for Hurricane-related reasons.

As we were deciding which Santa Fe to take, they pulled up a Dodge Durango with leather & SiriusXM.

This may not have been a typical Thursday... Holiday weekend, the hurricane/flooding in Houston, and we arrived to gas shortages in Dallas, though fuel was available in more places once you got out of town.

When we returned the car on Monday both aisles were full. In the Exec aisle I saw a Caravan, several medium SUVs. There was also a BMW and a Mustang Convertible in the row.

Here's a pic I took right before the bus came:

flamtap
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Picked up mid day on Wednesday. Lot was pretty full of the usual stuff. Was about to grab a Grand Cherokee when I saw them pull up an Expedition to the Executive row. Looked great, but it had 58k miles on it. When I mentioned to the lot attendant that I've never seen a National car with that many miles on it, she agreed and said that car should have never been on the lot. So she pulled up a really nice Infiniti QX80. Got excited about that until I stepped in and it smelled awful. Last person that rented it was probably smoking cigars in it or something. By then, the attendant pulled up an Escalade and I was super happy with the that. Very appropriate for Texas and Dallas!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
How is the selection recently? I might have a project in Dallas in a couple weeks.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:10 pm

Delete
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I was there a few weeks ago, picked up around 9am on a Wednesday. Executive aisle was pretty scarce. I took a Nissan Rogue with low miles. I saw a Mini Cooper at the end of the row. Also had a Pathfinder, a Charger and other stuff that I wouldn’t consider Executive.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Managed to score a 2020 Ford F-150 Platinum with 8k on the odo from the Executive Aisle on Friday. Lots of smaller SUV's and mid-size sedans other than that
Old Nov 24, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Any updates?
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Cars Love Field

I have rented at this location several times recently and have been disappointed each time with available cars. Lots of mini vans and lower end vehicles on Emerald Aisle. Unhelpful attendant as well. I have had great vehicles at other locations but she told me not to expect that at Love Field. Pretty disappointed as I will be renting at least twice a month for the foreseeable future. I hope it changes or at least they get a more pleasant attendant.
Old May 11, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond; National-EE; Hertz-PC; WN-A* List
I’ve had a couple recent rentals at DAL. When I went in February, the aisle was completely stocked. They had quite a few Camaro convertibles, lots of Pacifica minivans, the usual mid “full” size sedans (Malibu, camry). There was a Nissan Armada on the aisle but it was locked and multiple people asked the attendant about it while I was there. I took a Mazda CX-9 with AWD because this was during the freeze.

I was back there last week on Wednesday and almost all the vehicles were reserved. I had a premium SUV reservation and got an expedition max limited. I was in a hurry so I didn’t get a super close look at the aisle but from what I could see there were only five or six cats there, all sedans, looked like probably camrys.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 8:19 pm

Weak weekend selection at DAL on a mostly empty lot.

2x Toyota Highlander
Toyota RAV4
Toyota Camry
​​​​​​Dodge Charger
Mazda CX-30
VW Passat
Hyundai Elantra

And that was about it.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond; National-EE; Hertz-PC; WN-A* List
Was at DAL again Sunday. The enterprise lot was completely full of vehicles and National had the reserve section mostly full as well. The aisle itself was pretty slim. I saw a couple of the usual smaller SUVs like RAV4, Rogue, etc. There were a couple midsize pickup trucks (both appeared to be Colorados), and a few sedans (Camry, Elantra).
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 10:46 am

Had a luxury reservation
the agent showed me a Chrysler 300 and said I booked a luxury car, not luxury SUV, so that's the one....
After some back and forth she ended up giving me a Lincoln Nautilus.

There is a new grand Cherokee limited and a polestar 2 with reserve paper in the dashboard, and she didn't let me take those.(technically the Nautilus had it as well but the sheet was flat and I assumed she didn't see it.)

The aisle has lots of options, as long as what you want is a pacifica, I have never seen so many Pacificas before, there must be like 20 of them
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.