Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BNA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:29 pm

is there anyway to pick up my rental car from National BNA upon arrival at 5AM off my redeye?
National website shows 6AM opening.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:03 am

Picked up 5/11 at 6:45pm. Both aisles were nearly 100% full, and it was Hyundai/Nissan SUV city. Saw a bunch of Tuscons and Sante Fes (some Sport AWD). There were also at least several Dodge minivans and what looked like a few Nissan pickups. There didn't seem to be a huge difference between EA and ES, except that ES tended to have better trims. I went with a silver Ford Edge Titanium Ecoboost with 5,400 mi. on it. Overall, I was happy with it. It was very well equipped and a comfortable ride, although a little underpowered for my liking. I'm not a huge fan of the eco-lag when you hit the gas pedal, but given that I've got my wife and daughter in the car, I'm not exactly driving it like my Mustang GT at home. Just as I finished installing our car seat, I saw an agent pull a Cadillac XT5 into the ES...oh well.
m907 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:46 pm
RJ1

Grabbed a Cadillac XT5 off the ES line this past week.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:17 pm

If you need a family vacation car this is your destination. Today at am 3 rows of basically mini vans for ES. I also saw a few trucks, SUVs, one Sentra and one Mazda 6 (which I took )

Not impressed. I don't want a minivan!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Emerald club EX
Talking we're having a family vacation

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
If you need a family vacation car this is your destination. Today at am 3 rows of basically mini vans for ES. I also saw a few trucks, SUVs, one Sentra and one Mazda 6 (which I took )

Not impressed. I don't want a minivan!
We are having a family vacation to Nashville. Glad to know there are mini vans and SUVs. Thanks for sharing. Did you see any 7 seat SUV by any chance? I'm not a fan of mini vans either

Last edited by alexyw; Sep 12, 2018 at 2:47 pm Reason: added my appreciation to the poster
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:10 pm

No 7 seat SUVs when I was there
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:01 pm

Any updates on the ES selection? I'm flying in, in a couple of days and hoping they'll have something decent.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:02 pm

I was at BNA in the morning earlier this week, very unimpressed with the selection. Dodge Grand Caravans galore. Grand Caravans and base trim pickups were 75% of the cars. The rest were base trim small SUVs and the occasional Altima and Impala. I was waiting for someone so I ended up hanging around the lot for awhile. They restocked frequently but most were the same vans and trucks. I did see a couple Mustang convertibles, Ford Flex, Audi Q3, Ford Explorer Limited. There was also a Mini Cooper convertible and VW Beetle, which I've never seen on a rental lot before. But each of those got snatched pretty quickly. The rest of it was lame. I had to go back later that night to pick someone up and the selection was mostly the same mix of minivans and trucks.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
is there anyway to pick up my rental car from National BNA upon arrival at 5AM off my redeye?
National website shows 6AM opening.
Were you, or has anyone else been, able to pick up a car at National before 6:00 AM? I'll be arriving early on a red-eye, as well.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by wakko11
Were you, or has anyone else been, able to pick up a car at National before 6:00 AM? I'll be arriving early on a red-eye, as well.
You can try to go to the lot at that time as there will be some employees working at 4 or 5, but the system may not allow them to rent before then. Entering your flight details on the reservation may help as well. But you may just have to wait.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:34 pm

Not much In the executive aisle at BNA tonight. A sea of minivans, a pickup truck, a few Malibu's, 1 jeep wrangler, 1 Altima and 2 base dodge chargers ... not really an executive selection.

All the good cars seem to be over in the enterprise aisles

I've had great cars here before with mustang convertibles and challenger R/Ts, but not tonight. There is 1 mustang convertible that is a $50/day upgrade - no thanks

Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:40 pm

So I ended up with a pretty nice car at BNA anyway. I had time to hang around and see what was being brought around, and I asked a couple of car attendants if they could bring me something nicer. I've had good luck with this before at BNA, but not tonight.

I decided to hang out near the entrance to the aisle and the manager was coming from the lot and asked if he could help me. I told him I was disappointed in the Executive aisle and he told me it was a Tuesday and they didn't have many cars. I let him know I'd wait a little bit longer to see what might come around. About 10 minutes later he asked what he could do and I pointed at the new (4,000 miles) Audi A5 Sportback in the upgrade aisle with a $60/day upgrade and asked "how about this". His answer ... sure.

I've rented at BNA 5 or 6 times this year and have always had a good experience.

2 x Mustang Convertibles, 2 x Challenger R/T, 1 x Cadillac XTS and now the Audi A5SB

And heck yeah, this Audi has Android Auto ... I'm pleased to see that Audi has gotten onboard with this feature

Last edited by 2Labs; Sep 13, 2019 at 11:20 am
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:40 pm

Once again, BNA has had mediocre Executive Aisle selections this week. A colleague and I are here this week and the best vehicle in the aisle was a 2018 Cadillac XT5 with 48,000 miles on it. It was a bit rough around the edges, had 1 key (without the physical key in it).

I did go and swap the car out on Wed - earning extra onetwo free points - and did pickup a new Audi Q5 with 6,000 miles on it. There was nothing to talk about in the Executive Aisle (pickup trucks, minivans, a few small SUV's, and 2 Altima's) -- I found this car hiding in the compact car aisle.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:52 pm

Last weekend I got a brand spanking new (30 miles) BMW X3 in the Exec Aisle and they were pulling another around as I drove out.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:54 pm

The car selection earlier this week was - as usual - mostly pickup trucks and minivans. There were some mid size SUV's, along with quite a few Altima sedans. I grabbed a Dodge Challenger - but it was a 6 cyl version. It seems they've been moving the Challenger R/T's at this location and replacing them with base Challengers.

I just dropped off today and the lot looks totally different with a LOT of sedans - Altima's, base Chargers, a few base Challengers along with a few gems hidden in between. There was a newish Jaguar F-Pace, along with a couple of Audi Q5's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.