First Class Upgrades?

Old Aug 7, 01, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

First Class Upgrades?

Didn't National allow day-of cash upgrades in the past? Does anyone know if they still do? And how to determine the price on the website (I've got a red-eye coming up that I would love to upgrade.)

Thanks
Charles
Old Aug 7, 01, 5:43 pm
CG

I was flying from Vegas to SFO two years ago and they made an announcement that anyone who wanted to upgrade to first could do so by going to the counter and paying $20.00 It sounded too good to be true, but sure enough $40.00 upgraded us both. Everyone else must have thought the same because only a couple of others took them up on it. I guess they had oversold the coach section and found it easier and cheaper to almost give away first seats then to pay people to be bumped. Too bad the majors don't do that. The great thing is that it was the day after our wedding and we were on our way to SFO to catch a flight to SYD for our Honeymoon. It really made our day!
Old Aug 7, 01, 6:24 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, UA1k/GS, AA Plat, HHonors Gold, *wood Plat
Well if they don't take cash anymore I have a way you can get an upgrade. I still have an upgrade certificate with these guys that is good until 4/15/02. If you are interested let me know. The cash upgrades were $180 from JFK to LAS, I think $60 from SFO/LAX to LAS and $240 from JFK to SFO/LAX.
Old Aug 10, 01, 3:53 pm

Look Here:
http://www.nationalairlines.com/features/upgrades.asp

This is great since it is on any fare. And I believe you can do it 24 hours in advance by phone.
Old Aug 11, 01, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. Looked all over the site and couldnt find it...

Charles

Search this Thread
Search Engine: