New Beverage Carts=El Cheapo

Old Aug 7, 01, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
New Beverage Carts=El Cheapo

From "Real News and Real Deals from National Airlines" e-mail:

STERLING BEVERAGE CART --

Over the next several months, National Airlines will be installing state-of-the-art beverage carts on all our aircraft. The built-in beverage system on the Sterling Beverage Carts are similar to the fountain systems you see at restaurants. This will allow us to serve you faster and more efficiently than ever before. Not only will you become one of the first people in the world to be served by this innovation, but this is another example of our commitment to provide you with the quality service you deserve.

--

To me, this means you now get 4 oz. of Diet Dr. Pepper instead of the whole can....if you even have the option of getting Diet Dr. Pepper....or even regular Dr. Pepper!

I can see it now..."We have K-Cola, Diet K-Cola, and Shasta Lemon-Lime."

And they tick us off before we ever see these new carts by putting this in their weekly e-mail!
Old Aug 7, 01, 3:58 pm

According to your post, you haven't even tried the thing and you're whining about it. Why not give it a chance first, then give us your opinion. Better yet, why not just quit whining? You know, as the airlines all say, "You have a choice when you fly." In other words, if you don't like one airline, go fly on another and see if it's any better. So if their innovation "ticks you off", then move on. I on the other hand will find out more about National Airlines. Thanks for the tip.
Old Aug 10, 01, 4:12 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ezdesit:
you haven't even tried the thing and you're whining about it. </font>
Succinct first post, ezdesit!

But maybe 'easy does it',ezdesit.

Just something to drink about! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Old Aug 10, 01, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
OTOH if I were a FA and could serve sodas without bending over and searching through multiple bins and pulling off tabs, etc. all day I would be a lot happier.

Maybe it will mean faster passenger service, less back problems and repetitive stress injuries for FA's and ....oh my gosh.. the possibility of a win win situation http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Aug 13, 01, 11:24 am

Point taken tvl4free, and sorry about that aamilesslave. I guess after having my airline bashed relentlessly, and it continues, it just bothers me to see people bash other airlines that are trying to do something different.

I'm not a FA, but what estnet says sure does make a lot of sense. Maybe National's move into this thing makes the FAs happy, which might result in better (and faster) service to customers, and as the airline said in their press release, save them some money because they don't have to deal with the weight of the cans. It's hard to criticize that.
Old Aug 13, 01, 6:00 pm
LLZ

I agree this sounds like a good idea that will speed up service.

As for National FA's attitude, I haven't flown with nicer FAs since the early 80's.

They are the most pleasant bunch of people I've seen. Helping elderly people place their carry-ons into the bins, letting people know they have some extra meals if anyone would like another.....time-warped and service-conscience!

Just wish they flew more places!
Old Aug 15, 01, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Well, I was on a flight with one of these new carts on Sat....they had variety, but one little cup (maybe 2/3 full) was all you got. And DFW-LAS, they only did one round of beverage service. Gimme a can any day.
Old Aug 16, 01, 9:56 pm

http://sterlingbeverage.com/

Pics are available...looks nifty! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Search this Thread
Search Engine: