Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr and Mrs Smith / Hyatt Integration Teaser Announcement and Gift Card Promo [2023]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr and Mrs Smith / Hyatt Integration Teaser Announcement and Gift Card Promo [2023]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2023, 10:15 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

We have our first sign of life re integration with a new promotion announced by Hyatt today from now until March 31st: by visiting the linked website, World of Hyatt members can purchase gift cards for use at M&MS properties, and every dollar spent for these gift cards earns the regular five base points, while for every $300 spent on gift cards, members will earn 1 tier qualifying night credit toward tier status. WoH points can also be used to buy gift cards.

It's a small step, but an exciting one. The linked website references that the properties are coming soon, so if we're lucky, we'll see some onboarding by year end.

khabah
Old Nov 1, 2023, 10:22 am

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/mmsgiftcards

Interesting.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:59 am

Stating the obvious -- this seems like the easiest way to make up some qualifying nights, so long as you use the gift cards at some point.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kirk T
Stating the obvious -- this seems like the easiest way to make up some qualifying nights, so long as you use the gift cards at some point.
It's nice that the promo overlaps the year so we can decide if we need points this year or next.
poptarts likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
So I got the promo email, the promotion goes through March? Does that mean no actual integration until then? I saw a hotel in Crete for 54 bucks a night and as a digital nomad... I might would do this. No qualifying nights though eh? Just the night I earn for the gift cards? Hmmm...
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:06 pm

So the link to purchase cards is https://mrmrssmith.redeam.com/. Is there some sneaky cleverness here or the exact opposite involved in this URL name?
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
It absolutely is an excellent way to pick up tier nights if you're planning to stay at Mr & Mrs Smith properties. I'm searching their properties now for places to stay
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by khabah
Hyatt showed the below graphic off during their Investor Day conference as a sign of how their Europe footprint could grow with the M&MS acquisition. If this is a sign for how much they truly plan on integrating the portfolio within WoH, I'm going to be a very happy camper.

khabah

Is there a map like this for the US?
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:24 pm

I’m wondering if it will be possible to double dip? I.e. earn bonus points on the gift card purchase now then also earn base points on a stay paid with the gift card once the WoH integration is completed. Hypothetically that would be 10x or 11x (including credit card as 1x) today rather than the 9x from base points plus WoH card bonus with traditional WoH bookings. Also as the gift card points offer is described as “base points” does that mean status bonuses also apply to the gift card purchase. Unfortunately the gift card link is blocked on my network at the moment.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:46 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Is there a map like this for the US?
This came from a Hyatt presentation and was the only slide they showed to specifically demonstrate Hyatt's growth in Europe, so I'm afraid we were shown nothing else regarding Hyatt+M&MS growth elsewhere.

khabah
Old Nov 1, 2023, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
I’m wondering if it will be possible to double dip? I.e. earn bonus points on the gift card purchase now then also earn base points on a stay paid with the gift card once the WoH integration is completed. Hypothetically that would be 10x or 11x (including credit card as 1x) today rather than the 9x from base points plus WoH card bonus with traditional WoH bookings. Also as the gift card points offer is described as “base points” does that mean status bonuses also apply to the gift card purchase. Unfortunately the gift card link is blocked on my network at the moment.
According to FAQ, cannot double dip.
https://mrmrssmith.redeam.com/detail...ards?FAQs=true

"Will nights stayed using the gift card as payment count as eligible nights for tier credit?No, stays using these gift cards will not be considered eligible for points or tier credit."
Old Nov 1, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Here are a few more interesting points from the FAQ.

Will I receive World of Hyatt Base Points for my stay in addition to the points I earn when purchasing the gift cards?

No, purchases made with these gift cards toward hotel stays will not be eligible for additional World of Hyatt Base Points. These gift cards must be used on Mr and Mrs Smith website https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/, and World of Hyatt points will only be awarded with a qualifying purchase of the gift card. The Mr and Mrs Smith website is not and will not be an eligible booking channel to earn World of Hyatt points.

Where can the gift card be used?

The gift card can be used towards accommodation costs when booking on Mr and Mrs Smith website https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/. Where a refund is applicable for cancelled bookings, the amount paid (or a portion of the amount paid, as applicable) with a gift card will be refunded to the gift card.

Can gift cards be used to pay for meal or spa treatments when staying in a hotel?

No. Gift cards can only be used to pay for a room reservation at the time of booking with Mr and Mrs Smith through https://www.mrandmrssmith.com/. Cards cannot be redeemed while at the hotel and cannot go towards any extras.

When I purchase a qualifying gift card, will I receive my tier bonus?

Yes, the tier bonus will be applied on Base Point earning.

When I purchase a qualifying gift card, will I receive my credit card bonus?

Yes, Bonus Points as a cardmember will be awarded.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 4:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jbeckett
Here are a few more interesting points from the FAQ.

When I purchase a qualifying gift card, will I receive my credit card bonus?

Yes, Bonus Points as a cardmember will be awarded.
So we would earn the 4x on the WoH CC? The wording could be more clear.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
We have our first sign of life re integration with a new promotion announced by Hyatt today from now until March 31st: by visiting the linked website, World of Hyatt members can purchase gift cards for use at M&MS properties, and every dollar spent for these gift cards earns the regular five base points, while for every $300 spent on gift cards, members will earn 1 tier qualifying night credit toward tier status. WoH points can also be used to buy gift cards.

It's a small step, but an exciting one. The linked website references that the properties are coming soon, so if we're lucky, we'll see some onboarding by year end.

khabah
If I need two more nights to reach a milestone this calendar year, does purchase $600 of gift cards count? If I understand this correctly, purchasing $600 GC now means:

- 2 qualifying nights in 2023
- 3000 WOH points

When I redeem the GC in future M&MS stays, I will neither earn points nor will the nights paid using the GC be a qualifying night. I guess the additional question here is what if the nights are partially paid by GCs..

Separately, I assume reservations made through M&MS directly with cash should count as qualifying nights for WOH?

TIA
Old Nov 1, 2023, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shfflz
If I need two more nights to reach a milestone this calendar year, does purchase $600 of gift cards count? If I understand this correctly, purchasing $600 GC now means:

- 2 qualifying nights in 2023
- 3000 WOH points

When I redeem the GC in future M&MS stays, I will neither earn points nor will the nights paid using the GC be a qualifying night. I guess the additional question here is what if the nights are partially paid by GCs..

Separately, I assume reservations made through M&MS directly with cash should count as qualifying nights for WOH?

TIA
My guess is that reservations made through the M&MS web site do not, and never will, earn qualifying nights or Hyatt points, regardless of the method of payment. And I guess that once it is possible to book M&MS hotels via the Hyatt web site, those bookings will earn qualifying nights and Hyatt points.

I see the current way of selling the gift cards with the additional EQN and points as a bridge to allow stays in M&MS hotels to indirectly earn Hyatt points and EQN benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.